Raiders @ Texans Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Saturday

4:35: Raiders @ Texans (ESPN)

I'll genuinely enjoy this game, I'm guessing it will be a competitive-bad-football game and is the most relevant to us as the winner is most likely coming to Foxboro. Both are lay ups for the Pats, but give me the Texans. There' already a proven track record of whopping their ass, with the most recent being with BRISSETT at quarterback.

8:15: Lions @ Seahawks (NBC)

Would love the Lions to win this one, but I'm feeling this will be the unwatchable blowout of the weekend. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's still a game by halftime

Sunday

1:05: Dolphins @ Steelers (CBS)

I actually want the Steelers here. The Dolphins are the best (though not saying much) of the three potential teams we can play next week, and I don't want to give the Chiefs a layup to the AFC Championship game with the Raiders/Texans. I'm guessing this one will never get out of hand, but the Steelers will keep around a 10 point lead for the majority of the game in a overall unexciting win.

4:40: Giants @ Packers (FOX)

Easily the best game of the weekend, two teams that can legitimately win the Super Bowl. Rooting for the Packers here as I hate the Giants even more than I hate the Jets and despite all their flaws, we all know the track record. Giants will either be going one-and-done or make the SB imo. Eli Manning has played 12 seasons and has not won a playoff game in 10 of them, all of his wins came in the two SB runs (2007, 2011) alone.

Raiders @Texans

TDs > INTs

or

INTs > TDs

Well the games are finally here. I got the texans and seahawks tomorrow. It wouldn't surprise me if the dolphins played the steelers to a close game. I got the steelers winning. I hope the packers beat the giants but haven't the giants owned them in big spots?

Well the games are finally here. I got the texans and seahawks tomorrow. It wouldn't surprise me if the dolphins played the steelers to a close game. I got the steelers winning. I hope the packers beat the giants but haven't the giants owned them in big spots?
3-1 vs. the Giants in the regular season under Rodgers, but the Giants won their lone playoff game during the 2011 season divisional round when the Packers had a 15-1 record on the year.

3-1 vs. the Giants in the regular season under Rodgers, but the Giants won their lone playoff game during the 2011 season divisional round when the Packers had a 15-1 record on the year.

Well let's see if mr rodgers can do his part where it counts the most. Weather will be very cold.

I think the Dolphins need a lot to go right if they expect to beat Pittsburgh. So I expect Pittsburgh to win it in the bitter cold.

I think Houston should be able to put away the raiders.

It's a pretty lackluster slate of wildcard games this year except for the NYG/GB matchup.

Fingers crossed for the Lions, Steelers and Giants. Don't care who wins in the Oakland/Houston game.

I obvioiusky would prefer a Steelers win but I think that game will be a lot closer than people think

It's a pretty lackluster slate of wildcard games this year except for the NYG/GB matchup.

Fingers crossed for the Lions, Steelers and Giants. Don't care who wins in the Oakland/Houston game.

Sure, they aren't SB favorites, but the games should be competitive. And -HELL YA- the intense, win or go home mentality will be there, and THAT is what makes any playoff football worth watching.

Can't wait!

Over/under 20 combined points scored in OAK/HOU matchup? I'll take the slight over.

Are we sure Tannehill getting injured isn't a good thing for the Dolphins?

I mean, he was pretty mediocre before the injury. And Moore's numbers in a much smaller sample size are better. Actually, even when you compare their careers in Miami, Moore has the better numbers.

If they were both 3rd-round picks, Moore would have won the starting job. But due to draft status, Tannehill has always gotten the job by default. This injury might help the Fins.

I mean, he was pretty mediocre before the injury. And Moore's numbers in a much smaller sample size are better. Actually, even when you compare their careers in Miami, Moore has the better numbers.

If they were both 3rd-round picks, Moore would have won the starting job. But due to draft status, Tannehill has always gotten the job by default. This injury might help the Fins.

My take is that in terms of passing ability it's essentially a wash but Tannehill is much more athletic than Moore and adds an additional wrinkle with his running ability.

Been a Lions fan for 60 years and a Pats fan for the last 20.. It'll never happen but my ultimate super bowl would be the Lions vs the Patriots. My favorite would be the Pats but i'd still be okay if the Lions won..

I will be cheering for the Raiders (then Steelers tomorrow). I want a rematch with them badly.

I want GB to beat the Giants and they probably will.
I want Oakland to beat Houston but Houston will win.
I want Miami to beat Pittsburgh but Pittsburgh will win
I want Detroit to beat Seattle but Seattle will win.

I want the Pats to win the SB and they probably will win.

Moore in 15 degree weather on the road?
The Steelers mindset about the weather will be "bring it on." The Dolphins will be "Oh, sh!t." That'll determine the game before it even starts.

Current lines (for you amusement):

Spreads and Approximate 'to win' odds for favorite
HOU -4.0 (~67%) OAK
SEA -8.0 (~80%) DET
PIT -10.5 (~87%) MIA
GB -5.0 (~71%) NYG

Road teams not getting much love this weekend.

If I had to pick an upset, I go with OAK. Like really, what has HOU done this year. Do they even have a positive PF/PA differential for the year? And its not like their QB situation is anything to write home to grandmama about. If Carr wasn't out, that's all we'd hear about.

Giants packers will probably be the only good game.

Steelers and seahawks win , may not be blowouts but dont see either game really being in doubt.

Raiders texans will be like 2 90 year old guys fighting on the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back