PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rebuilding this Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can kinda see Solder on a 1 year deal too, for some reasons, including possibly as a favor to BB similar to Bruschi in 2008, transitioning it over to Mayo.

If Garcia is not ready or will never be ready, there is a pretty big unknown there for sure.
I’m not sure if it was Reiss or Curran, but I think one of them stated that both sides were open to another possible 1-2 year extension, so you could be onto something.

A 1 year deal, while not great for cap purposes, does give both sides another year to evaluate their respective situations, with the Pats benefiting from the transition period and stability that you discussed, and the Solder family getting to stay in the area.

Everyone is always aging.

The offensive line is young. 29, 24, 25, 25, 29.

Cooks is very young. The RBs are young. Mitchell is young. Injured but young. Gronk is actually pretty young still, though it feels like he is older.

QB is very old obviously. And a couple of WRs are getting up there but that's fine. They're still really good.

Defense is very young except at S. In fact the Pats had one of the youngest rosters in the league this year.

Lots and lots of upside on this team still.

Have to disagree, QB is 40 years young :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore