Special Teams: B
Coaching: C+
tough grades...

coaching was better than a C+
LB worse than A-
QB- Mac was better than Tom...woudl have given Mac an A

all other grades, can't argue with

sb1: incomplete

Failed to submit homework as well as back up work on his grading system. Also, failed to bribe or brown nose grading supervisor. All in all a disappointment as a fair weather fan.

tough grades...

LB worse than A-

I was thinking A- at first then went B+. Mac was not perfect for sure- the INT of course and there were a few throws I thought that were there where he passed up on them, but I think Mac in a few years will be confident enough to make them. Still has a bit of work to do I think to adjust when he's not getting the protection. I hope he doesn't get hit like that again. Also saw the Pats had to use their bag of tricks a couple of times. They worked but that's what Josh does when his conventional offense isn't getting it done.

But really this kid went toe to toe with the GOAT under the national spotlight and he didn't wilt. That's my QB. :)

I knocked down the coaching grade for the decision to kick the FG at the end and also near the end of the first half electing to take the penalty and punt instead of going for it.

Secondary was A in my opinion they bent but didn't break great coverage in the red zone

tough grades...

LB worse than A-

Jones needed to downgraded a bit for the INT. It wasn't a costly INT since the Bucs didn't score and it ultimately it was effectively a short punt since it was third down and a deeper pass. So I would give Mac an A-.

Jones needed to downgraded a bit for the INT. It wasn't a costly INT since the Bucs didn't score and it ultimately it was effectively a short punt since it was third down and a deeper pass. So I would give Mac an A-.

The ball hit Meyers' hands and went right to the defender...can't blame Mac on that one. However, he did throw a couple of balls that COULD have been intercepted.

The ball hit Meyers' hands and went right to the defender...can't blame Mac on that one. However, he did throw a couple of balls that COULD have been intercepted.
Meyers was in tight coverage. It was an ill advised throw.

It was Agholor, and it looks like it was tipped. Still a pretty good throw with a defender bearing down on him though. He got drilled!

Is your LB grade influenced by the loose interpretation that Judon is a LB?

Note: Hightower and Van Noy combined 3 tackles
Yes it was. Good point. I'll go B then.

The ball was tipped by a Tampa defender first, Ross ****rell.

"The decision near the end of the first half electing to take the penalty and punt instead of going for it."

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

This is where the game was lost. Not the FG. This and the fumble deep in Bucs territory.

QB: B+
RB: F
OL: D
WR: B+
TE: B

DL: B
LB: A-
Secondary: B

Special Teams: B
Coaching: C+
I can't agree with your D-Line grade. We gave up 119 rush yards against one of the worst ranked rushing offenses. We had 1 sack, 3 TFL and 3 qb hits. Just for comparison they had 4 sacks, 0 rush yards, 6 qb hits and 12 tackle for loss. I would give the D-Line a C at best and LB a B.

Holding Tom Brady and the defending SB champs to 17 gets you a higher coaching grade than C+ IMO. I thought the defensive game plan was excellent. We might be splitting hairs, but I would give them a B or a B-. They opened up the playbook a bit offensively, The Kid looked ready. OL sucks and we can debate the FG decision, but they looked prepared to play against the GOAT and the defending champs.

OL: F-. Every play there is someone in Mac’s face and getting hit.

OL: F-. Every play there is someone in Mac’s face and getting hit.
The most shocking thing about our O-Line is our lack of running game imo. It was our strength last year and with the same O-Line and real Tight ends we do not get much movement in the ground game.

The Int was on Agholar. The ball hit his hands and he tipped it into the safety's hands.

However in the RedZone on the drive where they took the lead 17-16, Mac throw 2 terrible passes under pressure and what should have been a pick 6 to end the game.

He also got bailed out by a bad PI call on that drive. The Bucs safety was going for the ball and Henry ram into him not even looking back.

So A- is a good rating

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back