PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QUESTION: If the Patriots had gone down to Jacksonville and won handily.....

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

if the Pats had won in Jacksonville easily they would ....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"have perhaps put in a very low bid for a trade for gordon but not tried hard to obtain him"

Fifth round pick seems like a pretty low bid.
a late 7th - perhaps mr irrelevant :)

We never got to see Cooks, Edeman and Gronk together
Yeah. I still think that woulda been bomb. If Gordon has his head and body right and everyone stays healthy, Gronk/Flash/JE11 will be Gronk/Cooks/JE11 on steroids. Oooh maybe the wrong metaphor. Gordon’s skill set is more complete than Cooks, but it affords the other two guys the same space to work in underneath and in the seams.

Probably. Win or not, WR has been a known issue for a while now.

BB is still building the team, every year players come and go throughout the season especially during the first few weeks. I don't expect this to be the last move before Edelman gets back.

Even if they won in Jax the Pats are woefully undeserved at WR, Gronk was neutralized and the rest were Ok, not great.

Consider game 5 Gronk, Edelman, White and Gordon(if he is still here) the Chiefs will look upon this team much differently..

This is less of a reactionary move, but more about the long game that BB is the master of...

Ray Lewis killed two guys, and hid the white suit he was wearing.

Probably. Win or not, WR has been a known issue for a while now.

The 06 teams was a couple minutes away from a Super Bowl - and Belichick went out and got Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

I think you're right on this one.

If the Patriots had gone down to Jacksonville and won handily.....
The naysayers would have had heart attacks

This is a strange decision, I didn’t want to get this guy but then I saw a few things and wondered if he might be doing dope because of losing every game for five years or so. I mean, if I played there for long, lol

The patriots are either being dumb on this or they are giving Gordon a life line. A superior athlete can’t deal with zero victory seasons and fans who’d rather see the Steelers.

I just love it whenever one of the basic rules of Logic is once again proven: "From a False premise, any conclusion that follows forms a 'True' statement." So, there's no way of being wrong. Fun!
"If the sun rises in the west, Tyree didn't make that catch at the end of XLII, the Pats stop the final Giant drive and finish at 19--0." True!
"If the sun revolves around the earth, Welker didn't drop that pass in the closing minutes of XLVI and the Pats run out the clock." True!
Magic! Seven Lombardis!

In this case, I think they would go after Gordon anyway and I know that my statement is 100% True! (Just like any statement you might make.)

Even if they had managed to pull that win out (and the Official throws the flag for Off-sides on the Jaguars when the Pats are punting a yard short of the Line to Gain, the Pats go on to get a TD, make it a one score game and the Jaguars throw up all over themselves and lose the game), it was still obvious that shutting down Gronk basically shut down a large part of the Pats' Offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes