PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB situation for week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxboroFlyer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So with Taylor's lingering toe issues, who gets the most touches out of the backfield this week? Will BJGE be the workhorse, or will Mr. Woodhead get his shot at more carries? Personally I'd love to see Woodhead get 15 touches. Does anyone think there is a remote possibility of this happening?

Last edited:
I would think that fifteen should be the ceiling at this point. Expect BJGE to get the most touches.

If "The Wood" can pick up blitzes, it will be nice to have the man in the backfield for dumps and screens on 3rd down. I agree with Nikolai..15 touches would be nice...mix up the screens, draws and middle dump-offs and let the little guy follow the yellow brick road.

We keep talking about the Tight Ends, but BJGE had a very decent game last week...77yds in the 2nd half and seemed to find creases where there appreared to be none. It wouldn't shock me if he broke a long one against the fins.

I picked him up on the fantasy team as a free agent this week, and am starting the law offices of Ben-Jarvus-Green-Ellis....I have a hunch.

Power running game - go with the Lawfirm and test their defensive line depth while utilizing the TEs.

I don't think Woodhead will get that many touches simply from a durability standpoint. Right now he's a young player who doesn't have great size, if you start letting him take too much of a pounding it may be detrimental to him.

BJGE gets the bulk of the straight carries, and Morris/Woodhead split the third down duties.

Lawfirm gets the touches

Expect the tight end show of Hernandez and Gronk to continue:)

Woody may occupy Faulk's role and grind up some YAC for us.:)

I think 8-12 touches is ideal for a player like Woodhead.

I think 8-12 touches is ideal for a player like Woodhead.

Woodhead needs to know the playbook and how to pick up blitzes. It was great to read that he is an all around athlete including golf - his eye/hand coordination must be great which means he means he is an ideal 3rd down back in my opinion, great hands, shifty but fast and always going forward. Unlike Edelman, Woodhead seems stronger, more direct like Faulk. I think Woodhead might be a great 3rd down back - I am at a complete loss to understand why the Jests would release him. Is McKnight that good?

I am at a complete loss to understand why the Jests would release him. Is McKnight that good?
Take your pick:
1) Basic stupidity
2) Didn't know what they had with DW
3) Arrogance = Won't admit they missed on McFumble
4) All of the above

Woodhead is in a much better place with the Patriots!

Sammy Morris is a Patriot.

Take your pick:
1) Basic stupidity
2) Didn't know what they had with DW
3) Arrogance = Won't admit they missed on McFumble
4) All of the above

Woodhead is in a much better place with the Patriots!

Did you really expect them to keep a UDFA from a tiny school over a draft pick with an extremely high ceiling? I like Woodhead as much as the next guy, but do you really think he has a higher ceiling than McKnight? Let's not to be total homers here...

What exactly has McKnight done for the Jets so far?

Woodhead has far exceeded expectations for me with Patriots..I know it's only one game but the kid has all the moves, is shifty and fast...and already has a TD in the NFL....If he stays healthy, DW looks to be a nice versatile player for the Pats.....let's also see what he and Tate can do on ST's.....

Official member of the Woodhead Fan Club...:cool:

Last edited:
I don't think Woodhead will get that many touches simply from a durability standpoint. Right now he's a young player who doesn't have great size, if you start letting him take too much of a pounding it may be detrimental to him.

BJGE gets the bulk of the straight carries, and Morris/Woodhead split the third down duties.
I tend to agree...BUT I would not be surprised if Clayton gets some as well..He's a different type runner...so I think BJGE will get a lot...others mixed in. It all may depend upon the scheming of Miami's D..and what they show....

Did you really expect them to keep a UDFA from a tiny school over a draft pick with an extremely high ceiling? I like Woodhead as much as the next guy, but do you really think he has a higher ceiling than McKnight? Let's not to be total homers here...
Before McKnight was even in the mix with the Jets (Last year) Schotty never figured out how to use DW which is kinda inexplicable cause they used Leon W. effectively. Bringing Clowney back was the real head-scratcher when they haven't activated McKnight to date...maybe they will tomorrow and he'll show his propensity for fumbling (again). DW fits as a shifty 3rd down back - want to see him have great success in that role for the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots