Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Thought this was a pretty good write up by Rapoport that takes the reader through Aaron's history at the tight end position.

Aaron Hernandez fit for position - BostonHerald.com

FOXBORO - Originally, Aaron Hernandez wanted to be a running back. After that, a receiver, which is where he played as a freshman on the Bristol Central (Conn.) High varsity.

As a sophomore, coach Doug Pina approached Hernandez about making a final switch. Already almost 6-foot-2 and nearly filled out to his current 245 pounds, it was time to embrace reality.

Only Hernandez wasn’t feeling the tight end position.

Interesting article. Hernandez was truly a draft steal and we are all glad to have him on the team. Also, I don't see him as the next Dallas Clark because he is in a league of his own IMO. He's a little smaller, yet strong and has great hands. He's only a rookie and if he stays healthy, I see him having a better career than Clark.

He's been exceptional so far, and picked up everything so quickly. Quite a steal in the 4th round too. I was a bit concerned with drafting so many Gators, thinking BB might be putting too much faith in what Meyer has to say, but all 3 kids have been solid so far.

His emergence, made the Moss decision easier...

It's also worth noting that he's only 20 years old. It's scary that he has a ton of room and time to improve.

It's also worth noting that he's only 20 years old. It's scary that he has a ton of room and time to improve.

...and under Palpatine's tutelage at that! :D

I still don't understand how he fell to us in the fourth round. With his production so far you could easily have taken him in the second (maybe even the first) without regretting it.

Character concerns plus injuries gave us one hell of a player.

I still don't understand how he fell to us in the fourth round. With his production so far you could easily have taken him in the second (maybe even the first) without regretting it.

Character concerns plus injuries gave us one hell of a player.

Well, injuries dropped GRONK to the second round, while character concerns (mainly about the wacky tobacky) dropped Hernandez to the fourth.

BB must have been laughing all the way to the bank. :)

Well, injuries dropped GRONK to the second round, while character concerns (mainly about the wacky tobacky) dropped Hernandez to the fourth.

BB must have been laughing all the way to the bank. :)

It's amazing that smoking a little pot in college drops a player's draft status multiple rounds. I'm sure the whole organization is glad he took a few puffs.

Hernandez is great at what he does but he really should not be classed as a tight end because he has no blocking skills.

Hernandez is great at what he does but he really should not be classed as a tight end because he has no blocking skills.

what???? so the main criterion for a TE is "blocking"????

Play offs??????

I look at the whole package...... aaron is fantastic

It's amazing that smoking a little pot in college drops a player's draft status multiple rounds.

I think there were 2 things going on. One is that it wasn't just the positive marijuana test, there have been rumblings that Hernandez was a notorious wild man in college. The other is that this was a deep tight end class that could end up to be historically good.

Gresham has been every bit as advertised. Gronk looks like a stud. Moeaki has been huge in KC. Reports are that Baltimore is happy with both ****son and Pitta. Even players taken well after Hernandez, like Byham & Eldridge, are getting good buzz. Etc. With so much talent available, guys fall -- and it's easier to pass up on a guy with any character question marks, lucky for us!

Even players taken well after Hernandez, like Byham & Eldridge, are getting good buzz.

So, it wasn't just Hernandez that was getting a good buzz? :D

Last edited:
It's amazing that smoking a little pot in college drops a player's draft status multiple rounds. I'm sure the whole organization is glad he took a few puffs.

absolutely......... I loved Hernandez at Florida. He was a 1st round talent that we grabbed in the 4th.

We took Price ahead of Aaron:(

we drafted excellently :cool:

Their losses' is our gain

Luckily BB has no issue with those who like to partake in the wacky tabacky.

Luckily BB has no issue with those who like to partake in the wacky tabacky.

When a guy BB's age is best buds -- as it were -- with Jon Bon Jovi, it's a pretty safe bet he's partaken of some interesting chemicals himself.

For the fans that always piss and moan when BB trades back in the 1st round, worth reiterating that the Hernandez pick was the compensation we got for trading down in the 1st round, from #22 to #24 with Denver.

Denver has gotten less production from Demaryius Thomas, who they traded up for, than we have had out of Hernandez. If the Broncs offered us Thomas for Hernandez today, straight up, we'd laugh at them. We actually got Hernandez and McCourty for that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back