PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Props to Vinatieri!

I don't know which event of 2006 I found more enjoyable. Vinatieri signing with the Colts? Or Damon signing with the Yankees?

They were both great!

Yeah damon lead them to victor---um, nah, they lost. And Damon is getting older, and every year they don't win with an old relic in CF is a good year for the Sox.

Last edited:
Yeah, because the loss of Vinatieri meant so much to the Pats. If we had Vinatieri. We would have lost the AFC Championship game rather than losing the AFC Championship game. It doesn't seem like a difference, but ask any moron Colts' troll he he'll tell you there is.

Actually, if we had Vinatieri, we'd probably have LOST to the Chargers. . . . you think BB would have let AV try that 50-yarder now?

Last edited:
The Pats will be lucky to get a sixth round compensatory pick for Vinatieri.

I don't know how you say that. Vinatieri's salary averages $2.5 million a year. That should be a fourth or fifth rounder at worst. I might have jumped the gun with third rounder, but I think based on last year's compesatory picks it was a fifth rounder.

I think the Colts actually lucked out twice on Vinatieri.

If we had him, the Chargers probably would have played in the superbowl.

I don't know how you say that. Vinatieri's salary averages $2.5 million a year. That should be a fourth or fifth rounder at worst. I might have jumped the gun with third rounder, but I think based on last year's compesatory picks it was a fifth rounder.
I misspoke. I should have said they will most likely get a sixth rounder.

:rofl: Good one, the best of 2007 so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Colts would not have won the Super Bowl without Vinatieri, so I have to thank you for that.

Vinatieri had his best postseason ever, right? He only missed one kick, and that was in the driving rain. Still, he was 3 for 4 in the Super Bowl even with terrible holds. Vinatieri won the Raven game and only missed 3 FGs all year. This may have been his best year ever.

Vanderjagt would have shanked some of those kicks vs. the Ravens and Pats.

I noticed where one guy earlier in the thread said the Colts window is closing. The Colts either have the youngest or second youngest team in the NFL, I believe. Peyton is in his prime. Peyton is only one year and several months older than Brady. Addai is just a rookie. Harrison is the only one getting up there, but Reggie Wayne is ready to become the go-to #1 guy while Marvin will become the #2. The rest of the team is very young.

Actually, if we had Vinatieri, we'd probably have LOST to the Chargers. . . . you think BB would have let AV try that 50-yarder now?

Vinatieri just made a 51 yarder the day before vs. the Ravens.

Colts/Bolts sounds like a Charger fan to me, so you are probably making him happy with this.

Beyond that, had the Chargers shown the same amount of stupidity and made the same mistakes vs. the Colts, they would have lost by more than 3 points. I can assure you of that.

Not only that, veteran FA will now be willing to accept less money to play for the Colts knowing that the Colts give them the best chance of winning a ring.

How many players took less money to play for the Steelers last offseason? How many players did the Pats take at a cheaper price during their three Super Bowl run because of the chance to play for a Super Bowl contender? More importantly, how many players did the Pats lose because they had their rings and wanted to get paid and didn't care as much about winning since they already won?

The Pats had two named players take less money to come to the Patriots during their run that I can think of. One was Rosevelt Colvin and the other was Corey Dillon. Only Bruschi and Brady took major hometown discounts to stay with the Pats. As for players looking for money rather than staying and trying to continue the dynasty, I can think of Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Tebuckey Jones, Ted Washington, Damien Woody, David Givens, Deion Branch, Adam Vinatieri, Matt Chatham, Tim Dwight, and David Patten.

So this whole wanting to play for a championship contender thing is bogus. They may choose a championship contender if the money is close, but they aren't going to take a huge discount. Besides, the speculation about Dungy retiring soon will offset that since no one is going to want to sign with a team to play for a championship if he thinks the head coach could retire after the season.

Last edited:
Vinatieri made a 51 yarder the week before vs the Ravens so I don't know why you would make a stupid statment like that.

AV made 14 of 15 FG in the playoffs and 7 of 7 PAT's. The guy was NAILS.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/FG/2006/post

I thought you were posting from Yankee Stadium? I wish you would stay with one name or the other..............Colts/Bolts or Yankees/Colts.

Either way you should be banned for bad taste.

I don't think the Colts have any UFAs they want to keep except Freeney and maybe Rob Morris. Freeney isn't going anywhere. Rob Morris won't be in high demand and won't go anywhere.

Just as accurate, huh?

The fact say otherwise.

AV was 25 of 28 on FG this year (38 of 38 PAT)

Gostkowski? 20 of 26 FG and 43 of 44 PAT.

Advantage: Vinatieri

The Pats have a younger kicker who kicks the ball further for cheaper money (and is just as accurate).

I guess this bi-troll doesn't get enough attention in the interleague forum so he comes here looking for it and guess what - it gets it.

I know it's slow and rehashing Asante sign or tag is boring but these forums are basically what the members make them, and if you allow trolls to dominate (by driving their threads) they will just start multiplying like the vermin they are. If they know they get nothing here but mocked in a lightly subscribed interleague forum they lose interest quickly and crawl back to mommy's basement.

And if we can't self police as a group, which is what ignore would do, then the mods should do what they are actually empowered to do, lock 'em and/or move 'em IMHO. And if the trolls can't play by the rules and keep their mindless smack talk in that forum, they should be locked out of this one or canned altogether.

Engaging them only rewards them and then you end up with them spewing their crap into exsting threads in an attempt to hijack them. It's a long off season with potentially lots to talk about - that crap just makes it tougher to have reasonably intelligent Patriots related discussions here - which is what this forum was intended for.

:trolls:

What is your problem, MoLewis?

I'm just here engaging in some legitimate conversation about ex-Patriot Adam Vinatieri. Got a problem wit dat?

I guess this bi-troll doesn't get enough attention in the interleague forum so he comes here looking for it and guess what - it gets it.

I know it's slow and rehashing Asante sign or tag is boring but these forums are basically what the members make them, and if you allow trolls to dominate (by driving their threads) they will just start multiplying like the vermin they are. If they know they get nothing here but mocked in a lightly subscribed interleague forum they lose interest quickly and crawl back to mommy's basement.

And if we can't self police as a group, which is what ignore would do, then the mods should do what they are actually empowered to do, lock 'em and/or move 'em IMHO. And if the trolls can't play by the rules and keep their mindless smack talk in that forum, they should be locked out of this one or canned altogether.

Engaging them only rewards them and then you end up with them spewing their crap into exsting threads in an attempt to hijack them. It's a long off season with potentially lots to talk about - that crap just makes it tougher to have reasonably intelligent Patriots related discussions here - which is what this forum was intended for.

:trolls:

Vinatieri made a 51 yarder the week before vs the Ravens so I don't know why you would make a stupid statment like that.

AV made 14 of 15 FG in the playoffs and 7 of 7 PAT's. The guy was NAILS.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/FG/2006/post

On that 51 yard kick the ball just made it through by bouncing off the cross bar. I don't see how that inspires confidence about his leg strength.

The past three years he was here Belichick wouldn't have him try anything over the high forties.

Just as accurate, huh?

The fact say otherwise.

AV was 25 of 28 on FG this year (38 of 38 PAT)

Gostkowski? 20 of 26 FG and 43 of 44 PAT.

Advantage: Vinatieri

One missed FG was kicking on crappy sod. Another two were blocked.

Good luck next year when Adam's kicking kickoffs to 10 yard line and kick anything longer than a 45 yard field goal.

Last edited:
The Colts would not have won the Super Bowl without Vinatieri, so I have to thank you for that.

Vinatieri had his best postseason ever, right? He only missed one kick, and that was in the driving rain. Still, he was 3 for 4 in the Super Bowl even with terrible holds. Vinatieri won the Raven game and only missed 3 FGs all year. This may have been his best year ever.

Vanderjagt would have shanked some of those kicks vs. the Ravens and Pats.

I noticed where one guy earlier in the thread said the Colts window is closing. The Colts either have the youngest or second youngest team in the NFL, I believe. Peyton is in his prime. Peyton is only one year and several months older than Brady. Addai is just a rookie. Harrison is the only one getting up there, but Reggie Wayne is ready to become the go-to #1 guy while Marvin will become the #2. The rest of the team is very young.

The Colts aren't any younger than the Patriots. The Problem is that the Colts are getting older at key positions. Harrison is a 1300 yard WR, but he cannot do that forever. Even if become a #2, it will be a huge drop off in talent if he even becomes a 1000 yard WR. So that is a big deal. The o-line is getting old at it's most important positions - LT and center. That is also huge.

Age of the team doesn't mean as much if the key players are the ones getting old. I wasn't talking so much about Manning as the players around him.

Also, the Colts unlike the Pats have a huge amount of money tied up to four or five players. It will even be worse if they resign Freeney because he will be paid the highest d-lineman contract in league history or close to it. That is going to hurt them in retaining other free agents. The Pats don't do that.

You're right. Adam BLEW a HUGE kick in that Denver game, and realized it was time to get out of town, because he is starting to miss cheap shot field goals (as in the 2 against New England this year, and the one EASY one in the Super Bowl). He had to salvage his reputation, so he took off and went to miss kicks for Indy.

I give a lot of credit to Vinateiri - I agree.

Let the record show that in order to end their string of Playoff Chokes, the Colts had to import a Patriot player to teach them how to win.

Congratulations to AV!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back