PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Props to Vinatieri!

Colts Bolts

Banned
Reaction score
I just wanna say props.

Props to Adam Vinatieri for winning ANOTHER superbowl ring!

Not only his he great a kicking an oblong ball through the uprights, he is also very shrewd.

After that 27-13 kicking in Denver last year, ol' Adam must have realized that the Patriots window to win another superbowl was closed.

He was a clutch kicker in need of a Championship caliber team and the Colts were a Championship caliber team in need of a clutch kicker.

A marriage made in heaven!

He got his 4th ring and the contract he deserves, to boot. (to boot, ha ha. Get it?)

Props to you Adam Vinatieri! You da man!

I just wanna say props.

Not only his he great a kicking an oblong ball through the uprights, he is also very shrewd.

After that 27-13 kicking in Denver last year, ol' Adam must have realized that the Patriots window to win another superbowl was closed.

He was a clutch kicker in need of a Championship caliber team and the Colts were a Championship caliber team in need of a clutch kicker.

He got his 4th ring and the contract he deserves, to boot. (to boot, ha ha. Get it?)

You're right. Adam BLEW a HUGE kick in that Denver game, and realized it was time to get out of town, because he is starting to miss cheap shot field goals (as in the 2 against New England this year, and the one EASY one in the Super Bowl). He had to salvage his reputation, so he took off and went to miss kicks for Indy.

I just wanna say props.

Yankee fan.

Pleez tell me that you Pats fans aren't bitter just cuz Adam decided to move on to "greener pastures".

You're right. Adam BLEW a HUGE kick in that Denver game, and realized it was time to get out of town, because he is starting to miss cheap shot field goals (as in the 2 against New England this year, and the one EASY one in the Super Bowl). He had to salvage his reputation, so he took off and went to miss kicks for Indy.

Pleez tell me that you Pats fans aren't bitter just cuz Adam decided to move on to "greener pastures".

No, just confused by your name. It would seem to imply a childish attachment of two NFL teams but I realize it may just be some sort of homosexual reference.

What do you eat down there that makes your bulls**t green?

Pleez tell me that you Pats fans aren't bitter just cuz Adam decided to move on to "domed pastures".
I fixed it for you... dam knowing his skills are starting to erode went to a Dome team to allow him to look better than he is for a couple more years - age has a way of doing that to players

hahaah colts bolts....

he loves the bolts b/c they were 14-2 and had the mvp...and he loves the cotls b/c they just won a superbowl....

next season....he'll come back as the cardinal niners b/c they'll start to look like good teams....

I just wanna say props.

Funny, he went from a team that window is closing to a team that window is just about shut. Shrewd move. He knew he could have a shot at one more Super Bowl and then coast downward with the Colts as they slide.

If he stayed with the Pats, he knew he would have to make important kicks in big games for the next 3-4 years. The Colts only have about a year or two left to be a serous playoff contender and then he will have no pressure into his twilight years. In two years, he can sit at home come playoff time and watch the AFC South champs -Tennessee Titans have to face the Pats in the playoffs.

The Pats have a younger kicker who kicks the ball further for cheaper money (and is just as accurate).

Who's bitter? I think the Pats are better off without him. I like Gostkowski more at this point. He is younger, cheaper, and we should get a third or fourth round compensatory pick for Vinatieri. Besides, Gostkowski is worlds better at kick offs than Vinatieri and has been as clutch as Vinatieri.

Name one thing Vinatieri did in the playoffs that Gostkowski didn't do? In fact, only one of the two kickers made a clutch game winning field goal in the playoffs and it wasn't Vinatieri.

I have felt for a while that Vinatieri has been overrated for past accomplishments. He was horrible in 2003 and even in the Super Bowl that year eventhough his last second field goal erased the memory of a horrible performance by him in that game. He has been injury prone in his last few years (and this year did nothing to erase that) and he ain't getting any younger. I will always appreciate what he did in the past for the Pats, but I was not upset to see him go. I am happier we have Gostkowski than overpay for Vinatieri who's health is going to be a question mark going forward with his back problems and injuries this year.

I love how you Pats fans are trying to cover up for your teams deficiencies by telling yourselves that the Colts won't be good next year.

Let me tell you something. The Colts are locked and loaded and will be at the top of the NFL for a long time. Manning, Wayne, Harrison, Addai, Sanders, Vinatieri. These guys ain't goin nowhere!

Not only that, veteran FA will now be willing to accept less money to play for the Colts knowing that the Colts give them the best chance of winning a ring.

Funny, he went from a team that window is closing to a team that window is just about shut. Shrewd move. He knew he could have a shot at one more Super Bowl and then coast downward with the Colts as they slide.

If he stayed with the Pats, he knew he would have to make important kicks in big games for the next 3-4 years. The Colts only have about a year or two left to be a serous playoff contender and then he will have no pressure into his twilight years. In two years, he can sit at home come playoff time and watch the AFC South champs -Tennessee Titans have to face the Pats in the playoffs.

By the way, I love how Colts fans talk about the Patriots' window closing. It seems that they forget that it took a last minute Colts' TD and a ill-advised bad throw by Brady to have the Colts and not the Pats go to the Super Bowl. As bad as the Pats played in the second half of the AFCC, they could have easily won that game if one or two plays went the other way. It wasn't like the Colts destroyed the Pats.

And the thing is, the Pats have more draft picks and tons more cap space to get better this offseason. The Colts on the other hand can basically try to keep what they have together and that is no guarantee since Cato June will probably be too expensive and someone is going to pay Dominick Rhodes to compete for serious playing time.

Keep telling yourself that, Willie. It will help to ease the pain of another season down the drain!

The Pats have a younger kicker who kicks the ball further for cheaper money (and is just as accurate).

I love how you Pats fans are trying to cover up for your teams deficiencies by telling yourselves that the Colts won't be good next year.

Let me tell you something. The Colts are locked and loaded and will be at the top of the NFL for a long time. Manning, Wayne, Harrison, Addai, Sanders, Vinatieri. These guys ain't goin nowhere!

Not only that, veteran FA will now be willing to accept less money to play for the Colts knowing that the Colts give them the best chance of winning a ring.

Who said next year I say in a couple of years. Harrison isn't getting any younger. Neither is Glenn or Vinatieri or Saturday. Those guys are starting to hit the age of diminishing returns.

Sanders isn't going anywhere other than the injury report. Good for you! You have an All Pro who can actually be healthy enough to play 4-6 games a year.

The Pats have deficiencies, but so do the Colts. The horrible running defense may have been covered up in the playoffs, but it probably won't in a 16 game season especially if Rob Morris, Cato June, and a few others are gone. The Colts weren't the most talented team in the league and finished the regular season with the same record as the Pats and never lead the Pats in the AFCC until there was about 1 minute left in the game. The Pats and Colts aren't far away from each other talentwise and the Pats have tons of cap room and two more first day picks to get better.

The Pats will most likely be better next year because they have the flexibility to upgrade a lot of areas. The Colts can only maintain and do minor upgrades. The Pats were "this close" from winning a conference championship and the Colts were 'this close" from losing. The Pats are still on a upswing with tons of room to get better while the Colts are on a decline just holding it together while key stars are getting past their prime.

...we should get a third or fourth round compensatory pick for Vinatieri...

The Pats will be lucky to get a sixth round compensatory pick for Vinatieri.

Keep telling yourself that, Willie. It will help to ease the pain of another season down the drain!

Yeah, because the loss of Vinatieri meant so much to the Pats. If we had Vinatieri. We would have lost the AFC Championship game rather than losing the AFC Championship game. It doesn't seem like a difference, but ask any moron Colts' troll he he'll tell you there is.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back