PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RE: Opening Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, outside of maybe making you feel better, it's ultimately a pointless exercise in futility. The only way to hit the NFL, and Goodell by extension, IS by hitting them in the bottom line. Outside of that, you're essentially giving the NFL, and good by extension, hundreds of dollars of your hard earned money to boo him. He wins in the end. Want to say F-U? Don't go to the game. Any of you. That won't happen, though, so all this talk about how to "hit him where it hurts" is a complete waste of time. Hell, for $44M, I'd gladly walk onto the field and get booed by thousands of Pats fans. I'd even incite more booing and may even go as far as taking my shirt off at the 50 yard line and spinning it around my head like a helicopter.

I got Brady's back is all i'm sayin.

Does the family that confronts a criminal in court do it to influence the criminal and change his heart? It's not the point!

Listen man, if you want to pay the troll toll be my guest, but stop hating on everyone else for moving on with their lives.

Boo the **** out of Goodell when he's on the video screen. And leave it at that. This blood feud is just tiring, especially since both sides can ultimately claim victory. (Pats won another Super Bowl, Goodell solidified his powers with Article 47.)

KontradictioN, just to explain:

They are going to be at the game anyway, as you pointed out. Hence, having some kind of organized protest during a game is the only way to have a realistic chance at getting exposure.

It isn't about hitting the NFL's bottom line (if that were the goal then yes it would be pointless). It is about confronting the ahole and calling him out on national TV. I agree it is superficial. I also agree with Ian that ultimately there are more important things in life. But that doesn't mean it is a bad idea. There are always more important issues you can focus on. You can say that about anything. On that night, for the people there, you aren't going to be in Cambodia feeding starving children. The people watching the game aren't in Haiti building housing for the homeless. How big a deal would it be to wear a shirt, or have a little sign? This is a sport, ultimately it is fun. Have fun with it.
Not saying at all I think it's a bad idea. It's just the fact that to really organize something will require raising an insane amount of money by having me make a full-court press to begin requesting it from hard-working people. The amount of effort that would be required for me to make a serious push while annoying people on social media and Twitter to try and raise it just isn't worth the ultimate use of those funds given my perspective and some of the risks involved. This is something that someone with serious financial backing can pull off and while 25-year old me might have tried it, 41-year old me isn't going to.

I'll still make some noise on this heading into to the game to hopefully help get people who will be there that night fired up. However, I'm sure local radio/media, etc. will be all over it anyway. Best wishes to Barstool - they got Matt Patricia on board and that's about as good of an endorsement as anyone there likely ever could have hoped for ;)

And, outside of maybe making you feel better, it's ultimately a pointless exercise in futility. The only way to hit the NFL, and Goodell by extension, IS by hitting them in the bottom line. Outside of that, you're essentially giving the NFL, and good by extension, hundreds of dollars of your hard earned money to boo him. He wins in the end. Want to say F-U? Don't go to the game. Any of you. That won't happen, though, so all this talk about how to "hit him where it hurts" is a complete waste of time. Hell, for $44M, I'd gladly walk onto the field and get booed by thousands of Pats fans. I'd even incite more booing and may even go as far as taking my shirt off at the 50 yard line and spinning it around my head like a helicopter.
I think the sole point is to embarrass goodell.
The fact that he was reportedly extremely angry over Matty p wearing the shirt, as well as reportedly trying to get the guy fired who took a picture with him flipping the bird says the fraud cares about this stuff.

It's not really a way to get retribution for Brady being screwed it's a way to make a clown out of the clown. If 65000 people showed up wearing that shirt you can bet your life goodell would be embarrassed and furious. That is a win to me, even if it doesn't take anything away from the league.

Last edited:
You better believe Gillette will be the loudest when they show him Thursday night...I won't have a voice Friday so I took it off of work

Goodell has to worry about lone wolf attacks...the rest of his pathetic, pigeon-holed life. Personally, I want him at ease walking around with that sub-moronic, perpetual jackazz grin on his face. He'll never see it coming. The best orchestrated idea on opening night would be a stadium wide cheer for good ol' Rog, a lot of glad handing and vocal promises by Pats fans to bury the hatchet. Not one thing wrong with lying to a pathological liar's face, especially if he's stupid enough to swallow it hook line and sinker.

Not one thing wrong with lying to a pathological liar's face, especially if he's stupid enough to swallow it hook line and sinker.

True that - You keep your friends close and you keep your enemies closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes