PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Yes, Bill cheating on his wife and breaking up another couple's marriage show his scruples:

"As per reports, Bill Belichick had an affair with a woman named Sharon Shenocca. She was a receptionist for the New York Giants at that time. Reports suggested that the Tennessee-born HC spent thousands of dollars on Shenocca.

Some reports suggest that Belichick and Sharon met for the first time in the 1980s when he was the Giants’ defensive coordinator. Other reports stated that their affair was the reason behind the HC’s divorce from Clarke.

The news about Bill Belichick cheating on Debby Clarke had been everywhere after their divorce. However, later on, it turned out that Sharon Shenocca was also cheating on her husband. She was married to her husband, Vincent Shenocca and had an extra-marital affair with the former Cleveland Browns HC.

After the news of Belichick’s affair with Sharon, her husband divorced her as well. Vincent accused the NFL coach of sending cash-filled envelopes to Sharon. Bill Belichick even reportedly bought her a luxury house worth $2.2 million at Park Slope TownHouse.

During Sharon and Vicent’s divorce, Belichick was referred to as the other manin their marriage. A New Jersey judge even gave orders to question the former Jets defensive coordinator. However, the divorce eventually happened without Bill Belichick appearing in court."

I thought that Bill's ex-girlfriend Linda was the married woman he was fooling around with when he was with the Jets.

Rehbein go the shaft in this series. This series really kind made it look like it was a group decision and they they all had Brady high on their draft board, but didn't draft him until the 6th round because QB wasn't a need. This goes against all of the reporting for years on the draft pick.

From what I remember, there was the Pats were always going to draft a QB at the end of the draft and the Pats were considering a few QBs and Rehbein pushed Brady over the other choices.

Easy to ignore the dead because they can't speak up. At least that's how projects like this usually operate.

Rehbein go the shaft in this series. This series really kind made it look like it was a group decision and they they all had Brady high on their draft board, but didn't draft him until the 6th round because QB wasn't a need. This goes against all of the reporting for years on the draft pick.

From what I remember, there was the Pats were always going to draft a QB at the end of the draft and the Pats were considering a few QBs and Rehbein pushed Brady over the other choices.
To not mention Rhebein seems wrong but I don't think anything went against the reporting. Brady would have been placed on the draft board based on the info from the scouts and coaches but unless they were doing things differently in 2000 they wouldn't be in the draft room pushing anything. They would be in another room and called upon as needed.

Rhebein would have already told Bill everything he thought about Tom. Bill making selections would look at his board and consider team needs and make a selection and at pick 199 based on all the info they had including Rehbein's opinion they decided he was too good to pass on.

According to Pioli in another interview I read, Rehbein brought him in, but they all (Grier, Pioli, Weiss, Bill) liked him. Grier was still the GM then. Brady was the highest rated player on their board but because of need they drafted the others and he kept slipping, until it was like, we've got to take this guy.

I don't recall which players were drafted by the Pats ahead of Brady. How did their careers pan out?

Sounded like one had to go and Kraft backed the wrong guy.
Montana & several of his teammates were not sad to see Walsh retire.

Sure, they appreciate what he built, but they were sick of a lot of his antiquated approaches (sounds familiar), and they were happy to be free to just play under Seifert who just had to not screw it up (besides choosing Young over Montana).

I enjoyed it. Lots of tidbits and frankly, the comments by the players were candidly refreshing. Brady would not have admitted that the tucked rule was a fumble. Here, he freely admitted it. BB was just his usual self though :)
The play was ruled a fumble. Then overturned by replay. That's it. In reality, there's nothing special about it at all except the timing of it.

A rule that was in place for many years was correctly implemented.

Montana & several of his teammates were not sad to see Walsh retire.

Sure, they appreciate what he built, but they were sick of a lot of his antiquated approaches (sounds familiar), and they were happy to be free to just play under Seifert who just had to not screw it up (besides choosing Young over Montana).
and seifert went on to a long,glorious coaching career full of sb wins. oh wait.
coaches still read walsh's book and take things from him and other past greats.

and seifert went on to a long,glorious coaching career full of sb wins. oh wait.
coaches still read walsh's book and take things from him and other past greats.
He won 2 rings and had a winning record every year in SF.

Yes, Bill cheating on his wife and breaking up another couple's marriage show his scruples:

"As per reports, Bill Belichick had an affair with a woman named Sharon Shenocca. She was a receptionist for the New York Giants at that time. Reports suggested that the Tennessee-born HC spent thousands of dollars on Shenocca.

Some reports suggest that Belichick and Sharon met for the first time in the 1980s when he was the Giants’ defensive coordinator. Other reports stated that their affair was the reason behind the HC’s divorce from Clarke.

The news about Bill Belichick cheating on Debby Clarke had been everywhere after their divorce. However, later on, it turned out that Sharon Shenocca was also cheating on her husband. She was married to her husband, Vincent Shenocca and had an extra-marital affair with the former Cleveland Browns HC.

After the news of Belichick’s affair with Sharon, her husband divorced her as well. Vincent accused the NFL coach of sending cash-filled envelopes to Sharon. Bill Belichick even reportedly bought her a luxury house worth $2.2 million at Park Slope TownHouse.

During Sharon and Vicent’s divorce, Belichick was referred to as the other manin their marriage. A New Jersey judge even gave orders to question the former Jets defensive coordinator. However, the divorce eventually happened without Bill Belichick appearing in court."

par for the course for Duplicitous Pond Scum Bill Belichick...Kevin Mannix had him nailed.

It's a bit of a puff piece but it's incredible to see footage from 2001 remastered and in high definition.
Yes, I too was impressed by the quality of the video given how old it was.

Because even now if you look up footage from Super Bowl 36 it looks awful compared to today's standards.

I noticed they even have fans as part of the interviewees. I wonder if it includes anyone from this message board.

I noticed they even have fans as part of the interviewees. I wonder if it includes anyone from this message board.
I found myself scanning the crowd, looking for myself in games I attended.

I found myself scanning the crowd, looking for myself in games I attended.
I've found myself in papers and TV coverage in the crowd a few times I'll have to keep an eye out to see if we make it in this doc lol.

I've found myself in papers and TV coverage in the crowd a few times I'll have to keep an eye out to see if we make it in this doc lol.
I was in the Herald twice, once with a "she can play" Terry Glenn sign meeting Kraft, and once in the parking lots, partying with a big guy in a Colts jersey for a home opener after one of the SB wins. Great times!

Rehbein not being mentioned or the process of drafting Tom is criminal, but it was a group effort in taking Brady. Grier was the one that was also scouting Brady and called Lloyd Carr (who he knew well) to discuss Brady.

Rehbein not being mentioned or the process of drafting Tom is criminal, but it was a group effort in taking Brady. Grier was the one that was also scouting Brady and called Lloyd Carr (who he knew well) to discuss Brady.

Blame the editor, don't blame the Pats. Who knows what's on the cutting room floor?

Blame the editor, don't blame the Pats. Who knows what's on the cutting room floor?
It's pretty messed up as Rehbein would write in his journal of things he saw Tom do in practice and how much he believed in him. It only mentions Adams mentioning it from Bill. More detail should've been focused on the drafting of Brady.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back