PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Protocol for Cam's return - he could play against Denver if we get lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone, I posted this in the Post Game thread but it seemed like many people assume Cam is definitely out for Denver - that isn't the case based on the protocol.

Long story short, Cam is reportedly asymptomatic and has been the whole time. He was tested positive on the 2nd. Based on COVID protocol he can come back after 10 days regardless of continued positivity (day after the Denver game) or after 5 days (as soon as Wednesday) if he gets 2 negative tests in those 5 days. Even if he tested positive again today, let's say, if he tests negative twice between tomorrow and Saturday he would be cleared.

Obviously a lot of unknowns but we haven't heard of any additional positivite tests for him (at least that I've seen) so his availability for Denver is at least possible. Posting a screen grab from the NFL Ops page below for reference.

143.jpg

I hope so. Hoyer and Stid are puke inducing.

I hope so. Hoyer and Stid are puke inducing.
I'd like to see Stid with a week of actually preparing as first string and not coming in mid-game in a hole dug by his predecessor.

Nantz and Romo seemed to indicate he is asymptotic during the broadcast. That is big if true as he would at least have a shot to play Sunday.

Let's all pray together for his availability for Denver, another game with either Hoyer or Stidham is too much to bear

Nantz and Romo seemed to indicate he is asymptotic during the broadcast. That is big if true as he would at least have a shot to play Sunday.
Asymptomatic is good, but it doesn't mean he's not infected. Hoping for the best for both him and the Pats.

I feel BB will opt to sit Cam for the Denver game and give Stid his first start. Coming off the bye week, Cam should be good to go and we should know who will be QB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes