PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Pats inquired about Martavis Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since then we’ve traded for Cooks and Dorsett, so it would seem as though they’re all set on speedy threats. Still have Hogan, Mitchell, Edelman. Don’t know where Bryant would possibly fit.

???
Belichick is about winning in the 2017 playoffs. Edelman and Mitchell are not likely to contribute much.

And they can also take decent passing targets and get nothing out of them

What young pro bowl level talented WR ever failed in the patriots system?

Wayne Galloway Holt Ocho ...those guys were on the wrong side of 35!

Interesting. If I were a coach, I'd be more than happyto ship out a player who didn't want to be there. His remaining can start to be a cancer in the locker room. If nothing else, if his salary wasn't too high, I'd send him home to cool his heels until he decided he wanted to play, or until I got a decent offer for him.
Exactly
Trade him to Cleveland or SF

He's a big baby. Pass.

???
Belichick is about winning in the 2017 playoffs. Edelman and Mitchell are not likely to contribute much.
Well, stronger consideration could be given to bringing Mitchell back if the hypothetical scenario (Hogan out for the year) were actually true; otherwise, we hardly need to trade for another WR after doing so twice already this year.

What young pro bowl level talented WR ever failed in the patriots system?

Wayne Galloway Holt Ocho ...those guys were on the wrong side of 35!

He’s pro bowl level talent?

I would still likely call Detroit and see if Calvin Johnson is available. He's still only 32 and would be a great pick up. Plus we have ties to Detroit's front office and if CJ81 wants to play for a contender I don't see why not he wouldn't un-retire for a half season + playoffs.

I would give up next to nothing to get him. He's one bad decision away from Josh Gordon territory and he doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed by any means. With that being said I can't see the Steelers trading him to a team they will be competing against for the top seed in the AFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back