Raiders cut DeAngelo Hall after 8 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Further proof that Al Davis has lost his mind:

Raiders cut ties with Hall after 8 games - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Don't get me wrong, if a guy's not playing up to snuff he should get cut... but midway through his first season with your club? Davis is way, way too impatient about everything these days.

Take a look at what some of the players there are saying:

“I’ve never been in a situation where you cut one of the best players,” said safety Gibril Wilson, another of the team’s offseason acquisitions. “That’s strange to me. It’s almost like we’re throwing in the towel.”

Hall was supposed to form one of the top cornerback duos in the league with Nnamdi Asomugha, but struggled from the start of the season as he adjusted to the Raiders’ man-to-man defense.

Asomugha said the recent moves have led to some players being tentative on the field, afraid that they could be next to lose their starting job or spot on the team.

“There’s been some things that have been going on, some shakeups, that I haven’t agreed with,” Asomugha said. “Like I said, I’m not allowed to speak on it because we’re just supposed to shut up and play. But you ask me if I agree with it? I don’t agree with it.”

On a related note, I was driving on Monday when I heard on the radio that in their 24-0 drubbing by the Falcons, the Raiders didn't get even ONE first down in the entire first half. :eek: Even a freakin' college team could have made one first down against the Falcons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes