PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QUESTION: If the Patriots had gone down to Jacksonville and won handily.....

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

if the Pats had won in Jacksonville easily they would ....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
would they have even put an offer in for Gordon or would they have been satisfied with the WR Corps we currently have?

B.B. plays chess, remember that
yeah I believe he would have went after Gordon anyways but when the team is winning handily Belichick doesn't like drastic changes in the midst of the season as well so you can look at it both ways

BB would never react over one game. If he thinks JG2 is a fit he'd go for him.

Last edited:
Belichick doesnt make decisions based upon one game.

Belichick doesnt make decisions based upon one game.
I think the fact that there is no one to take up the slack once Gronk is taken out of a game plan by a solid defense certainly helps make the decision to give Gordon a shot easier than it would have been if Dorsett went off for 100 yards receiving against that Jags secondary and with Edelman returning soon - the receiving corps is laughable against a solid D and this was a move that virtually has no consequences but certainly this team is desperate for a game changing long ball threat.

I think the fact that there is no one to take up the slack once Gronk is taken out of a game plan by a solid defense certainly helps make the decision to give Gordon a shot easier than it would have been if Dorsett went off for 100 yards receiving against that Jags secondary and with Edelman returning soon - the receiving corps is laughable against a solid D and this was a move that virtually has no consequences but certainly this team is desperate for a game changing long ball threat and with Gordon available it was a no brainer

I think the fact that there is no one to take up the slack once Gronk is taken out of a game plan by a solid defense certainly helps make the decision to give Gordon a shot easier than it would have been if Dorsett went off for 100 yards receiving against that Jags secondary and with Edelman returning soon - the receiving corps is laughable against a solid D and this was a move that virtually has no consequences but certainly this team is desperate for a game changing long ball threat.
The players he has aren’t different than they were before that game. He wasn’t surprised and learned what his players were in one game.

I think he still would have gone after Gordon as BB probably knows we don't have much behind Gronk and Edelman. Why not take a low risk chance on someone who might turn out to be a great player and the answer to Brady's dreams if he can get his head on straight. A big IF, but not an impossible one.

I’d have started a 19-0 thread. No doubt.

"have perhaps put in a very low bid for a trade for gordon but not tried hard to obtain him"

Fifth round pick seems like a pretty low bid.

Wasn’t likely to keep Cooks with the $ he was gonna get, and I see why they traded him. But beyond his numbers which were good (not great) he did something I had been hoping for since Moss left: he opened up the field.

Safety’s had to respect Cooks speed. That opened up underneath routes and also the running game. Great D’s were able to crowd the middle of the field and could leave 1 on 1 outside. Cooks opened that up, and I think Gordon if his head is on straight can do the same. He will command safety help or we will see him open a lot 1 on 1. Can’t double everyone. If Gronk doubled that likely leaves Gordon 1 on 1 and vice versa. Then throw Edelman into the mix and it has the potential to be a hell of an offence. Just hope he keeps his head on straight.

I think it’s unlikely Bill does anything as a knee jerk reaction.

I believe he’d have inquired about Gordon regardless of the outcome. A player obtained on the cheap with as much potential as he has could be a rare find

Wasn’t likely to keep Cooks with the $ he was gonna get, and I see why they traded him. But beyond his numbers which were good (not great) he did something I had been hoping for since Moss left: he opened up the field.

Safety’s had to respect Cooks speed. That opened up underneath routes and also the running game. Great D’s were able to crowd the middle of the field and could leave 1 on 1 outside. Cooks opened that up, and I think Gordon if his head is on straight can do the same. He will command safety help or we will see him open a lot 1 on 1. Can’t double everyone. If Gronk doubled that likely leaves Gordon 1 on 1 and vice versa. Then throw Edelman into the mix and it has the potential to be a hell of an offence. Just hope he keeps his head on straight.

We never got to see Cooks, Edeman and Gronk together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back