PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB View Broadcast Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Seward

IAN 2020
Reaction score
I must say, the perspective live was incredible. The game becomes so easy to see from above facing downfield. Thank you fog for bringing us this opportunity, hopefully it sparks a broadcast revolution, but I doubt it will :(

It was really interesting. I was slightly annoyed, not being able to see (close to) the entire thing from the overhead but being able to watch the receivers running their routes and conversely the coverage as well as the holes forming for the running backs.

I think the definition of the line play and the development of the plays in the second level was so vivid. It's really a treat to see how geometric the alignments are from that angle as well. I would have loved to see Wilfork dominate lineman and blow up plays from this view.

I hated that view with a passion, but I did like it at the redzone.

I must say, the perspective live was incredible. The game becomes so easy to see from above facing downfield. Thank you fog for bringing us this opportunity, hopefully it sparks a broadcast revolution, but I doubt it will :(
I thought it sucked. I like the traditional broadcast view thank you very much.

I liked it. I'd like to see more of it.

It was unbelievable. Makes you feel like the QB, scanning the field, seeing what they see.

I've always wanted this POV from kick/punt returns as well.

No sir, I didn't like it.

I liked it especially on running plays. It was interesting for me to see a hole appear and see it disappear so quickly.

Do not really care, the view on Sun nite was interesting.. imo a healthy mix of both would be a good answer.

I'm a big fan of POV videos.
Get a pair of VR goggles and try it. You’re welcome.

EDIT: Just make sure nobody is coming home for a little while.

It was unbelievable. Makes you feel like the QB, scanning the field, seeing what they see.

I've always wanted this POV from kick/punt returns as well.

Except I'm pretty sure this would be the POV of a 10 foot+ tall quarterback standing quite a bit farther back from the LOS.

Bring the camera down to the 6' mark, put it in the middle of a pocket of huge angry linemen and throw a helmet on it and we might have a more accurate appreciation for how limited a quarterbacks vision truly is. ;)

---
Not a fan of the angle as a primary POV but would be fine to show more of it during replays.

Last edited:
Enjoyed having more of it, but it also made me miss Edelman more when thinking about how much cooler the angle would be watching him :(

In general I didn't like it and would not want it for future broadcasts......as a one time 'gimmick', yes, I thought it was interesting.

The biggest challenge was depth perception.

I liked it, especially the play where Hogan came across the middle from right to left and you could see him come open just as Brady did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News