PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

reading between the lines....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was starting to think that if Quinn dropped to 24 we would have drafted him.

Knowing BB attitudes and preferences, I was surprised that he didn't drop all previous plans and grab Alan Branch. Vince Wilfork II...

That may be true, but then, according to reports, the Iggles would have grabbed Meriwether before the Pats would be able to get him at 28.

So it's not quite as simple--but, of course, you're still free to hate on the Cowboys. :p

Please don't interupt my fantasies with reality. It will make my head hurt.

BTW - I will always hate the Cowboys. I can remember thinking as a kid in the 60's, what give them the right to be called "America's Team" and I have hated them ever since. :D

... just a few post draft thoughts now that I have had a chance to absorb the events of this week end.

1. The fact that we drafted 2 OTs in the 2nd day tells me that the Pats are concerned about the health issues that dogged OCallahan last season, and could be effecting him this off season. It also tells me that rumblings about the Pats not being happy with the development of Nick Kazur could be true. That is the ONLY possibe reason for picking 2 more OTs to a group that already seems to be deep, young, signed, and talented.
Sean Bubin retired, he was the Practice Squad OT last season, now there are two OTs coming to camp to battle for that Practice Squad slot. Both are also considered as good prospects to move inside to OG.

2. I will be very surprised in the Pats have more than 3 players on their roster from the college portion of this draft, when they open the season in Septemeber of 2009
Just the 53 or does the Practice Squad count?

4. Based on this draft you can be sure that the Pats WILL sign some Vet ILB before training camp. Seau, Hartwell, Wilson, and the guy SD just cut look like the obvious choices. I'm not sure who it would be, but at least one of them will be wearing the flying Elvis by July.
Seau or Gardner once their rehab is done.

BTW- I really liked the 2 guys the Jets picked up and if you concider they used one pick to get Thomas, they got 3 sure starters out of this draft (Jones, Revis, Harris). Not bad. I guess the blueprint works.
They've brought some good UDFA's in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes