PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: Tampa is Brady's Likely Landing Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude from Tampa sports is on WEEI.

“Anyone who follows football knows the Bucs aren’t a 35 year old..never mind a 43 year old Tom Brady from winning the SB.”

Refreshing to hear that and quite a distinction from some here.

And the Pats really really REALLY needed that $7m that they paid less than Bucs (Pats offer was $23m and Bucs $30m)
Where are you getting the NEP offered $23m? How much of that was guaranteed? Incentives?

...and based on their current cap situation, yea they do need the $7m.

TB12 is the GOAT. But am I in the very small minority that thinks him walking out is uncool? He didn’t need the $ and it’s not like Ray Bourque where he wanted to leave to win a championship. Should’ve retired after beating the Rams in SB 53.

Minority shrinking....

Cuz all ya gotta do is see 30 million in cash sitting in front of you and say no thanks , me , my kids , my wife , don't need that. ...
And that game of football that I love so much playing and working out to get better at... Um , no thanks. I'm too old....
And that business that is based on his performance and good health on going.... Um oh well ill just watch that stock go down the toilet when I have this opportunity to continue playing and being the number one promotor.

I support the guy doing his thing and trying this new opportunity. It's really a brilliant move for him. He really needed it too! Cuz last year was kinda stale and stinky. And credit goes to recognizing that and getting change of scenery.

It's different and people have complained that the franchise is not worthy , like Tampa is beneath him. This is dumb cuz change of scenery means flipping your reality. It is very much stimulating for this guy. I think you're gonna have a hard time wiping the smile off his face.

“Anyone who follows football knows the Bucs aren’t a 35 year old..never mind a 43 year old Tom Brady from winning the SB.”

If the Bucs cut their turnovers by 2/3rds, do well in the draft, FA and improve just enough in the secondary I genuinely believe the Bucs are a 10-6 team next year with Tom.

Who cares. Maybe he wanted famous jameis back. A lot of bucs fans are just happy that they won’t see famous jameis throw another interception and I disagree with that guy.

If the Bucs cut their turnovers by 2/3rds, do well in the draft, FA and improve just enough in the secondary I genuinely believe the Bucs are a 10-6 team next year with Tom.

I agree with that.

Do you want him to fail or something? Bucs can easily add more pieces on offense and defense to make it happen.

Minority shrinking....

Cuz all ya gotta do is see 30 million in cash sitting in front of you and say no thanks , me , my kids , my wife , don't need that. ...
And that game of football that I love so much playing and working out to get better at... Um , no thanks. I'm too old....
And that business that is based on his performance and good health on going.... Um oh well ill just watch that stock go down the toilet when I have this opportunity to continue playing and being the number one promotor.

I support the guy doing his thing and trying this new opportunity. It's really a brilliant move for him. He really needed it too! Cuz last year was kinda stale and stinky. And credit goes to recognizing that and getting change of scenery.

It's different and people have complained that the franchise is not worthy , like Tampa is beneath him. This is dumb cuz change of scenery means flipping your reality. It is very much stimulating for this guy. I think you're gonna have a hard time wiping the smile off his face.

I understand what you’re saying. I just feel betrayed, I know it’s his right and everything and they offered him a ton of $, but I thought he’d be a Patriot for his entire career and as a Patriot fan I’m taking this a bit personally. I know he owes the team nothing, but seeing him in another uniform... I’ll likely never be ok with it.

Who cares. Maybe he wanted famous jameis back. A lot of bucs fans are just happy that they won’t see famous jameis throw another interception and I disagree with that guy.

Who cares? You are so far up Brady’s jock it’s ridiculous. Nah dude was happy to see JW gone but he is also realistic unlike you.

He even said maybe 11-12 wins but at least 10 but they aren’t close to the best team in the conference.

Do you want him to fail or something? Bucs can easily add more pieces on offense and defense to make it happen.

FA is about over. Rookies can’t be depended on. What they have now is what they have. There is no magic wand to fix all of Tampa’s problems. Plus no off season camps really screw every team and especially rookies.

Who cares? You are so far up Brady’s jock it’s ridiculous. Nah dude was happy to see JW gone but he is also realistic unlike you.

He even said maybe 11-12 wins but at least 10 but they aren’t close to the best team in the conference.

Get out of here with that crap.You sound like a bitter baby. Have you seen Drew Brees lately? Bucs offense is a lot better than the saints offense. If they get some help in the secondary they can compete with the saints who are on the downside because of brees.

FA is about over. Rookies can’t be depended on. What they have now is what they have. There is no magic wand to fix all of Tampa’s problems. Plus no off season camps really screw every team and especially rookies.

You’re such a clown. They still have money to make a move or two.

Nobody here said anything about winning a SB. That would be unrealistic. All we've said is TB can bring them to the playoffs, which you think is an utter failure.

Wouldn’t every team do pretty well if they managed to do those things?

Free agency starts at 4 PM today so it really hasn't started...and is there a rule that says you have to be perfect in every area to win the SB?

Writes the Pats fan who only has a superficial knowledge of Tampa’s team (like most of us). I’ll take the word of Tampa guy who truly knows the team and whose views aren’t clouded by Brady love.

Wouldn’t every team do pretty well if they managed to do those things?
Sure, but Tom Brady alone accomplishes item 1 on that list.

Writes the Pats fan who only has a superficial knowledge of Tampa’s team (like most of us). I’ll take the word of Tampa guy who truly knows the team and whose views aren’t clouded by Brady love.

If that's the case, we as Pats fans are not allowed to have opinions on any other team in the league. Why bother discussing the rest of the NFL since we have a "superficial knowledge" of those teams?

If that's the case, we as Pats fans are not allowed to have opinions on any other team in the league. Why bother discussing the rest of the NFL since we have a "superficial knowledge" of those teams?

Hmmmm....that’s not a bad point, however, my snarky post still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes