PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Some Patriots are feeling under the weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few salient points...
Supposedly Patriots & Chiefs (players & coaches) chose to play on Monday over postponing the game. Doesn’t sound like the NFL “shoved them on planes”.
If players are not overly concerned, do not follow all protocols, such as wearing masks in the facility, social distancing & masking outside and limiting interactions with the public, I do not blame owners or the NFL. There is a level of personal responsibility here. These are grown men. They know the risks& consequences of contracting the virus.
Furthermore, I don’t see how players are at greater risk or more exposed to the virus than any of the general population that are going to work and interacting with the public.
The only way to completely avoid exposure, would obviously be to self quarantine.

Random thought- If they weren’t testing players, we wouldn’t even know Gilmore and Newton had the virus- they’re both asymptomatic.

Are you not watching the games? Consuming any nfl media?
I keep my consumption to a minimum. I've been saying it for years on here that we should all stop watching the NYJFL* until the greedy 32 end their immoral behaviour. I'm just waiting for you all to do it which is never going to happen. When Brady and Belichick are done, so I am. When the Pats are knocked out of the playoffs I don't consume any NYJFL* media. I didn't even know Cam was on the team until I showed up here two days before the opener. Obviously some things were unavoidable, I heard Brady signed with the Bucs and that the Chiefs won the Super Bowl. But those things were thrown in my face. I didn't go looking it up even after I was made aware of the news.

Whoa. Is this the practice squad QB or a new one?

Must...resist...making...crude joke...

yXIxrF5pGC1r9q_HlJwJE1LhhfeHU-ao1kfn__OFXtn35slvXgES2nqC0puCV5jjGLdciQ=s170

Maybe 7-10 months ago. Not now.
Considering this virus wouldn’t have spread in the first place had it not been for China, I think it’s safe to blame them still. I think it’s safe to blame them until the end of days for this doozy.

The obligatory "they knew the risks" is true but one would think that the league do more than hand out bracelets and ban jersey swaps and then shove players on a plane 48 hours after being directly exposed to a player who had it.
You’re acting as if the NFL being money hungry scumbags is news to these players. If they were under the impression that the NFL would look out for their best interests, they’re incredibly gullible.

The NFL is this countries best sport. NBA svcks. NHL is not broadcast nationwide to all markets. MLB is a joke with its half *** salary cap and non d
The quick test for that has a 50/50 success rate.

I defied the laws of physics.

You’re acting as if the NFL being money hungry scumbags is news to these players. If they were under the impression that the NFL would look out for their best interests, they’re incredibly gullible.
They both have lots of money at stake. At least the owners have/decades to make to make a fortune. The players have maybe 5 years and only one or two real shots inside those 5 years to get a big deal. That being said the NFPA cant be happy with the half assed measures taken to prevent them from getting sick.

The true worst case scenario for the NFL is if someone dies of COVID bc of contraction in one of those game. Then i really want to see what the **** is going to happen to the NFL (and there are a lot lot of old guys as coaches, FOs etc compared to other sports...)

I keep my consumption to a minimum. I've been saying it for years on here that we should all stop watching the NYJFL* until the greedy 32 end their immoral behaviour. I'm just waiting for you all to do it which is never going to happen. When Brady and Belichick are done, so I am. When the Pats are knocked out of the playoffs I don't consume any NYJFL* media. I didn't even know Cam was on the team until I showed up here two days before the opener. Obviously some things were unavoidable, I heard Brady signed with the Bucs and that the Chiefs won the Super Bowl. But those things were thrown in my face. I didn't go looking it up even after I was made aware of the news.
Ok, then why are you on this board posting?

Considering this virus wouldn’t have spread in the first place had it not been for China, I think it’s safe to blame them still. I think it’s safe to blame them until the end of days for this doozy.

TBF, the way this virus works, unless China was incredibly lucky, it was all but certain to get loose. That said, regardless of the origins of the virus, it doesn't change the fact that the federal government badly botched the U.S. response.

Awesome.

Hope you got what you wanted Goodell.

He should be scared. If this gets out of hand, it lands on his NYJFL head.

I'd like LaConfora to name names, otherwise it's fake news

They both have lots of money at stake. At least the owners have/decades to make to make a fortune. The players have maybe 5 years and only one or two real shots inside those 5 years to get a big deal. That being said the NFPA cant be happy with the half assed measures taken to prevent them from getting sick.
What do you want them to do?

The true worst case scenario for the NFL is if someone dies of COVID bc of contraction in one of those game. Then i really want to see what the **** is going to happen to the NFL (and there are a lot lot of old guys as coaches, FOs etc compared to other sports...)
Everyone is aware of the risks they are taking. No one is being forced to participate. Mamy employees in many companies have contracted COVID. Why would you think the league is magic and can prevent it?

Did Korea go full ****** crybaby like America did, and blame China, or did they actually get off their asses and implement a very efficient virus containment policy right away? Asking for a friend.

Aren't we all under the weather? I mean, it does start several thousand feet above us, after all.

Football should not be being played at all right now, especially with the ineptitude of the league officials and owners. It's more than a game. Lives are at stake.
not really.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes