PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins and Cardinals discussing Rosen trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing surprising about that. The Redskins have a serious need and the Cardinals can get a special player with the top pick. If Alex Smith ever comes back, they'd be in a great spot with Rosen as a bridge to complete recovery from his broken leg.

Rosen is a good option for the Patriots to pursue if they can spare what the Cardinals want.

There's nothing surprising about that. The Redskins have a serious need and the Cardinals can get a special player with the top pick. If Alex Smith ever comes back, they'd be in a great spot with Rosen as a bridge to complete recovery from his broken leg.

Rosen is a good option for the Patriots to pursue if they can spare what the Cardinals want.
Guessing Redskins go further maybe even their 1st rounder.

There’s always the Sam Bradford, one-year, $28M option. It will cost at least two firsts, but the price is the price.

Guessing Redskins go further maybe even their 1st rounder.

Wow. I'm not disagreeing, but look at last year's stats.

Anything more than a first rounder (around the Patriots spot) is an overpay IMO.

Wow. I'm not disagreeing, but look at last year's stats.

Anything more than a first rounder (around the Patriots spot) is an overpay IMO.

It’s hard to judge. I mean they lost their entire starting offensive line to injury last season. Gonna be another wait and see for the kid.

Would love NE to give up the 32 for him but my guess is Was goes higher.
This could play out for us to grab Lock or Jones In the first.

What makes you think Rosen is a good option for us?

This would be a smart move for Washington, but it won’t come cheap.

Rosen has been described as aloof and there were questions about his leadership and how his teammates felt about him. Doesn’t exactly sound like a Belichick guy.

I don’t care what kind of arm talent he has, he has Jay Cutler written all over him. He’d be perfect for Miami...

Would love NE to give up the 32 for him but my guess is Was goes higher.
This could play out for us to grab Lock or Jones In the first.
If Brady is leaving after 2019 then I agree. If an extension is coming then I would use a later pick on a QB as shot and hope to get lucky.

The #1 is important to improve the team right now, most likely replacing Flowers. Drafting Brady's replacement is cool until the drafee is on the sidelines for several years. If they do that they had better LOVE the draftee.

I think you need to pay Flowers.
You can't say everyone but you have to pay someone.
Dline doesn't grow on trees.

I think you need to pay Flowers.
You can't say everyone but you have to pay someone.
Dline doesn't grow on trees.
I love Flowers but if it's $16M a year of real cap hit (not fake cuttable money at the end) I would regrettably move on I know the cap always goes up lessening the % of cap but that's a ton of cap space.

I love Flowers but if it's $16M a year of real cap hit (not fake cuttable money at the end) I would regrettably move on I know the cap always goes up lessening the % of cap but that's a ton of cap space.
It's terrifying to think what our d line could like that.
Unless we tag and trade for picks makes no sense.

We have around 50 million of cap tied up in Brady, McCourty and Gilmore. And all are expected to play at near pro bowl level in 2019.

Is flowers expected to be a near pro bowl level player in 2019 and worth more than any of three Mentioned above?

We have around 50 million of cap tied up in Brady, McCourty and Gilmore. And all are expected to play at near pro bowl level in 2019.

Is flowers expected to be a near pro bowl level player in 2019 and worth more than any of three Mentioned above?
Add Flowers to that and we would have 1/3 or so of the cap on four players.

I can see the logic in giving it to him but I wouldn't.

Cardinals bailing on a guy after a year to draft a midget who weighs 200lbs number 1 overall is classic Cardinals.

I don't care what he did at Oklahoma, drafting a QB under 6ft at no 1 overall is madness.

All people can point to is Russell Wilson what about the other 100s of QBs under 6ft who were trash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back