PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Is Volin really a Belichick ass kisser or is he just siding with Belichick because he is no longer with the team. Volin has desperately tried to be this generation's Ron Borges for years. He used to side with Brady against Belichick. He is just a contrarian. If Jonathan pulled a power play and forced his dad out of ownership, Volin would be the biggest Robert ass kisser.
Volin is just a sh*t stirrer. I agree with you he is a contrarian who likes to get Patriots fans pissed off online. He is a Dolphins (and a Gator) fan so he seems to enjoy it.

Bobby Grier. Never gets the respect he deserves here on this forum.

Got any recommendations on material that talks about Grier? I can see on his Wikipedia page, but I'm wondering if there's a really great article/read/documentary?

Because he doesn't really deserve much. His drafts mostly sucked and he was part of the rift with Parcels. Faulk was a hold over from his drafts so he wasn't useless. He did some work on Brady great he was basically done at that point anyway and it was Bills choice not his.

Edit I guess 96 was one of his drafts too. So Glenn, Milloy, and Bruschi. Not too shabby I suppose.

Because he doesn't really deserve much. His drafts mostly sucked and he was part of the rift with Parcels. Faulk was a hold over from his drafts so he wasn't useless. He did some work on Brady great he was basically done at that point anyway and it was Bills choice not his.

Edit I guess 96 was one of his drafts too. So Glenn, Milloy, and Bruschi. Not too shabby I suppose.
I am not sure that he should get **** on to the level he does. Law, Johnson, Martin, Glenn, Milloy and Bruschi all came in consecutive drafts. He had some big misses but he hit on or was involved in the drafting that would be the cornerstones of the dynasty.

I am not sure that he should get **** on to the level he does. Law, Johnson, Martin, Glenn, Milloy and Bruschi all came in consecutive drafts. He had some big misses but he hit on or was involved in the drafting that would be the cornerstones of the dynasty.
Some of those he was a scout for and some the GM.

Kind of like I don't care about the details for Mac because Bill was still in charge even if Kraft or Groh might have been pushing for it. Parcels was still in control for 95 so Law and Martin I give to The Tuna. But I did concede some of those 96 guys to Grier.

Might not be right or fair but I'm not investigating which scouts did what. The guy in charge gets the credit good or bad.

I also might not recall all the power struggles but in my mind BP was the guy until 96 when Kraft gave power to Grier and started some of that buy the groceries stuff which caused BP to leave after the season.

Brady has been saying this for awhile about the tuck rule, based on a show he did with Woodson, and also buying into the Raiders.

But Brady is wrong. I think he's bought into the conventional wisdom of football players and the media.

The play was ruled correctly. I always say this but the tuck rule was used AGAINST the Patriots that year during the Mo Lewis/Bledsoe hit game. The Patriots lost after the recovery of a Testaverde fumble which was called a pass because of the tuck rule. Who knows where the Patriots would've been or who they would've played in the playoffs.
Speaking of that Tuck Rule play, I was shocked they didn't call a penalty for one of the Raiders defensive players punting the ball after the "recovery". Shouldn't that be a 15-yard penalty? Not to mention Woodson hitting Brady in the head during the play itself. I had never noticed the Raider player punting the ball before.
Anyway, it all worked out pretty damn well, but just thought it was interesting.

Some of those he was a scout for and some the GM.

Kind of like I don't care about the details for Mac because Bill was still in charge even if Kraft or Groh might have been pushing for it. Parcels was still in control for 95 so Law and Martin I give to The Tuna. But I did concede some of those 96 guys to Grier.

Might not be right or fair but I'm not investigating which scouts did what. The guy in charge gets the credit good or bad.

I also might not recall all the power struggles but in my mind BP was the guy until 96 when Kraft gave power to Grier and started some of that buy the groceries stuff which caused BP to leave after the season.
Which is kinda what I was saying, that he was involved in some fashion.

In the show it is clear that the reverse is true also. Brady and BB together made them who they were. It seems obvious to me and always has.
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

In the show it is clear that the reverse is true also. Brady and BB together made them who they were. It seems obvious to me and always has.
The show showed me how much heat was on Bill. It also showed that Bill knew what he had early on in Brady. It was a match made in Patriot football heaven.

The Drew stuff was pretty good. At the time I remember being on Brady's side even if some fans and media weren't. It was also interesting to hear Drew talk about not being worried about Tom at the time.

The show showed me how much heat was on Bill. It also showed that Bill knew what he had early on in Brady. It was a match made in Patriot football heaven.

The Drew stuff was pretty good. At the time I remember being on Brady's side even if some fans and media weren't. It was also interesting to hear Drew talk about not being worried about Tom at the time.
I was in high school and grew up with Drew as my childhood QB and I had my reservations on Brady until the second Jets game in mid-December. I think we had lost the Rams game but didn't feel too bad about that one then we blew out the Browns (or maybe the Saints?) and then we played the Jets and Brady engineered a few long drives in the second half for a comeback win. That was right around the time Drew was cleared to play so we were all wondering what would happen. Bledsoe is still one of my favorite Patriots to this day but major credit to Bill for making the move at that time.

I am a little disappointed that after two and most of a third episode on the 2001 season, they literally spend five minutes on the 2003 and 2004 season combined. They spent more time on the 1996 season than they did on those two dynasty season.

For the most part, the 2001 season coverage was really good, but I don’t know you totally gloss over two of the seasons that made the Patriots a dynasty.

I am a little disappointed that after two and most of a third episode on the 2001 season, they literally spend five minutes on the 2003 and 2004 season combined. They spent more time on the 1996 season than they did on those two dynasty season.

For the most part, the 2001 season coverage was really good, but I don’t know you totally gloss over two of the seasons that made the Patriots a dynasty.
As the director of the show is going around in radio shows and teling - its not a football series but its about "people" and relationships. They want to get to the feud and fall of the "evil empire" and all the controversies. Today the director went on PFT and said the rodney harrison has only 2 lines on the show because they wanted to move twards 2007 from 2003 to focus on spygate.

As the director of the show is going around in radio shows and teling - it’s not a football series but it’s about "people" and relationships. They want to get to the feud and fall of the "evil empire" and all the controversies. Today the director went on PFT and said the rodney harrison has only 2 lines on the show because they wanted to move twards 2007 from 2003 to focus on spygate.

They still are glossing over a lot even if it is about people and relationships. There have been enough series out there and old DVDs to fill in the massive gaps that this series missed. So it isn’t all that big of an issue. But was a little jarring to watch them cover about six season that included two Super Bowls and things like Bruschi having a stroke and returning in like eight minutes (and the Bruschi stroke wasn’t even mentioned)

The least they could of done was give us an episode dedicated to SB38 and 39 before kicking us in the balls.

The title of the documentary should be The Controversy. They spent more time on the Drew/Brady stuff than two championships. Then skipped right to spygate and gave more coverage to Strahan than Rodney. Do the Kraft's not like Rodney? What am I missing?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back