PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Brady tried to push Belichick out for Bill O'Brien

The other Florida team. Brady the GM got Shaq Mason. *sarcasm*
Appreciate you framing your post as sarcastic but I don't think you are wrong.

I firmly believe TB12 pushed & signed off on this deal.

Can we cancel these fake journalists?

LOL, Brady would have 1-2 rings without Belichick
Brady wouldn't have made a team without Bill, so kind of just stating facts. He was drafted in the 6th round, no one wanted him. The Patriots took a flier with him then kept him with 3 other qb's. No other team is going to do that, so the only reason Tom Brady could ever become the GOAT was because Bill saw something in him and gave him a chance to become what he became.

Kinda like how someone changes their username and pouts when a player leaves the team

Nah, I changed my name so I don't want to be confused with being a Bradyite...

After the 2017 season there were rumors that Josh and Tom's professional relationship took on a less collaborative/more business-like demeanor.

But there was also talk about Brady asking Kraft to get MacDaniels back when he went to Indy, and that was 2018.

Yes, we all know the Bucs went on a lucky run in 2020 vs Taylor Heinecke and Drew Brees with 12 broken ribs and a collapsed lung. Good for Tommy. And did I forget to mention the Bucs played the Eagles in 2021? For some reason Tommy can't beat the Rams as a Buc, but won 2 super bowls with Belichick against that same team....hmm
It may have been the same franchise, but it takes a special sort of moron to consider them the "same team".

Belichick without Brady: 9 seasons, 1 playoff victory
Brady without Belichick: 2 seasons, 5 playoff victories (one of which was a Super Bowl)

Those are the facts and they are not in dispute.

Brady without Belichick: 2 seasons, 5 playoff victories (one of which was a Super Bowl)

Brady without Belichick ... 6th or 7th round, possibly an undrafted free agent who never gets a shot.

Is Belichick a "diva" for trying to push out Brady for Jimmy G or does it only work one way?
when you are the one responsible for the roster? The question answers itself. :rolleyes:

It may have been the same franchise, but it takes a special sort of moron to consider them the "same team".

And it takes a fool to not recognize that Tommy has trouble against good defenses without excellent coaching...in Brady's 2020 run to the SB, he didn't face a single top defense. As soon as he plays the Saints and Rams (teams with excellent defensive lines and which Belichick often wins against), Brady struggles more than he has against any team in his career except the NYG. So forgive me for seeing past your stats

Brady without Belichick ... 6th or 7th round, possibly an undrafted free agent who never gets a shot.
Maybe but you can also say Belichick without Brady is possibly fired. Everything fell into place luckily

Maybe but you can also say Belichick without Brady is possibly fired. Everything fell into place luckily

Luck had nothing to do with it.

The fact was Belichick knew he couldn't win with Bledsoe. Was actively looking for a replacement for him. He saw something in Brady and kept him as a 4th qb. 4th qb. Let that sink in.

Luck had nothing to do with it.

The fact was Belichick knew he couldn't win with Bledsoe. Was actively looking for a replacement for him. He saw something in Brady and kept him as a 4th qb. 4th qb. Let that sink in.
Yes we all know the story, but the player also had to accept the coaching and vice versa. Perfect marriage which lasted two decades. I don't see the point of giving less credit to one side or the other.

Neither would be the GOAT without each other

Yes we all know the story, but the player also had to accept the coaching and vice versa. Perfect marriage which lasted two decades. I don't see the point of giving less credit to one side or the other.

Neither would be the GOAT without each other

While that is what happened, its not the point of the post.

Appreciate you framing your post as sarcastic but I don't think you are wrong.

I firmly believe TB12 pushed & signed off on this deal.
Why wouldn't he push for Mason? He knows exactly how good he is as a player.

But there was also talk about Brady asking Kraft to get MacDaniels back when he went to Indy, and that was 2018.

Yep ...which is why I don't think any of us can take this hearsay seriously. Who knows what to believe.

Here is what that turd Gary Meyers wrote...which Tom (predictively) denied.

And it takes a fool to not recognize that Tommy has trouble against good defenses without excellent coaching...
He has played 2 years and won a Super Bowl in 1 of them. Anyone who calls that "having trouble" doesn't know football.

Meanwhile, without Brady, Belichick has trouble against.... well, without Brady, he is 8 games under .500 so it looks like he has trouble against pretty much everyone, doesn't he?
in Brady's 2020 run to the SB, he didn't face a single top defense.
Could you possibly be any more clueless? During the 2020 playoff run to the SB, Brady played (and beat) the #2 defense, the #4 defense, the #9 defense and the #16 defense.

That's 3 top-10 defenses (and 2 top-5 defenses) he faced and beat. On what planet are #2 and #4 not considered "top defenses"..??
As soon as he plays the Saints and Rams (teams with excellent defensive lines and which Belichick often wins against), Brady struggles more than he has against any team in his career except the NYG.
LOL!! That's hilarious how you say he "struggles against the Saints." You are obviously completely clueless to the fact that TB played and beat the Saints in the 2020 playoffs.

Meanwhile, without Brady, Belichick struggles against..... well, he is 8 games under .500 so it looks like he struggles against pretty much everyone, doesn't he?
So forgive me for seeing past your stats
Sorry not sorry, but I cannot forgive obscene ignorance such as saying #2 and #4 are not "top defenses".

LOL, Brady would have 1-2 rings without Belichick
That's a really dumb comment. Brady already has 1 ring without Belichick and with a complete goof for a head coach. Make up more sh!t.

As for the "report", I think it's probably Brady would have wanted O'Brien as the HC had Belichick quit, which to my understanding Belichick never considered doing. There's also no way the Krafts were ever firing Belichick at any point after the 2001 season, which Brady certainly would be aware of, so I don't believe at any point in time he really entertained the notion of O'Brien actually replacing Belichick.

Hypothetically however, if O'Brien had replaced Belichick after the 2017 season, then I think Brady would still be here and I think the Patriots would have won another Super Bowl with Brady/O'Brien over the last 4 seasons.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back