PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Its clear. Bill bad. Robert good. weave story to that conclusion.

FWIW, I'm no Bill apologist. I thought it was time for him to go. I just find all of this stuff really truly distasteful.
I'm in the same boat as you and the treatment of Bill for 5 of the 6 episodes has been despicable.

That’s just not true. There was a large group of Patriots fans who believed Bledsoe should have remained the QB even after they won the SB, and they didn’t give it up until after they won their 2nd Lombardi.
Yup, the old Brady/Bledsoe War was a real thing on AOL. I still talk to a former Bledshole/co-worker who still insists that Drew could have won the SB in 2001.

Excellent!
That still gives me goosebumps.

I think I have to take just a little bit of credit. I convinced my non sports fan son to go to the last game of the season in Charlotte on the way to Georgia. I told him after they won the SB that the Pats were one fan short of putting them over the top and he was that fan.

Ok, Ok, I get it already… Owner = good / Coach = baaaaaaad… I was surprised they didn’t have film of Coach Bill driving the get-a-way car after the shooting! Just like a trip to a Florida massage parlor, there’ll only be one “Happy Ending” after the last episode….

I have read somewhere the Vrabel is a real DB, don't recall where. That kind of goes along with that silly report of what an imposing man he is, and how he didn't get hired because the rich nerds were afraid of him.

Your point shows why Bill was successful early: 100% buy in. Hard assed guys coached by THE hardass. I really can't wait to see it. I am going to wait until there's more episodes out and binge it.
I know someone who went to high school with Vrabel in Ohio, and this guy was very academic, probably a bit nerdy. He has told me he observed vrabel quite a bit and he was someone with razor sharp humor, but not known for being a bully at all. This guy said he actually seemed like a decent fairly nice guy. I suspect vrabel might go hard on people who he thinks deserve it because of big heads or whatever but can be cool with regular folks. For what it's worth.

I don't think Brady is admitting it was a fumble based on the rules of the day, I think he is admitting he had no intention to throw the ball and he had brought the ball down and was lucky that Walt Coleman determined he never tucked the ball back to his body. I think he doesn't deny that it was the correct call based on the rule, but in reality he fumbled the ball.

People forget that the Pats were victims of the tuck rule that same year against the Jets where it was ruled that Testeverde hadn't tucked the ball on a play he clearly pulled the ball back down and wasn't throwing but never "tucked" the ball.

Bottom line, it was the correct call on a really bad rule. I am glad they got rid of it. Common sense says that was a fumble and a bad rule overruled common sense.
Yup. It was according to the rule, and I completely agree that Brady was simply speaking common sensically, not saying that it should have been called a fumble despite the rule.

That’s just not true. There was a large group of Patriots fans who believed Bledsoe should have remained the QB even after they won the SB, and they didn’t give it up until after they won their 2nd Lombardi.
I don't recall hearing that at all. There were certainly many of us who weren't convinced that Brady > Bledsoe before the playoffs in 2001, but after that there was no question that BB made the right choice. But there remained doubts about Brady's ceiling until 2003, and it wasn't until after 2004 that most fans here began to entertain the notion that Brady might be the GOAT.

Lots of spygate and Hernandez but I must have missed the Panthers SuperBowl. I thought it was a football dynasty?

Lots of spygate and Hernandez but I must have missed the Panthers SuperBowl. I thought it was a football dynasty?
So far they've skipped over 3 SBs. They covered 36 and 42 in detail. Gave us 5 minutes on 38 and 39 and barely mentioned 46. Given there is 4 episodes left and a lot of drama to cover I don't suspect they are going to go very deep into the next 4 (5 counting Brady in Tampa).

Yup, the old Brady/Bledsoe War was a real thing on AOL. I still talk to a former Bledshole/co-worker who still insists that Drew could have won the SB in 2001.
Well, I mean, I don't see why not. The defense crushed the Rams. Tom was clutch when we needed him at the end.

Drew did as much against the Steelers D in the AFCCG as Tom did against the Rams D.

I don't recall hearing that at all. There were certainly many of us who weren't convinced that Brady > Bledsoe before the playoffs in 2001, but after that there was no question that BB made the right choice. But there remained doubts about Brady's ceiling until 2003, and it wasn't until after 2004 that most fans here began to entertain the notion that Brady might be the GOAT.

I argued with Patriot fans over at KFFL about long after Bledsoe had been traded to Buffalo. There were some diehard Bledsoe fans who bought completely into the Big Arm/#1 pick overall concept, and saw Brady as “ just a game manager,” but they conceded after the Patriotsvwon their 2nd Lombardi.

I gave up on it after 2 episodes.

Finished 3 and 4. The editing is really bad with the time jumps.

Early in episode 3 it tries to make Bill look bad.

Glossing right over the 21 straight wins and the 2 straight Super Bowl wins was very strange.

No mention of trading Bledsoe and the release of Milloy which was extremely controversial.

Spygate is absolutely more ridiculous now than it was then. The fact that a police officer got involved and confiscated the camera was something else. I wasn't aware of that. Out of all the people in the stadium, Mangini was able to point out the Pats guy Lol. I'm gland they didn't give Arlen Spector more time - that was insanely stupid. I'm surprised Mangini wasn't blackballed after the Jets job as Pioli said that was something you just don't do.

I'm glad Moss admitted he should've caught that Brady pass. I always thought he should've. I never liked his alligator arm tactic he started later in his career to not tip DB's when he going up for the ball. It caught up to him.

I've mentioned the same thing Bruschi said that the Pats coming full circle losing in 2007 like the Rams did in 2001. While Brady had an injured ankle, they refused to adjust to the Giants just like Mike Martz mentioned during their game.

Credit Ernie Adams for seeing the Pats D was gassed and would've lost had the Rams got the ball back. This is why they decided to win it in on the last drive. Martz had said a long time ago that the Pats had no answer after they went into the no huddle late in the 4th Quarter.

Interesting how Michael Holley mentioned Bill was a completely different person after they won the 3 Super Bowls becoming arrogant.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Mangini wasn't blackballed after the Jets job
Well, he's been out of the league for a while now. That's about as close to blackballed as you can get.

Well, he's been out of the league for a while now. That's about as close to blackballed as you can get.
He got the Cleveland job after the Jets. Then he worked for the 49ers for a few years. That should've never happened.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back