PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Completely agree! That choice made it seem clear that the documentary was focused on the negative related to the Pats dynasty while the success is glossed over.

I think it’s an interesting watch but I can’t help but feel Patriots fans aren’t the target demographic of the series.

The Hernandez episode was especially frustrating. They started by mentioning a great draft class that revitalized the franchise then ignored everyone who wasn’t Hernandez. Also at the end of the episode they introduce the idea that Aaron Hernandez asked for a trade to a west coast team and if Bill granted it nothing bad would have happened. The idea that Hernandez only killed because he fell in with the wrong crowd is laughable. Dude was an insane murderer, only thing that would have changed with a trade was the location of the victim.
They aren't.

I don't get why the Krafts would want a series that focuses so much on the negatives of the Patriots dynasty. Yes, they seem to get treated with kid gloves and tend to deflect a lot of the blame towards Belichick on a lot of the worst parts of the dynasty era, but it still shows all the warts of this era without a lot of the great things accomplished. This seems more like episodes of 30 for 30 than a Kraft produced series celebrating the Dynasty era.

On the Kraft copyright at the end of each episode. Because that's what copyright means.

Special call out to crybabybrady.

On the Kraft copyright at the end of each episode. Because that's what copyright means.

Special call out to crybabybrady.

I just started episode 7 they got Rupert Murdoch schilling for Kraft and enough time to cover Putin taking Kraft's ring but 5 minutes for titles 2 and 3 and all the players and stories they've glossed over but keep defending this crap all you want it just exposes you more.

At least they are getting into super bowl 49

Prez and Gaz getting their time!

Episode 7 wasn't that bad obviously they had to cover deflategate and that **** sux but it wasn't anything new or damning we'll see how episode 8 goes.

Episode 8 titled mean Bill and it's actually kind of beautiful ring that towel even out of Tom.

They got some **** to cover but these 2 episodes might be the best so far they give us plenty of good SB 49 and 51 stuff

I’ve only watched episode 7 so far but at least the utter ridiculousness of Deflategate was well covered. The league looked dumb and shifty which was about as much as I would ask for.

Great stuff. I guess based on the media and the last 30 seconds the ugly stuff is coming in the next 2 episodes. SB 49 and 51 are so epic still can't believe that happened.

I'm an ardent critic of Bill the Coach/GM. But watching episode 7/8 made me want to puke. in these two episodes Kraft and those producing the show really begin to destroy Belichick.
No direct mention of Krafty Bob and his "good of the 32/31" ******** when he decided not to back Brady or raise a ruckus over the Goodell decision to uphold Brady's suspension.
There was a huge uproar in the fanbase that wanted Kraft out when the owner decided to stand down.
Even as a Belichick skeptic to the Nth degree...this was a hatchet job of all hatchet jobs. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Bill.

Everytime they interview Jackie MacMullan or Michael Holley, they reveal they don't now the basic facts of either Spygate or Deflategate. Jackie concludes that Brady probably did deflate the balls [she's completely unaware that Mortensen's numbers were bad and that the balls were right where they should've been]. It's crazy.

The director spent exactly one second on the debunking [i.e. the deliberate lying] of the Mortensen report.

I wonder if Belichick said "talk to Tom" because he didn't want to take the lead role in defending the team. I think he wanted Kraft to do it, because Kraft was so gutless in defending Belichick over Spygate. So Belichick was like, "OK Bob, let's see if you're going to defend your adopted son, or will you fold once again."

I'm actually exasperated by episode 7.

My lord, after the NFL turned down Brady's appeal, Kraft advised Brady publicly to not continue the fight. The interviewer then cuts to Brady who says he is done with it.

Really?

Does no one remember the 2 court cases that followed? They revealed the NFL had lied about Brady's phone? The judge released the investigation transcripts, much to the NFL's shock, they showed Brady did NOT lie to the NFL about speaking to the ballboys. Quite the contrary. The NFL got caught lying. The judge ruled against the NFL. Brady pressed his case, and he continued to press it when the case went federal.

Instead, we have an entirely different story in episode 7.

Last edited:
I'm actually exasperated by episode 7.

My lord, after the NFL turned down Brady's appeal, Kraft advised Brady publicly to not continue the fight. The interviewer then cuts to Brady whom says he is done with it.

Really?

Does no one remember the 2 court cases that followed that revealed the NFL had lied about Brady's phone? The judge released the investigation transcripts, much to the NFL's shock, that showed Brady did NOT lie to the NFL about speaking to the ballboys. Quite the contract. The NFL got caught lying. The judge ruled against the NFL. Brady pressed his case, and he continued to press it when the case went federal.

Instead, we have an entirely different story.
The way the media played it up I thought these episodes were going to be way worse. Were there some things with a slant sure but I was expecting worse and they gave us good coverage of the SBs. There's 2 episodes left and they have a loss and the Butler stuff, a win, and the ultimate split coming that's a lot to cover so unless they are absolutely brutal in the last 2 episodes this might turn out not to be as bad as it seemed to be headed. There were a few things that pissed me off too so flame on all you want. And the last 30 seconds makes you think the next 2 will be brutal but it doesn't have to be.

Yeah, I think it could have really used a better name to explain what it was really about.
I mean it’s called « The dynasty » because it’s based on the book that’ it s called … wait for it… « The dynasty »

The way the media played it up I thought these episodes were going to be way worse. Were there some things with a slant sure but I was expecting worse and they gave us good coverage of the SBs. There's 2 episodes left and they have a loss and the Butler stuff, a win, and the ultimate split coming that's a lot to cover so unless they are absolutely brutal in the last 2 episodes this might turn out not to be as bad as it seemed to be headed. There were a few things that pissed me off too so flame on all you want. And the last 30 seconds makes you think the next 2 will be brutal but it doesn't have to be.
I think episode 8 was fair. And if they were trying to paint Belichick as doing something wrong, they failed. So he's brutal, has high standards, I honestly don't care. And the fact he's preparing to move on from Brady? That's exactly what he should be doing. It's no different than Steve Young and Montana, Rodgers and Farve, etc. Brady left the Patriots when he was 42 for heaven's sake.

Episode 7, and especially MacMullan and Holley, pissed me off for having to relive a lot of idiocy.

8 was tame, by comparison.

If Brady had fuel added to the fire because of Garoppolo and especially Deflategate, so be it.

I wonder if Belichick said "talk to Tom" because he didn't want to take the lead role in defending the team. I think he wanted Kraft to do it, because Kraft was so gutless in defending Belichick over Spygate. So Belichick was like, "OK Bob, let's see if you're going to defend your adopted son, or will you fold once again."
Kraft convinced Goodell not to suspend Belichick. Not sure how much more help he was supposed to give since Belichick admitted it. A Belichick suspension would've been a permanent black mark on his legacy.

It's amusing to see you twisting in the wind though.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back