PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT RE: NFL Picks Playoff Contest

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Just an FYI - I put the upcoming playoff games into the schedule, which obviously triggered the picks alert this morning (I forgot that was going to happen) and many of you have picked. However, I'm not quite done and I'll be adding a field where you're going to need to make a score prediction for the sake of tie-breakers since there are so few games. So you can make your picks, but just know that I'll be adding another field for each game for everyone to also fill out.

Also, I'm moving forward with two contests, one of which will be a full playoff bracket. I figured it would be kind of fun and at least if anyone's brackets get busted by an upset, we'll still have the other one to also run over the next few weeks.

I coded out most of this last night and am hoping to finish it up this evening. Once I do, I'll need everyone to update their block with the scores to be eligible for this week and I'll post something to let all of you know. But it should hopefully be fun :)

Sounds fun, thanks for this Ian, its been fun all year chasing Dingleberry!

Reactions: Ian
Looks like the tie breaker will be needed too, so good thinking of that.

Bump

What's going on with this? I'm going to need a minimum of 24 hours to do my research before the games. Lmao

LOL, working on this now - turned out to be a little trickier than I thought, but I'll get it done ;)

As I mentioned, I'm also adding a playoff bracket that I'm going to try and get done by tomorrow. Since I'll have everyone's week one picks, that will at least allow everyone who is already in this to also fill out the remaining brackets.

So how does this work, exactly. Do you first look at total wins and losses and then scores or only closest score wins. Not sure I know the rules.
It’ll total everyone’s wins/losses and in the event of any ties (which with fewer games I’m sure there will be), the next part will set up the rankings by who got the scores either correct or the closest.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back