PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Dion Lewis to undergo 2nd surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm a glass half full kind of a guy so I'll spin it like this: Lewis has a history of being injury so here's 8 to 10 games he cant get injured in leaving us with a fresh and health number 1 running back to finish out the season and playoffs with. Same kind of thing with Brady. All we need to happen is for Garopallo and our other running backs hold serve. Actually kind of nice to have the top QB and running back fresh farther into the season...

Too bad for Dion, I was looking forward to seeing him this season. He needs to get things fixed correctly. We will get through it.

Hurts the running game but there isn't a big dropoff in the passing game from Lewis to White. Lewis was on a pace of 900 yards receiving last year before he got hurt. White was on a pace of 800 yards after he he took over Lewis receiving back role

Also, isn't Lewis a better blocker than White?

sounds like he has some particles in there.....causing some swelling....

Not drafting one was a major blunder.

BB is the GoAT but not infallible.

I think he really screwed up.
Especially with all the impending FA's next year.

The team might not be more well built in the future than it is right now.

Was Vincent ****ing Valentine really more important than actually having a ground game?

Per Rotoworld and Schefter:

Dion Lewis - RB - Patriots
Dion Lewis' second knee procedure will be a "clean-up" surgery.

It's an important distinction and it leaves the door open for a return later this season. It's still likely Lewis will open 2016 on the reserve/PUP list, which would cost him at least the first six games. Receiving back James White will get a lot more usage with Lewis sidelined.

Maybe the Pats could trade for an expendable RB using our expendable TEs, and CBs.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyed 3m3 minutes ago
Lewis surgery news makes LeGarrette Blount a lock, James White a near-lock

What's Kyed smoking? White a near-lock now? He was a lock even if Lewis was ready Week 1. You don't cut a young RB on a rookie contract that has showed he is good in the passing game especially when there are injury concerns about the guy that is ahead of him on the depth chart.

And what RB has showed anything in the passing game in camp to even make White a question? Donald Brown and Foster haven't practiced since like day 3 of camp.

Then again i'm a White fan. Say what you will about him in the running game but the kid can play in this passing offense and he's shown it again in both games this preseason.

Last edited:
It makes me mad that there were so many running backs available. All we had to do was just sign one for cheap, or draft one in the later rounds.

We couldn't even get one God damn RB.

Matt Forte and Arian Foster are looking a lot more attractive in hindsight now

Not drafting one was a major blunder.

BB is the GoAT but not infallible.

I think he really screwed up.

Yea i really wanted to see them draft Kenneth Dixon, a big bruising downhill runner similar to Blount, but I would have been happy with them drafting anyone

Hurts the running game but there isn't a big dropoff in the passing game from Lewis to White. Lewis was on a pace of 900 yards receiving last year before he got hurt. White was on a pace of 800 yards after he he took over Lewis receiving back role

Hurts our game period.
This statistic doesn't mean much. When Lewis was on the field no one knew what will hit them. With White its much more limited, predictale, easier for Ds. With Lewis on the field Edelman, Gronk, Hogan and Bennet would be just unstoppable. With White or Blount its gonna be much easier to defend. Lewis is unique in a sense that his incredible versatility makes everyone around him better. And he blocks better than White as well.

I would make a trade with KC
I would love to go after charles but would be happy with kniles davis

Kniles Davis is more of a Blount/Gaffney type runner than a 3rd down back.

I think this assures Blount, White AND Gaffney makes the team.

james white is good enough, i liked what i saw from his last year.

he can be as good as vereen

Was Vincent ****ing Valentine really more important than actually having a ground game?

Valentine looks like a potential stud and defensive tackle isn't exactly a deep position, so yes.

Yea i really wanted to see them draft Kenneth Dixon, a big bruising downhill runner similar to Blount, but I would have been happy with them drafting anyone

Dixon's fourth in the pecking order in Baltimore, behind Forsett, West, and Allen.

This thread is full of customary overreaction. Blount is fine, White is fine, Lewis could be back by the midway point of the year.

Actually Vincent ****ing Valentine has been playing very well in camp, and a DT like him if he continues developing, is far more valuable than the type of RB you are likely to get at that point in the draft.

Good RBs can be found as late picks and UDFAs, DTs not so much.

Considering how well this year's draftees have been doing, it is hard to find fault with the draft. Almost every pick looks to have a shot at the roster.

As for Booker, the Pats took a long look at him, and he still lasted into the 4th round and is already 24 years old with an injury history.

A much bigger issue was not getting a young OT, and you can put the blame for that at the doorstep of Roger Goodell and his merry band of marauding NFL* owners.

I think BB should have a man to man with Karlos Williams if he makes it to waivers for us.
Guessing Baltimore or Indy will claim him.
Why do want a RB who is 40 lbs overweight and is coming off a PED suspension?

Dion offers us the unpredictable big play potential swiss army knife from the backfield that is hard to account for in conjunction with Gronk and Jules.

Remember those drops at Denver down the stretch of the AFCC? Lewis probably makes those catches.

Gronk Jules and Lewis are the 3 most important skill position players.

Given how we dont have anyone else like him on the roster relative to depth, it can be argued that Lewis is our most irreplacable player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes