PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report says things are dire in Beefalo

They are haunted by the fact that, once upon a time, if they had made one particular field goal then they actually WOULD have won something. That memory keeps them drunk and delusional.
After reading this post, I watched the last few minutes of SB25 on youtube. Piss-poor clock management and play-calling by Levy. LOL at his thinking that a candy-ass PK like Norwood would make a 47-yarder on grass.

On the other hand we (Patriots fans) have had it good for a long time.

If you based off what many of the people post here, it's been 6-10 season in and out...

Are things dire in Buffalo because they failed to buy stocks in plastic tables? :D

For such a piss poor team they have just about the same amount of cap space as the NEP...

Last year Sean McDermott was a new darling of the NFL, a NFL genius in the making, how the tide turns by his own admission the Buffalo Bills, "are failing themselves"..

Wasn't that long ago that Eric Mangini, Joe Philbin, Todd Haley, Mike McCoy, Marc Trestman, and about a hundred other guys were hotshot franchise saviors, shortly before they were written off as bums who couldn't get it done as head coaches. For every guy in McDermott's position who works out, there are about 10 more whose names we forget about within a few years. I expect McDermott will be one of them.

I've seen him play enough. He keeps the ball safe and he usually gives his team a chance a win. Given what's been around him, that's praiseworthy. And the team ditched its receivers and has no tight end, and that's a big part of why they've had a "pop gun offense".

He's certainly not great, but he's not as bad as you try making him out to be. He's an unimpressive game manager, but that doesn't make him "horrific". And, again, the coach you're championing almost cost his team the playoffs with the idiotic decision to bench Taylor for Peterman.

You don't watch him enough if you wrote all that.

He kills his team and his WRs. He is incredibly late on throws. You can manage a game and avoid risks without throwing to your WR a second after he's already open. He does this repeatedly like almost no other QB in the entire league. Peterman is infinitely better than him at anticipating where his WRs are going to be, but he has no arm. I've never seen a starting QB throw the ball so late in the NFL. He is stuck in the college game.

You don't watch him enough if you wrote all that.

He kills his team and his WRs. He is incredibly late on throws. You can manage a game and avoid risks without throwing to your WR a second after he's already open. He does this repeatedly like almost no other QB in the entire league. Peterman is infinitely better than him at anticipating where his WRs are going to be, but he has no arm. I've never seen a starting QB throw the ball so late in the NFL. He is stuck in the college game.

In his defense, his college team (VPI) sacrifices the development of its offensive players for short term gain. Traditionally, they develop defensive players OK, but the offensive players are used for their athletic ability, and taught very little that will advance them as football players in general. So he lost very important early developmental opportunities that most other QB's get.

Bills defense looked pretty promising last year. I don’t love Tyrod, but I think he’s very underrated. He’s a solid competent QB. I’d rather have him than Blake. The Monday nighter in Buffalo may be the end of their season already.
where's Uncle Meat?...probably in a package of hot dogs by now...heh

Gotta feel for Josh Allen. He doesn’t stand a chance there

To be fair, he doesn't stand a chance anywhere at the pro level. I don't know that he'd succeed in the CFL.

Question: Would you rather be a college QB drafted by the Bills or a college WR drafted by the Patriots?

They need a couple top picks to get better..next couple years they need to tank

Tyrod while not great, was a very decent QB. The Bills made the post season in 2017. Taylor only threw 4 INTS all season and had a 62% completion rate. The Browns will win some games with him just watch.

Allen had **** for a supporting cast at Wyoming and now he is in the same boat in Buffalo.This year he will win some games that he shouldnt have and lose some games that he should have won. Allen needs big time development at the NFL level.

Im ambivalent on him starting this year. On one hand he should sit out and learn the ropes this year. You can ruin a QB throwing him to the wolves too soon destroying his confidence. On the other hand, Allen needs the experience yesterday. At Wyoming Allen averaged 8 carries a game rushing over his career. 10 carries per game in 2016 with 7 rushing TDs.Josh Allen College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Pro style Wyoming offense my ***.

He needs to stay in the pocket and throw it away taking his lumps. If Allen cannot break the habit of wanting to run then all bets are off.

It appears the Tyrod Taylor trade was a lose-lose-lose for the Browns, Bills, and Taylor. The Buffalo offense was a pretty good fit for him as they focused a lot on running the ball and didn’t have a traditional drop back pocket passing scheme. While many were skeptical that Taylor would succeed as a primarily pocket passer, the Bills had something working with him. I don’t know why you go away from what works, even if it’s untraditional, and get rid of him because he isn’t a “classic mold” quarterback. We saw how putrid Peterman was last year in that role. As for the Browns, I understand the value of a bridge quarterback, but Taylor is an awful fit...could have got any one of a variety of veteran backups who were cheaper and more refined passers.

It appears the Tyrod Taylor trade was a lose-lose-lose for the Browns, Bills, and Taylor. The Buffalo offense was a pretty good fit for him as they focused a lot on running the ball and didn’t have a traditional drop back pocket passing scheme. While many were skeptical that Taylor would succeed as a primarily pocket passer, the Bills had something working with him. I don’t know why you go away from what works, even if it’s untraditional, and get rid of him because he isn’t a “classic mold” quarterback. We saw how putrid Peterman was last year in that role. As for the Browns, I understand the value of a bridge quarterback, but Taylor is an awful fit...could have got any one of a variety of veteran backups who were cheaper and more refined passers.

It's because Taylor was a very bad QB, and that he held the offense back with his late throws. This kid Allen will be so much better than him, as I've been saying.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back