PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox sucking??? Globe releases hit piece on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Globe did a hit piece on Brady because Best Buddies donated a few millions dollars to his charitable trust

Last edited:
Piece apparently written by the same guy that helped the Sox slur Tito on the way out

Remember, if no one ever started a thread about something dumb that Rob Parker, Chris Simms or Max Kellerman said about the Patriots, stories like this would never happen.
:rolleyes:

Oooooh ****

Sure, it's totally legal. And overall Brady's involvement is unquestionably a huge win for Best Buddies.

But...

Why is a charity for disabled kids providing (according to the article) 98% of the funding of a charity that is (allegedly) very Tom Brady cause specific? Brady's got plenty of money. He should fund it himself or at a minimum run it as a truly independent charity, not one that gets the vast majority of its funding from another charity that has near zero common interests.

If I were a Best Buddies donor I'd be annoyed by this. I'd be donating to help disabled kids, not to (in effect) make a partial contribution to a Brady personal charity.

I'd be curious what the percentages are for the top 50 charities in what they reroute to other charities and see how the money redirected to Brady's personal charity compares. Maybe this is SOP in the charity world. Maybe not. Tough to pass judgment without having a larger context.

Regards,
Chris

If you want to see what his charity does with your own eyes, here is a link to the "
CHANGE THE WORLD FOUNDATION TRUST"
IRS form 990 all non profits must file with the IRS (except religious organisations unfortunately) http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2015/256/885/2015-256885307-0d548be2-F.pdf

The 990 shows money going to certain charities that do good. Nothing of note other than $100K going to the TB12 Foundation. In their IRS 990 form, nothing of note. $148k in compensation to the treasurer "Jeffrey Surette" is the only salary shown. http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2015/473/420/2015-473420747-0d5006a9-9.pdf

Very often athletes charitable foundations are basically just ways to funnel $ tax free to family. When your read their 990 forms you see their relatives pulling in salaries and fees

Get to know how to find and read IRS 990 forms. Push for religious organisations to have to file them. This sort of reporting is required in the rest of the English speaking world of churches.

My guess is Brady works exclusively with BestBuddies vs splitting efforts and in return they donate back $500k a year with which he can do more specific donations such as the the Vince Wilfork children's Diabetes fund or so. The 2013 and 2014 990 show donations there.

Last edited:
My guess is Brady works exclusively with BestBuddies vs splitting efforts and in return they donate back $500k a year with which he can do more specific donations such as the the Vince Wilfork children's Diabetes fund or so. The 2013 and 2014 990 show donations there.

Here is Manning's 990 form. http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2015/341/882/2015-341882628-0d66d2c6-9.pdf

You will see Manning raises $ for it and gives out a bunch of small local donations. Many in Colorado which makes sense as this was 2015. Now what the media will lose is that it seems, Manning is raising money for his foundation directly which funds his pet charities while Brady raises his money for best Buddies who send a portion back to his charity which he uses just like Manning uses his. What this says to me is it is likely that Brady is raising far more money for charity than Manning (2015 figures for both). I will look for one that is bad now.

Wow. What a bunch of bastards at the globe. Surprised they didn't get spotlight team involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes