PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report says things are dire in Beefalo

Tyrod while not great, was a very decent QB. The Bills made the post season in 2017. Taylor only threw 4 INTS all season and had a 62% completion rate. The Browns will win some games with him just watch.

Allen had **** for a supporting cast at Wyoming and now he is in the same boat in Buffalo.This year he will win some games that he shouldnt have and lose some games that he should have won. Allen needs big time development at the NFL level.

Im ambivalent on him starting this year. On one hand he should sit out and learn the ropes this year. You can ruin a QB throwing him to the wolves too soon destroying his confidence. On the other hand, Allen needs the experience yesterday. At Wyoming Allen averaged 8 carries a game rushing over his career. 10 carries per game in 2016 with 7 rushing TDs.Josh Allen College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Pro style Wyoming offense my ***.

He needs to stay in the pocket and throw it away taking his lumps. If Allen cannot break the habit of wanting to run then all bets are off.

Tyrod Taylor sucks, so they will be improved at that position, unless Peterman is the starter, or unless Allen is thrown to the wolves.

Ooops.

Anyway, I can't begin to describe how bad Taylor is. If he's playing for you, it's like having one hand tied behind your back.

Anyway, the bills big problem is that last year they had this weird year in which they did very well with turnovers, and especially fumbles. We know that over time those things average out.

You can't deny that the coach did a really good job with a team lacking talent last year.

And this idea that the team has been devolving since Rex Ryan left? Ummmmm.... it boggles the mind that someone even wrote that.

The Bills were a horrific mess when Ryan was there. The new coach came in and took them to the playoffs--with less talent.

1. Taylor's not nearly as bad as you indicate
  2. The new coach came in and pissed away a game by benching Taylor for a guy who clearly wasn't NFL ready. If not for Andy Dalton, that new coach would have cost his team a spot in the playoffs.

Yeah he more than likely is. He just shouldn’t of been thrown into that situation. He doesn’t stand a chance
It’s interesting though.
If you look back at all of the greatest and winningest QBs of all time a very large percentage of them started out on a crappy team. There are very few that began playing on a team that was winning.
There is something to be said for becoming an elite player by NEEDING TO elevate your team.
Brady
Montana
Manning
Elway
Favre
Bradshaw
Brees (esp in NO)
Warner
Fouts
We’re all guys who started out with teams that sucked and were the transition.

The bills really just have no talent.
Both sides of the ball were poor last year, but they won games on turnovers.
6-1 with 2+ takeaways
3-7 with 0 or 1

3-6 when they turnover it over once or more
6-2 when they had zero

They had + turnovers in 10 games and were 8-2 and when it was - or even they were 1-6

Passing running blocking tackling and covering, etc was not very good but they changed games by forcing turnovers.

If forcing turnovers is a quality of their players better than all the other teams they can continue to be mediocre but if that evens out they are a 4-12 team.
Plus I think they will be increasing giveaways with the chance at QB.

Definitely agree.

And I always tell people, the 2008 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason (2008 is the season they went 0-16). So, does preseason matter? Yes, to the coaches and a warm up for us fans. Records and individual performances may be misleading (Cassell same year).

It’s a Michigan team. I saw a spectacle one year, people were attempting to get excited by a new lions season and tried to party it up. No smiles were to be seen there as if they knew it would do less than zero good and may be harmful spiritually to get excited about a team who makes losing a religious obligation. First regular season game that year saw the lions fumble four times and two interceptions in a devestating loss which surprised no one at all

Last edited:
Until you get a good QB you are in dire straits in this league no matter who you are. I am excited for the start of the season. I hope Brady and co. keep showing all the also-rans like Buffalo how it's done. Go Pats!!

Tyrod Taylor sucks, so they will be improved at that position, unless Peterman is the starter, or unless Allen is thrown to the wolves.

Ooops.

Anyway, I can't begin to describe how bad Taylor is. If he's playing for you, it's like having one hand tied behind your back.

Anyway, the bills big problem is that last year they had this weird year in which they did very well with turnovers, and especially fumbles. We know that over time those things average out.

You can't deny that the coach did a really good job with a team lacking talent last year.

And this idea that the team has been devolving since Rex Ryan left? Ummmmm.... it boggles the mind that someone even wrote that.

The Bills were a horrific mess when Ryan was there. The new coach came in and took them to the playoffs--with less talent.

Oh you're right, I didn't mean to say they are lost since Rex Ryan left, as if they were any good before, I mean that process started with him, I mean even before, but at least they had a defensive identity back then, which he started to demolish changing schemes and trading players. I was using Rex Ryan more like a reference but in reality they suck pretty much like the Browns when it comes to roster management and draft. They just manage to win a few games more.

Oh you're right, I didn't mean to say they are lost since Rex Ryan left, as if they were any good before, I mean that process started with him, I mean even before, but at least they had a defensive identity back then, which he started to demolish changing schemes and trading players. I was using Rex Ryan more like a reference but in reality they suck pretty much like the Browns when it comes to roster management and draft. They just manage to win a few games more.
Rex started the suck. They had a very good defense until he showed up and ruined it.

Buffalo is near Cleveland which is near Detroit. This little circle of NFL cities have been sort of hexed for some time now--to put it mildly. The Browns may make a small move this year, but that's not saying much, coming from 0-16. But the Bills will retreat.

What gets me about buffalo are the swaths of unwashed, delusional, drunk ******s running all over the place. They kick a field goal and fans act like they just won something.

They are haunted by the fact that, once upon a time, if they had made one particular field goal then they actually WOULD have won something. That memory keeps them drunk and delusional.

Last year McDermott put in Petterman when he shouldn't, now this year I think he should name Petterman the starter before tonight's game.

Now let's see how he handles this situation, I sense he is going to repeat Bill O'Brien with that QB controversy between Mallet and Hoyer.

They better stock up on plastic tables and lighter fluid!!

Just looking at the schedule again from a link in the sidebar and I notice the Pats are playing them on Monday Oct 29 in Buffalo.
Good luck MNF.

Yep. I would have addressed other positions of need with that pick. Allen was a huge project to begin with and now he’s going to be forced into a bad situation.
Allen is either playing for the Jets or Dolphins by 2022.

1. Taylor's not nearly as bad as you indicate
  2. The new coach came in and pissed away a game by benching Taylor for a guy who clearly wasn't NFL ready. If not for Andy Dalton, that new coach would have cost his team a spot in the playoffs.

Taylor is horrific. Only people that watch him week in and week out know this. Taylor is repeatedly late on his throws. YAC non-existent. Lays his guys out to dry. Peterman has a week arm and shouldn't be in the NFL. But Taylor? He is really bad. Look at comp %s all you want, but the reason for their pop gun offense the last 2 years has been Taylor.

Taylor is horrific. Only people that watch him week in and week out know this. Taylor is repeatedly late on his throws. YAC non-existent. Lays his guys out to dry. Peterman has a week arm and shouldn't be in the NFL. But Taylor? He is really bad. Look at comp %s all you want, but the reason for their pop gun offense the last 2 years has been Taylor.

I've seen him play enough. He keeps the ball safe and he usually gives his team a chance a win. Given what's been around him, that's praiseworthy. And the team ditched its receivers and has no tight end, and that's a big part of why they've had a "pop gun offense".

He's certainly not great, but he's not as bad as you try making him out to be. He's an unimpressive game manager, but that doesn't make him "horrific". And, again, the coach you're championing almost cost his team the playoffs with the idiotic decision to bench Taylor for Peterman.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back