PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss is a Titan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is I don't care.

I don't care that BB cheated on his wife. I care that he is football genius. I don't care that Bill Clinton had a blow job in the Oval Office. I care that he balanced the budget. I don't care that Randy Moss is a prick that berates the waiter. I care that he can catches TD when he plays for Pats and hopes he doesn't when he is on an opposing team.

Moss is an a-hole. An a-hole that is also a freak of nature that can catch ball nobody could even Jerry Rice. But still an a-hole.

I root for laundry. Sometimes that laundry is worn by people I genuniely like such as Woodhead. Sometimes it is worn by people who I think are a-holes such as Moss or Willie Andrews. Either way I root for the laundry.

What bothers me is when people pretend that their players are saints (not referring to the New Orleans team) and the players on the other team are a bunch of villians. Fact is Patriots have some decent people who play for the team and some guys I would not want to be around. And that is true for every team.

With the exception of the Jest. ;)

This titans thread is funny.

Your face when you learned the Titans claimed Moss - goTitans.com

jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

LMFAOOOOO!!!

That_makes_me_Moist_by_moistplz.jpg

As a side note, surprised that a lot of them don't seem too thrilled with the move.

Shucks.

I was hoping that the Pats would get a same day addition of two instead of only one Probowl player(s) to the team, with the best record in football at midseason.

Titans @ Pats Wildcard round! Book It!!!!

LMFAOOOOO!!!

As a side note, surprised that a lot of them don't seem too thrilled with the move.

I take responsibility for warping the thread :), good to see your active as always KontradictioN, excuse me I have pie to remove from my face.

There are two wild cards in each conference.
I think he meant NE/NYJ and Pitt/Balt will account for two division winners and both wild cards, i.e., which ever team doesn't win the division will be a WC. I think this is probably right:

AFCE = NEP
AFCN = PIT

AFC WCs = NYJ & BAL.

Last edited:
LMFAOOOOO!!!

i was eating a sticky bun when I saw that ... ewwwww.

Guess you're super confident we're going to win the division.

We had better win it, because right now it looks like a dogfight between potentially 5-6 teams for those 2 wildcard spots.

Excellent quote from a guy who hasn't lived up to his potential.... what ever it was coming from PIT to be a starter for TEN. I think the reaction locally in Nashville is shock right now. The Titans have never been the type of team to ever try to get a high profile name player. There's a buzz here that hasn't been felt in a long time. Of course most here know what he brings good and bad. Yet knowing Britt is out 6-8 weeks it's acceptable to them.

There's no truth to the rumor that the Titans also promised Randy the job of assistant coach of the chow line.

The food is better in Nashville...

Could very well be in the AFCCG. They have few weaknesses and a coach on BB's level.

I think he's a perfect fit for them. A coach that people respect (and who has almost total job security so Moss can't run him over), a dynamic running game, a solid defense, and now, a legit deep threat. Good thing their QBs aren't that great.

I think he's a perfect fit for them. A coach that people respect (and who has almost total job security so Moss can't run him over), a dynamic running game, a solid defense, and now, a legit deep threat. Good thing their QBs aren't that great.

I think VY has a better deep ball than Brady. Brady lofts it too much, by the time it gets there, the two safeties are crashing in on Moss. VY throws a faster flatter ball. Not always super accurate but we'll see.

I hope he tears it up there. For his sake.

The Moss move is to free up space so teams don't stack the box against Johnson as much. That said the Titans are stupid and run the ball stupid amounts when it's not working getting CJ his touches. With Britt possibly out for a few weeks with injury it makes sense.

I'm kinda pleased we're RB by committee.

Not too much of a committee lately, though it's working well!!

Good to see you convertedpatsfan been a long time, hope you and your family are well. Its pretty fun. Where hoping now we can get our team together and meet you at Dallas. Then we have a game that trumps the Colts game. I dont think any would dispute a Brees VS Brady, Payton VS BB, Saints vs Patriots, Super bowl would not break last years watching records. Where trying to make it. We wanted it last year, hoping the boys can make it happen. Guess if we do Ill have to post on the Colts board for advise:)
Ya, Im with you hope Moss finds what hes looking for, I like the guy.

I would absolutely love to play the Saints in the SB this year if only so we have the chance to make up for the embarrassing turd we laid down in New Orleans last year!

Some more links to stories about Moss from the (Nashville) Tennesseean:

Titans get Randy Moss | tennessean.com | The Tennessean
In the 1998 draft, the Titans picked receiver Kevin Dyson at 16th overall because Fisher said “our personnel department felt like Kevin Dyson was a better fit.’’ Then-GM Floyd Reese said character concerns caused the Titans to stay away from Moss, who was taken by the Vikings five picks later.

“You don’t always make the right decisions,” Fisher said. “The draft is an imperfect science and we’ve had No. 1’s who haven’t panned out for us.’’

Fisher could be the right coach for Moss | tennessean.com | The Tennessean
If anyone can handle the ups and downs that come with Moss, it might be Titans Coach Jeff Fisher. While Moss’ most recent coaches — Minnesota’s Brad Childress and New England’s Bill Belichick — are considered strict disciplinarians, Fisher is seen as a players’ coach.

“You have a coach there with the patience of Job, but at the same time he’s not an enabler,” said Solomon Wilcots of NFL Network and CBS. “It’s not like he just sits back and lets guys do what they want.

“Here’s a guy who’s dealt with Pacman (Jones), who dealt with Albert Haynesworth and who has shown patience with Vince Young through his career. Here’s a guy who led his organization on a three-year nomadic wandering through the wilderness and still produced 8-8 records. I don’t know another man who could have done that.”

Q&A: Randy Moss & the Titans | tennessean.com | The Tennessean
Where does he rank among the all-time great NFL receivers?

The numbers say he's near the top of the list. Here are a few receiving stats to chew on:

• He has 10 seasons with 1,000 or more receiving yards, second only to Jerry Rice (14).
• He has 64 100-yard games, second only to Rice (76).
• He has led the league in touchdowns five times, behind only Rice (6) and Don Hutson (9).
• He has scored 153 touchdowns, second only to Rice (197).
• He holds the record for receiving touchdowns in a season (23).
• He's a seven-time Pro Bowl selection and four-time All-Pro selection.
• He currently ranks ninth all-time in receptions, fifth all-time in receiving yards, fifth in average receiving yards per game.

What they are saying about Randy Moss | tennessean.com | The Tennessean
"He was professional, respectful, he was a team guy. I think a lot of the stuff that you see and hear gets overblown. The guy speaks his mind. He's very truthful with what he says and that doesn't always play well. He was a great teammate."
— Titans quarterback Kerry Collins, who played with Moss for a year in Oakland

"I welcome him with open hands. It's a guy I can learn from being another receiver ... and he can definitely help with our offense."
— Titans receiver Kenny Britt

"I'm just glad he's out of the division."
— Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher

Interesting note: Vince Young leads the lead in percentage of passes thrown over 15 yards in the air. Tom Brady is tied for second to last. How well that works out for the team remains to be seen, but it looks like a good place for Randy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes