PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Mac was reaching out to other coaches about his frustrations with the offense

People on both sides are making stuff up. Some people say Mac was ruined permanently because of the windy Buffalo game. Some others say that he matured after the Raiders game this past season.

No one knows for sure.

People on both sides are making stuff up. Some people say Mac was ruined permanently because of the windy Buffalo game. Some others say that he matured after the Raiders game this past season.

No one knows for sure.
No one knows for sure, that is the most accurate comment for sure. We will have to wait and see. Personally, I am optimistic about Mac and look forward to watching him grow and develop into the QB we all want for the Patriots.

It is never as bad as it looks. We saw Mac grow up from the first half of the year to the after the Raiders' game. It never feels good going through challenges but sometimes it builds character not attainable any other way.

I thought that offense was every bit as bad as it looked. It did improve over the second half, but it still wasn’t good enough to get them into the playoffs.

No one knows for sure.

90%+ of what is posted on Internet message boards is not known for sure.

I thought that offense was every bit as bad as it looked. It did improve over the second half, but it still wasn’t good enough to get them into the playoffs.

Agreed. But as I said, sometimes it looks bad, but what is learned in difficult situations can only be learned that way. Growing up is tough. After the Raiders' game, Mac's temper tantrums stopped and he started to move and set his feet properly like I expected him to do at the beginning of the season. So maybe there was something learned there that will be valuable. Hopefully Mac continues to refine his craft, gets physically stronger, and carries over his improved maturity to start 2023.

No one knows for sure, that is the most accurate comment for sure. We will have to wait and see. Personally, I am optimistic about Mac and look forward to watching him grow and develop into the QB we all want for the Patriots.
Most people here want Mac to turn it around but some of those people are letting it change the reality of the situation. Mac very well could grow from the chaos of this season, but no one can say we've seen that growth, that's just ludicrous.

Most people here want Mac to turn it around but some of those people are letting it change the reality of the situation. Mac very well could grow from the chaos of this season, but no one can say we've seen that growth, that's just ludicrous.

If you watch his eyes, footwork, pocket movement, and release, he definitely improved after the Raiders' game. No ludicrous at all. What were you looking at to see no improvement?

Finally when we get a real OC everyone will realize and accept that Mac Jones is not good and we can get on with finding a real quarterback.

I can't believe people watch NFL quarterbacking in this era and think you're going to win anything with Mac in the AFC against the likes of Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Lamar.

Finally when we get a real OC everyone will realize and accept that Mac Jones is not good and we can get on with finding a real quarterback.

I can't believe people watch NFL quarterbacking in this era and think you're going to win anything with Mac in the AFC against the likes of Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Lamar.
The Mac apologists see your insult and will raise you a new thread with a random and strategically selected sample size showing that Mac has improved in some obscure stat proving that there is reason for the unbridled optimism they share.

The Mac apologists see your insult and will raise you a new thread with a random and strategically selected sample size showing that Mac has improved in some obscure stat proving that there is reason for the unbridled optimism they share.

The Mac haters are the same posters moving from one issue or player to the next hating all the time. Felger and Mazz lovers, regulars on the whiner line. Posters that feel better complaining and batching, regretting every Pats move. Always convinced the best players and coaches are on every other team. It is the same posters talking in generalizations with little detail or insight. You rarely see these posters adding constructive thoughts in the Content threads to no-one's surprise (except for the Captain).

Just like Danny Jones and Daboll.

Danny Boys turnovers are way down and he won a playoff game! Real coaching.

The Mac haters are the same posters moving from one issue or player to the next hating all the time. Felger and Mazz lovers, regulars on the whiner line. Posters that feel better complaining and batching, regretting every Pats move. Always convinced the best players and coaches are on every other team. It is the same posters talking in generalizations with little detail or insight. You rarely see these posters adding constructive thoughts in the Content threads to no-one's surprise (except for the Captain).
Dmac just stated on national TV that he would come back in 2023 if Brady is the NE QB.

Whoops. How do you plan to spin this one as pro Mac BS?

Dmac just stated on national TV that he would come back in 2023 if Brady is the NE QB.

You mean DMac does not think Mac is as good as Brady? Wow! Incredible insight by Triumph. Some things never change. Mac is not as good as Mahomes? Really? Amazing. Great content as always.

Considering he was joking, I wouldn't read too much into it. He basically said he's retiring.

Na pass on him too, rolling with Mac.
Just further proof just how bad BB screwed up this offense.. it is funny if a player wasn't playing well or to his potential he'd have no problem benching him or flat out releasing him... guess coaches are untouchable..

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back