PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Funny to see you edit those statistics as well as they edited the footage for The Dynasty.

How about including the entire secondary in your analysis of "best tackler"? You know that if you did, it would show that both Chung & McCourty had more tackles in the regular season & the playoffs.
They are safety’s. Of course a safety should have more tackles than a corner.

Bill didn't lie he wasn't referring to a mutually discussed anything he was referring to comments he made long ago. Presumably the one line he said about it in the post game or next day press conference. Every other time he's been asked he's said he already discussed it.

Nope. 1) He used the interviewer's name and 2) said "WE" talked about that. Not "I'" talked about that.

Which is exactly why Hamachek called him out immediately and said 'No, I didn't ask you about it'. To which Belichick simply clams up because he knows he's been caught in a lie. He took his ball and went home.

I'm pro-Belichick for 95% of that era - - including the ridiculous Guerrero thing where Brady was 100% wrong to force Yoko into the lockerroom and field, etc. And I think his greatest off-field moment was that Mona Lisa DeflateGate presser the Saturday after it broke (Brady, on the other hand, poured fuel on the fire with his deer in the headlights cluelesness in his Thursday presser - - "Wait is this a THING??' when it was being discussed all over the world for four days leading up.). BB's Saturday presser was a masterful cleanup job of the mess Brady made two days earlier. The live thread here from that day is a classic - -I wish I could see that one again :)

There are only 3 football coaching instances I can remember right now where I think Belichick was dead wrong:

1) The Milloy cut (with no trade for value) - - in retrospect, I admit I was wrong - -it did not hurt the team at all and, perhaps, allowed Rodney extra room to control the lockerroom with McGinest. But geez, couldn't he have at least gotten something in return.

the next two happened at the last moments before SB 52

2) Deactivating Branch (exacerbated by not playing Butler - - Branch could've helped against Philly parade that took place that night right up the middle for 164 yds and a 6.1 avg)

3) Butler

Last edited:
The people blaming Belichick for not playing Butuler in that Eagles lost is silly to me.

These guys would never give Belichick credit for playing Brady over Drew.

Or when Belichick put Bulter in the game to intercept Russ.

Gameplan Faulk and take him away in that SB win against the Rams.

Give Harrison a chance, trade for Moss, pick a broken TE in Gronk in the draft, etc. The list can go on. They don't want to give the guy any credit for the decisions he made that won us 6SBs, play in 9, won the division 15 times in 19 years, etc.

Instead they'd rather *********** on a doc funded by the weasel Kraft to protray the guy as a hindrence and prop up a creepy owner who was lucky enough to have a GOAT HC and GOAT QB.

Funny to see you edit those statistics as well as they edited the footage for The Dynasty.

How about including the entire secondary in your analysis of "best tackler"? You know that if you did, it would show that both Chung & McCourty had more tackles in the regular season & the playoffs.

So what?

Funny how you don't realize that I posted the players that took the snaps away from Butler. Gilmore was the other starting CB, for comparison. McCourty is a FS. Chung a SS.

I'm pro-Belichick for 95% of that era - - including the ridiculous Guerrero thing where Brady was 100% wrong to force Yoko into the lockerroom and field, etc. And I think his greatest off-field moment was that Mona Lisa DeflateGate presser the Saturday after it broke (Brady, on the other hand, poured fuel on the fire with his deer in the headlights cluelesness in his Thursday presser - - "Wait is this a THING??' when it was being discussed all over the world for four days leading up.). BB's Saturday presser was a masterful cleanup job of the mess Brady made two days earlier. The live thread here from that day is a classic - -I wish I could see that one again :)
I never really thought about this until you posted your thoughts, but I think the front office may have failed Tom. Stacy James (or whoever) should have prepared Tom for the feeding frenzy he was walking into. Now, other side of the coin, they may have tried and he thought it was nothing. Doesn't matter, it's over and done with now.

Nope. 1) He used the interviewer's name and 2) said "WE" talked about that. Not "I'" talked about that.

Which is exactly why Hamachek called him out immediately and said 'No, I didn't ask you about it'. To which Belichick simply clams up because he knows he's been caught in a lie. He took his ball and went home.

There are only 3 football coaching instances I can remember right now where I think Belichick was dead wrong:

1) The Milloy cut (with no trade for value) - - in retrospect, I admit I was wrong - -it did not hurt the team at all and, perhaps, allowed Rodney extra room to control the lockerroom with McGinest. But geez, couldn't he have at least gotten something in return.

the next two happened at the last moments before SB 52

2) Deactivating Branch (exacerbated by not playing Butler - - Branch could've helped against Philly parade that took place that night right up the middle for 164 yds and a 6.1 avg)

3) Butler
We as in BB and the media present at the time. Wether he said We or I it was the same way he's answered the question every time since. Focusing on the pronoun too much lol.

He didn't catch Bill in a lie he caught BB doing what BB does and he tried to ask again but Bill wasn't having and just stared and it was hilarious.

The people blaming Belichick for not playing Butuler in that Eagles lost is silly to me.

These guys would never give Belichick credit for playing Brady over Drew.

Or when Belichick put Bulter in the game to intercept Russ.

Gameplan Faulk and take him away in that SB win against the Rams.

Give Harrison a chance, trade for Moss, pick a broken TE in Gronk in the draft, etc. The list can go on. They don't want to give the guy any credit for the decisions he made that won us 6SBs, play in 9, won the division 15 times in 19 years, etc.

Instead they'd rather *********** on a doc funded by the weasel Kraft to protray the guy as a hindrence and prop up a creepy owner who was lucky enough to have a GOAT HC and GOAT QB.

What is silly is a grown adult who believes someone is right 100% of the time. All humans are fallible. This isn't a magic fable. Abe Lincoln screwed up, FDR had girlfriends on the side. Even Mother Teresa had a few bad days.

I think Belichick was great 95% of the time. He was the greatest NFL coach of all time and New England was lucky to have him. But the truth is the truth. Why brush something under the rug?

He screwed up twice the night of Super Bowl 52. And he didn't get value for Milloy in his prime - - that was a **** up, be it communications or whatever.

The fact that I see him as screwing up a very winnable SB 52 doesn't mean I'm anti-Belichick. I'd take those 20 years every day of the week. But I don't have blinders on that there are perfect humans who are right all the time. Evidently, you do.

Last edited:
What is silly is a grown adult who believes someone is right 100% of the time. All humans are fallible. This isn't a magic fable. Abe Lincoln screwed up, FDR had girlfriends on the side. Even Mother Teresa had a few bad days.

I think Belichick was great 95% of the time. He was the greatest NFL coach of all time and New England was lucky to have him. But the truth is the truth. Why brush something under the rug?

He screwed up twice the night of Super Bowl 52. And he didn't get value for Milloy in his prime - - that was a **** up, be it communications or whatever.

The fact that I see him as screwing up a very winnable SB 52 doesn't mean I'm anti-Belichick. I'd take those 20 years every day of the week. But I don't have blinders on that there are perfect humans who are right all the time. Evidently, you do.

And yet you responded to a post of mine when a fan wanted him fired for the 2017 Super Bowl. If he's only wrong 5% of the time, why would anyone fire him? They don't win the next year with another coach

mostly agree(not on specific screwups). but can't believe no one mentions the one i think really cost a sb chance:not re-signing branch in 06.

I remember reading this (In defense of Bill Belichick benching Malcolm Butler in Super Bowl 52) after I went back and re-watched some of that Super Bowl and I think the writer gets a lot right, especially with regards to the stupidity of going with a 3-4 front. And I also agreed that Butler, at least by then, was not doing great on the type of receivers that the Eagles played.

Inserting Malcolm Butler was not any sort of guarantee that the Patriots magically stop the Eagles offense, especially if we going to start zooming in on his tackling ability, which has nothing to do with a RB running through the middle of the LOS which is what the Eagles did here.

That said, I still would've liked to have seen if Butler could have done anything as it was brutal watching that defense get shredded by Foles.

And yet you responded to a post of mine when a fan wanted him fired for the 2017 Super Bowl. If he's only wrong 5% of the time, why would anyone fire him? They don't win the next year with another coach

95% of the 20 year dynasty.

Timeline - - post 2016 he was on the way down and his GM actions were killing his coaching. He won it all in 2018, but they also lost Brady for 2020 and on. Over the 20 years I'd say he was great 95% of the time as a coach. His overall performance had peaked and was rapidly decreasing by 2017. What he did in SB 52 was startling bad.

BB was famous for cutting people before they started to lose it.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back