PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders rumored to offer Brady 2/60M

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing that too...until someone asks for a link, reference, or source.

Jeremy Schaap said it this morning on ESPN...not sure who he heard it from

That’s the crazy thing though, say they go with Stidham, they’d actually have the cap space to sign weapons, this roster wouldn’t be “this roster” if that makes sense.

Maybe two weapons or one oline guy and a weapon. Do you think that's enough to offset the difference between having and not having Brady on the team? I don't. I don't think they can win the division in that scenario.

But if Brady goes I agree with you that signing weapons to support the rookie QB is the way to go rather than waste the extra cap space on a bridge gap QB.

I'm not saying Brady picks the team. It would be more a Lebron in LA situation. "Yo Tom, we like these 4 guys, if all things were equal who do you see being a better fit, name your two favorite and we can't promise anything but if they agree to sign we'll go after those two targets preferentially." Something like that. BB has a list and he confers to Brady to see which ones Tom sees fitting better into the offense with him. Then he prioritizes getting those guys if they are willing to sign for the right price.

NOTHING TO LOSE? Well, nothing other than control of the team!

Why not let Brady choose a new GM who would answer to Brady on all personnel decisions?

Belichick will NOT give Brady the power to choose players in the draft or in free agency. No, not even a "wink" "wink".

There don’t have to be any special promises or instructions, because Belichick attempts to improve areas of weakness every single offseason, and anyone can see that WR was a huge problem in 2019.

Raiders are an interesting franchise right now. Young with some good talent sprinkled around. Good running back with Jacobs, productive te in Waller, have picks 12+19 in first 3 3rd rounders and a high 4th. Have the ammo to move up and get the best wr in the draft. Have cap room to sign free agents. Yes its the Raiders but I’m not sleeping on them. If they knock this draft out of the park and were somehow able to lure Brady and some other key free agents to Vegas it would be a very intriguing team to watch for sure.

I hope not. Would like to see him make one last run here.

The problem is that they do not have a problem at QB, Derek Carr isn't an average Andy Dalton QB either, they need to work with what they have already. Bet if Carr is available he won't have any trouble finding a team to play with.

maybe im wrong but i feel like money isnt going to be the deciding factor for brady

If I’m Tom Brady, I’m calling up all the FA that would interest me and start recruiting to the Pats or another team.

Tom and AB to the Raiders is a possibility as the Raiders really never wanted to release him.

28 more days......

What's the draft comp if the GOAT at the most important position by a factor of 10 signs elsewhere as a FA?

I guess a 3rd is the max, right?

Max of a 5th for 10+ year veterans.

Well then, they should trade back to the 6th and make it "the Brady pick."

As per schefter and jeff darlington , its tennesse,raiders and new england in that order

What's the draft comp if the GOAT at the most important position by a factor of 10 signs elsewhere as a FA?

I guess a 3rd is the max, right?

5th max because he is a ten plus year veteran.

from OTC....

Players who have ten or more accrued seasons may only yield a maximum of a 5th round compensatory pick, even if their actual value would otherwise be assigned higher. See Alan Faneca in 2009, who only awarded Pittsburgh with a 5th round pick instead of a 3rd despite his contract, playing time, and postseason honors.

As per schefter and jeff darlington , its tennesse,raiders and new england in that order

I could see the Raiders promising him Brown and Kupp to go along with Waller, Renfrow, and Jacobs

I could see the Raiders promising him Brown and Kupp to go along with Waller, Renfrow, and Jacobs
Brown’s status is going to be nowhere near resolved by the time Brady is picking a team.

Can't wait till March 17th, all of this will be over.

This is so ridiculous, how could anyone know that info at THIS moment ? SVN, not shooting a dislike at YOU, but at the ridiculous premise by Schefter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes