PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quick Thoughts on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

NG Pats Fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I attended the game tonight, my thoughts

1. Defense played outstanding against a dangerous offense. I have been critical of D in the past, but tonight they sold me. They are a good NFL defense. Pats had great disguises all night.

2. Devin Mccourty made an awesome play on that interception. Defense was in a Cover 2. Mccourty got a great read on Wallace and turned his hips and anticipated the ball perfectly.

3. Great penetration all night from our D line.

4. Malcolm Butler was awesome. Great coverage, great tackling

5. Malcolm Mitchell got great separation all night. Hopefully he will continue to get more targets. He beat man coverage all night

6. 116 passer rating, 3 TD 408 yards against number 1 ranked D. Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time and deserves the MVP this season. Nuff said

7. Brady's TD pass to hogan was beautiful. The crowd went wild. As clutch a play as we've had all season. Momentum had shifted, defense was tired. We needed number 12 to save us. He delivered like always.

8. Offensive Line was solid all night. A team strength this year. Very reliable. Thuney will be a 5x probowler in his career. Destroyed people all night in pass and run protection. Mason will be a probowler too, he is a beast pulling guard. We have two young star guards tied up for the future.

9. Love our tandem of rbs. Blount always gets the tough yards, James white has become a force catching the ball out of the backfield. Lewis is explosive. White burnt a very good lb in Mosley for 60 yards.

10. Cyrus Jones needs to be benched for the remainder of the season. Not only did he touch the ball with his foot, but he STILL could have jumped on the ball and recovered it, but instead stood around and did nothing. Inexcusable. Right now, he does not have the smarts to play football in the NFL. I won't even get into the 50 yard bomb he gave up later on when Perriman blew right past him in man coverage

Huge win great all around win. Very balanced team tonight. This is a championship caliber team

Last edited:
A agree with most of what you said. Mitchell was open all night and Brady just needs to look for him. Hogan is making plays, when asked, which is fantastic. I think this team is in a much better position than last year when Gronk went out for a few games.

I personally thought the Ravens would win this game and win big. Call me shocked and happy! The Pat's D is for real and can be counted on. Brady is Brady and should NEVER be counted out.

5. Malcolm Mitchell got great separation all night. Hopefully he will continue to get more targets. He beat man coverage all night
Good to hear...that's one of the things you definitely see better at the game. Emphasizes again that Brady needs to stop locking in so much on Edelman. He's got a pile of weapons.

Good to hear...that's one of the things you definitely see better at the game. Emphasizes again that Brady needs to stop locking in so much on Edelman. He's got a pile of weapons.
I wonder if that was his problem with the interception. It appeared that Edelman & Hogan ran a criss-cross, and that Brady hoped one of them would spring loose. I still have no idea why Blunt wasn't used at all during that goal-to-go series. I would've ran him and/or Dion Lewis 3 straight times. Running Jimmy White up the middle on first down? Stupid.

I wonder if that was his problem with the interception. It appeared that Edelman & Hogan ran a criss-cross, and that Brady hoped one of them would spring loose. I still have no idea why Blunt wasn't used at all during that goal-to-go series. I would've ran him and/or Dion Lewis 3 straight times. Running Jimmy White up the middle on first down? Stupid.
Yep, that was stupid. On the plus side, Brady got that pick out of his system...

Huge win great all around win. Very balanced team tonight. This is a championship caliber team

Was there an abundance of Ratbird fans in the house or just a few? Nice writeup

Good write up. But one thing, folks are saying Dion looks explosive, I just dont see it. Maybe im missing something but I cant recall seeing him break anything great quite yet, granted he hasn't had many chances. If I have missed something Im happy to hear where I missed it.

Good write up. But one thing, folks are saying Dion looks explosive, I just dont see it. Maybe im missing something but I cant recall seeing him break anything great quite yet, granted he hasn't had many chances. If I have missed something Im happy to hear where I missed it.

He's still the quickest a/k/a shiftiest back on the roster, but he's not back to last year's level.

Agrew that Dion isn't quite back yet, but even when Gronk came back in 2014 he wasn't really himself yet until what was it..4 or 5 games into the season?

Dion might just be the secret weapon at the Donks. He played I believe the fewest snaps of the 3 RBs.

Was there an abundance of Ratbird fans in the house or just a few? Nice writeup
I only saw one poor Ravens fan all game long, at least from the TV feed. I'm interested in hearing from someone who attended, though.

Concerning the o line. I thought this was thuney's worst game of the year. He really got pushed around. I am hopeful he is not injured but maybe he is hitting the rookie wall.

As s run blocker whether set or on the move mason is a beast. His power is too much for most dt's. A couple of years with Dante and he will learn technique and leverage and then he will be the best run blocking guard in the nfl, sadly his pass protection still needs tons of work.

My biggest concerns defensively are the corners not named butler and van noy's missed tackles.

Not that stupid, pushed the pile a bit and picked up 4 or 5 yards

Not on 1st/goal from the 2 he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes