PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Mac was reaching out to other coaches about his frustrations with the offense

Running hot is better than not giving a crap. Much easier to coach (there's that word again) someone to reign it in than having to force someone to have the fire necessary to be successful. Dan Marino vs Jay Cutler were both physically gifted, one was successful on the field and respected by his teammates, one was not. You could make the argument that Marino's success was capped because he never got control of his emotions.
Well, and he never had a ground game. Mac being unable to consistently get control of his emotions is one of the biggest areas I worry about him. There were plays where something went wrong (bad call, no call, etc) where he would vent to the ref, the next play would happen, he’d miss a read or fail to shift the protection, and he’d turn around and still complain to the ref… still visibly upset. Can’t have that in your QB and your leader.

Now we agree. Mac has to stop having temper tantrums on the field. He was much better at that after the Raiders game. If he returns to acting out in 2023 it will be a huge disappointment.
The Pats locker room is divided.

When a leader like Dmac wants Mac gone that's huge. Speaks volumes.

Someone who's retiring saying something in jest just goes right over your head, doesn't it?

Just keep banging that square peg until it fits that round hole.

Lol, you anti Mac guys are amusing how you'll spin anything into an anti Mac statement. I give you credit, this is one of your better twist jobs.

Lol, you anti Mac guys are amusing how you'll spin anything into an anti Mac statement. I give you credit, this is one of your better twist
You folks will do anything to defend the Bambino

His fans can relate.
It's a small minority on this board. There's no way most fans that live in Boston like that guy. We go from the toughness of Bledsoe to Brady to this guy.

Remember when Mcdaniels was the problem?

Now the Mickey Mac club wants him back.

Well, and he never had a ground game. Mac being unable to consistently get control of his emotions is one of the biggest areas I worry about him. There were plays where something went wrong (bad call, no call, etc) where he would vent to the ref, the next play would happen, he’d miss a read or fail to shift the protection, and he’d turn around and still complain to the ref… still visibly upset. Can’t have that in your QB and your leader.
No argument from me on that. My point is that kind of internal flaw is easier to correct than someone who just floats through the process. Demarcus Jackson, Ryan Leaf, Jay Cutler were QB's with great arm talent that never cared or were influenced enough by coaching to lead a team. It is encouraging that Mac stopped acting that way the last couple of games. He is listening to someone because things didn't magically get better with the offense.

He didn’t say he wanted him gone…I think what he said was all about Brady not Mac. He and everyone else knows Brady is the GOAT and Mac is not.
Mcourty WILL play in 2023 if Brady is back and Mcourty WONT be back if Bambino Jones is QB.

Mcourty is not a fraud and the NE players respect him.

You desperately want to manufacture this bogus narrative. I give you credit. You keep on doubling down on this BS no matter how ridiculous it makes you look.

McCourty never said he wants Jones gone. He made a comment that if Brady went back to the Patriots he would come back for one last Super Bowl run.

Mcourty WILL play in 2023 if Brady is back and Mcourty WONT be back if Bambino Jones is QB.

And the guys there now have Mac's back. Last year he took a lot of good hits and bounced back up. He was asked in an interview about getting creamed so much and he said he loves it, gets his blood flowing. Let's not compare him to Eason like I've read here, he's not but he isn't TB or Drew either.

McCourty is auditioning for studio analyst jobs. He just made a hot take to make it go viral. It was a nothing comment. It certainly wasn’t a swipe at Mac Jones.

Where is a wild question. Will you entertain brining Daniel Jones here? Is he redeemable or Mac has a better upside?

Where is a wild question. Will you entertain brining Daniel Jones here? Is he redeemable or Mac has a better upside?
I would take Mac Jones over Daniel Jones and a second contract.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back