PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Brady saved Bill's career. There's no question of that.
I need to watch still, curious to see if there is a bias involved. Did Bill participate in the documentary?

It’s never been easier to bag on him so there’s certainly some skepticism involved.

Just going to do some relaying of significant background: in episode 2, the defensive players are talking about how they used to go hard at Brady and insult him. It sounds like there were a bunch of jerks out there, but they make it out as though they were much tougher than Belichick could ever be. So there was a team full of old school guys out there. It wasn't just Belichick bearing down hard on you, but more importantly Ty Law, McGinest and a few others. But the worst one of all was Mike Vrabel. It makes you think about what Vrabel is like as a coach. He might actually be Belichick + in that regard.
I took it that they were trying to humble him because he was acting ****y.

I need to watch still, curious to see if there is a bias involved. Did Bill participate in the documentary?

It’s never been easier to bag on him so there’s certainly some skepticism involved.
Yes he's interviewed as well

I don't think Brady is admitting it was a fumble based on the rules of the day, I think he is admitting he had no intention to throw the ball and he had brought the ball down and was lucky that Walt Coleman determined he never tucked the ball back to his body. I think he doesn't deny that it was the correct call based on the rule, but in reality he fumbled the ball.
That's correct. That's what he specifically said in the episode on the tuck rule: "I mean it felt like a fumble to me and it looked like a fumble to basically everyone else, except that's not the way the rule was written. We didn't write the ****ing rule."

Not precisely, just that the whole situation devolved already once on him because of the decision to move on from Kosar. It made it seem as though Belichick already submarined one franchise with a QB move. No analysis of whether Kosar was better than Testaverde or vice versa.

There was literally ZERO about the playoff season in Cleveland. NOTHING. No mention of Testaverde at all.
True but they did show that Kosar was declining post ankle injury, and that the Cleveland fans were generally crazy lunatics. I thought that did a good job of painting Bill in a sympathetic light.

True but they did show that Kosar was declining post ankle injury, and that the Cleveland fans were generally crazy lunatics. I thought that did a good job of painting Bill in a sympathetic light.
Did they mention Testeverde and Bill made the playoffs and beat us? I don't think it did kind of weird.

I thought the scene of CLE fans hanging Modell and Belichick in effigy and cheering was funny AF.

I thought the scene of CLE fans hanging Modell and Belichick in effigy and cheering was funny AF.
915d802f-8f0a-4211-9329-2d5aeb9d9f71_text.gif

Yes, but a couple players mentioned Vrabel was going way over the line.

But as Vrabel understood and said, “he can take it”
That story reminded me of two things. One was the story of Vrabel at OSU when Andy Katzenmoyer was getting national press as the next great linebacker, they were running laps and Katzenmoyer was dogging it so Vrabel lapped him and as he came up from behind him he gave him a shove, which sent Katzenmoyer to the ground. A gentle message from the actual leader. You also have to remember that Vrabel was the guy who Belichick would find in his office with his feet up on Belichick’s desk. And absolutely no one else had the balls to do that.

The other story was the about the way that Parcells used to scream at Phil Simms while he was trying to play QB in practice. And when one of his coaches called him on it Parcellsvtold them that if Simms couldn’t handle it in practice then he sure as **** wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure of a Super Bowl.

It’s the Big Show, and all of us saw he easily Mac Jones crumbled mentally when things didn’t go his way, so I have no problem with players and coaches dogging players during oractice . And by all accounts Brady was as big a **** talker as anyone on the field.

But as Vrabel understood and said, “he can take it”
That story reminded me of two things. One was the story of Vrabel at OSU when Andy Katzenmoyer was getting national press as the next great linebacker, they were running laps and Katzenmoyer was dogging it so Vrabel lapped him and as he came up from behind him he gave him a shove, which sent Katzenmoyer to the ground. A gentle message from the actual leader. You also have to remember that Vrabel was the guy who Belichick would find in his office with his feet up on Belichick’s desk. And absolutely no one else had the balls to do that.

The other story was the about the way that Parcells used to scream at Phil Simms while he was trying to play QB in practice. And when one of his coaches called him on it Parcellsvtold them that if Simms couldn’t handle it in practice then he sure as **** wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure of a Super Bowl.

It’s the Big Show, and all of us saw he easily Mac Jones crumbled mentally when things didn’t go his way, so I have no problem with players and coaches dogging players during oractice . And by all accounts Brady was as big a **** talker as anyone on the field.
I cannot wait to watch it.

It's great to hear all this and know that this is the forge that helped make Tom the GOAT. Now before the Bradyites all jump on me, clearly the raw talent and drive to succeed were there, but all of it came together in a perfect storm: tough leadership of the locker room, Kraft, Bill, Bledsoe, the rest of the staff, the Mo Lewis hit, and Brady's giant chip on his shoulder. It's an unbelievable story that will have twists and turns, from the '07 Giants loss, AH, the 'gates, Butler, the Atlanta comeback and the Rams game with the cherry on the top.

When you really look at it now, after, it's great theater.

It's great to hear all this and know that this is the forge that helped make Tom the GOAT. Now before the Bradyites all jump on me, clearly the raw talent and drive to succeed were there, but all of it came together in a perfect storm:
It's interesting how Bledsoe and other players talk about him not being any threat only to end up losing his job to him the way he did. Bledsoe was pretty blindsided by that and reveals how angry he was. During the Bledsoe "next question" interview by his locker after the announcement was made, Brady looks to have made a smirk as the camera pans to him. Brady was telling players if he ever got the chance to start, Bledsoe wasn't getting his job back. I'm sure there was plenty of tension between them.

It's interesting how Bledsoe and other players talk about him not being any threat only to end up losing his job to him the way he did. Bledsoe was pretty blindsided by that and reveals how angry he was. During the Bledsoe "next question" interview by his locker after the announcement was made, Brady looks to have made a smirk as the camera pans to him. Brady was telling players if he ever got the chance to start, Bledsoe wasn't getting his job back. I'm sure there was plenty of tension between them.
There was real tension of course which the doc is playing on to set up the drama. I think they'll have some better things to say about Drew in the next episode when he gets back in the field.

I just watched E1-2. I was riveted. Paused it a bunch of times to talk to my wife about it. The first five minutes gave me goosebumps. I thought Pioli was excellent. Can’t wait for more.

Said I wasn’t buying another service. Bought a tv, 3 months free apple. Good stuff!

So far, it is more than fair to Belichick.

I hadn't remembered until this video that Belichick's refusal to reinstate Bledsoe was so controversial to the point that Kraft basically told him he would be fired if they didn't win with Brady that season. And right after that threat from Kraft, Brady went out and threw two INTs in the loss to the Rams! But Belichick still stayed with Brady and it turned out to be their last loss of the season.

The part when they had Belichick extolling how quickly Brady was learning from him -- "I've never seen anything like it" -- was also great to hear.

The sad hubris of Belichick's arrogant final years here shouldn't take away from how extraordinary his decision was to go with and stay with Brady despite the enormous pressure from his owner and the media.

So far, it is more than fair to Belichick.

I hadn't remembered until this video that Belichick's refusal to reinstate Bledsoe was so controversial to the point that Kraft basically told him he would be fired if they didn't win with Brady that season. And right after that threat from Kraft, Brady went out and threw two INTs in the loss to the Rams! But Belichick still stayed with Brady and it turned out to be their last loss of the season.

The part when they had Belichick extolling how quickly Brady was learning from him -- "I've never seen anything like it" -- was also great to hear.

The sad hubris of Belichick's arrogant final years here shouldn't take away from how extraordinary his decision was to go with and stay with Brady despite the enormous pressure from his owner and the media.
Maybe the sad hubris hadn't changed at all? Maybe he was consistently the same person only this time judging that Mac Jones wasn't it!?!?

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back