PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Season-ending torn Achilles for Wilfork

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any DT is available that is all that good (Seymour maybe but he is not coming back). I think a trade is probably the best option. I wouldn't mind using a high draft pick to get it done.

1370204301829.gif

Heard it on the radio, they say a Trade. I say a Trade. Too bad about no Seymour. Dederick is another (still available?). :(:(:(:(

Please be another bad media source.
Deaderick is on the Jags. Love is a free agent, but I doubt they're interested in him. Armstead's return should help, and it definitely can't hurt. There's nobody on the roster that's a true nose tackle, though.

And as much as I hope she's wrong, SMY is usually dead on. She's a rare member of the media that thinks before she reports.

Well hopefully Armstead is getting better and is on track for a return. Obviously he is no replacement for Wilfork but he would be a boost to the D-Line.

I think we need to make a trade, just like with Talib.

The problem is, for whom. We can't just waste a pick. However, I agree.

If this report is accurate, obviously no one is ever going to be able to replace him or his leadership and what he's meant to the defense.

Guys just are going to have to step it up going forward now. This is where champions are made. When your leader and heart of defense of your defense goes down, what your response is will show us all we need to know about whether these guys are going to be playing in January and beyond.

Let's win one for Vince, baby!

Problem is we have no other NT options. Wilfork is an effective DT and 3-4 NT. losing him means a huge loss of defensive flexibility up front

They would have to play a 4/3 and variations of....no 3/4 nose tackles on the squad

That's what I was thinking. Although Wilfork has looked a bit hobbled and maybe out of shape compared to last season, he is still irreplaceable. It'll take one hell of a signing/trade for this not to make the defensive unit noticeably worse off.

Ex jet Pouha is still a free agent I believe. Might be worth a look. Maybe even Garay. This is terrible news though. Wilfork was fundamental in the good pats run d of the last couple of years. I take comfort in the fact that the 2010 Packers won with so many key injuries. it can be DONE guys as long as we don't lose Brady of course.

Thats a costly win. Run D and pass rush both are going to suffer.

Didn't Terrell Suggs return faster than people thought after a torn achilles last year?

Can we get Wilfork some deer antler spray?

The problem is, for whom. We can't just waste a pick. However, I agree.

I don't mind using a high pick to get it done. You only have so many years of Brady left and can't afford to waste any by standing pat out of the principle of getting good value.

The AFC looks ripe for the picking. Bengals, Ravens & Houston all look suspect and I just don't think Miami/KC are ready to step up yet.

I think the Patriots and Denver likely make the AFCCG and if that is probably the case there is no reason not to go out and get 1 piece that might put you over the top.

Although maybe they bring up AJ Francis from the PS and team him and Vellano up some.

Those two were the defensive tackles for Maryland last year which was the 13th ranked rush defense in all of college last year.

I don't mind using a high pick to get it done. You only have so many years of Brady left and can't afford to waste any by standing pat out of the principle of getting good value.

The AFC looks ripe for the picking. Bengals, Ravens & Houston all look suspect and I just don't think Miami/KC are ready to step up yet.

I think the Patriots and Denver likely make the AFCCG and if that is probably the case there is no reason not to go out and get 1 piece that might put you over the top.

Once again, give a trade scenario and a team willing to trade also. Otherwise lets not throw out theories "You only have so many years of Brady left and can't afford to waste any by standing pat out of the principle of getting good value." .

Didn't Terrell Suggs return faster than people thought after a torn achilles last year?

Can we get Wilfork some deer antler spray?

Suggs had five and a half months to heal. The Super Bowl is in four months.

One of the problems with a trade is that the other teams know the Patriots are 'desperate'. Tough sledding in a buyer's market.

Suggs had five and a half months to heal. The Super Bowl is in four months.

as a side note...Sugg's face has NEVER healed..it's one ugly open sore sitting atop that huge body supported by those itty bitty little feet and ankles...

Are you F'n kidding me!!!!!

This can't be life. Seriously, big V..

disappointed1.gif

2 people we cannot lose, Tommy and Big V. I am in a daze right now.

Casey Hampton? Or is he done?

Shaun Cody?

Ron Brace?

Pouha is available as well. Cody had back surgery this offseason. Ron's ship has probably sailed. Rocky Bernard is out there as well as Myron Pryor for those looking for former Pats.

Fanene....I keed I keed.

Just going from roster to roster, I found one guy that makes a little sense. Ziggy Hood is a borderline NFL starter for the 0-4 Steelers and is a free agent after this season. In that sense, he seems like he'd be available, it's just a matter of if he'd be an upgrade for the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News