PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reddit: Every team's worst QB of all time

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

This poll was from a few years ago. Cam Newton in 2020 was worse than Tommy Hodson.

it still surprises me that Paxton Lynch didn't at least become a serviceable/average QB in the league. Dude had a big time arm coming out of Memphis.

it still surprises me that Paxton Lynch didn't at least become a serviceable/average QB in the league. Dude had a big time arm coming out of Memphis.
think a lot of that has to do with lack of prep work by the player - the game isnt just throwing the ball... think a lot of these young guys skip they mental work aspect of development... afterall, why not, they probably didn't have to do a whole lot of it at the college level where natural talent can overcome a lot of deficits in a guys game... And a solid #2 would be poor coaching... the coaches just don't do enough in terms of developing skills & knowledge ... combine that with the first one, and its a career killer...
------------------------

as for the op...
worst patriot quarterback ever? minimum 8 starts?

jeeze...
  • Tommy Hodson & Mike Taliaferro as 1a & 1b

F2uOWha.jpg

I read he was just cut…by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Ouch.

How is JaMarcus Russel not the QB of choice for the Raiders? He was the biggest contributing factor to the rookie wage scale

Christian Ponder for the Vikings? NFW I'd submit there's more to a 'worst of all time' than just stats. How about being the reason your team can't win?
Kirk Cousins today signed a one year extension. He is now under contract through 2023. 2 years with an $80M dead cap hit...for Kirk Cousins...Kirk F'n Cousins. When that extension runs out Minnesota will have paid him $154M over the course of 5 years. Don't get me wrong, I never begrudge any player what they get paid, good for him. But from an organizational standpoint his contracts single-handedly strapped the team to the point where they can't get the additional pieces to get them past being @ a .500 team. From a business standpoint investing in Kirk Cousins may well be the worst decision MN has ever made period

I don't remember Vinny T being that bad for the Bucs. He wasn't good though.

Maybe that ranking was because he was a #1 overall pick and expectations were a little higher.

I don't remember Vinny T being that bad for the Bucs. He wasn't good though.

Maybe that ranking was because he was a #1 overall pick and expectations were a little higher.

The Bucs can run out a list of QBs that were terrible in their organization (while having varying degrees of success elsewhere): Vinnie Testaverde, Steve DeBerg, Steve Young...

If you're going with the worst QB? It's probably Steve Spurrier. But hell, if you're going for biggest waste of a #1 draft pick (considering the talent you had at the time)? Jameis Winston is as good of an argument as Testaverde.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back