PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Focus individual grades for Patriots roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember that one deep throw, and was already in "WTF?" mode when Brady reared back to launch it. I was hoping that it would just go over everyone's head, but it was short and the two defenders had Dorsett boxed out from coming back for it.

IIRC, Dorsett did make the tackle before the defender could get real far, though. Same as he did on the Miami play.
Tom needs to be comfortable and with Dorsett he wasn't comfortable. Nobody's fault specifically.

I'm actually optimistic about Dorsett. I still think he's limited but there is no denying hes got good quickness, knows how to sit in a zone and can catch the ball reliably.

A fast Jabar Gaffney....

Tom needs to be comfortable and with Dorsett he wasn't comfortable. Nobody's fault specifically.

I'm actually optimistic about Dorsett. I still think he's limited but there is no denying hes got good quickness, knows how to sit in a zone and can catch the ball reliably.

A fast Jabar Gaffney....

rob if Dorsett have good quickness he would get open sooner and catch more passes. I think he's a one trick pony who's also a questionable route runner. This might sound weird but I think Coradarelle Patterson have more upside in this league as a receiver than Dorsett. Also unless Dorsett comes up Big in the Playoffs he's going to have a miserable FA.

rob if Dorsett have good quickness he would get open sooner and catch more passes. I think he's a one trick pony who's also a questionable route runner. This might sound weird but I think Coradarelle Patterson have more upside in this league as a receiver than Dorsett. Also unless Dorsett comes up Big in the Playoffs he's going to have a miserable FA.
Patterson is a playmaker. He should get the ball.

Dorsett is a fine WR4. Hes gotten better as a route runner.

Malcolm Brown, horrible player. Constantly pushed around .Shelton stinks too

So all the linebackers are not great except for Bentley who was awesome ???

Well, at least they showed Shaq Mason a little love, naming him the best guard in the NFL

RG – SHAQ MASON, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Second Team: Zack Martin, Dallas Cowboys

Unfortunately for Martin, the two highest-graded guards in the NFL both play on the right side. Mason, though, is one of the most dominant road-grading run blockers in the league today. What took his game to the next level this year was allowing a career-low 16 pressures.

So Mason should have graded as elite and over 85. Lawrence Guy sounds correctly, surprisingly ranked as elite.

....Now I disagree because really no one looks at PFF as an "objective stat", but rather a "player grade." PFF itself calls it just that; a player grade, too. Big difference. Grade means "to evaluate or rank," like teachers who grade their students. It's an evaluation process. An informed opinion. So, yes, I acknowledge I may disagree with PFF grades. Now, I know I disagreed with certain professors after they graded, say, my essay on an exam. But I'm still interested in their evaluation. Same for PFF.

Except that's exactly how they want it to be taken and the reason they normalize to a meaningless 100 scale. Grading essays is generally a garbage practice, frankly, that reveals nothing more than the biases and preferences of a single grader and we'd be better off without it entirely. Maybe you'd be interested in observations and evaluations, but the application of a numerical or letter grade to such a thing is a practice steeped in ********. The best professors I know don't grade for precisely this reason. (The significant learning benefits of getting rid of grades (essay) | Inside Higher Ed)

On top of that, at least with essays there's an understanding that the grades are more or less a rank within a class or whatever. You simply can't compare an A in Prof. Johnson's American History to an A in Prof. Wood's English Lit, everyone knows these are two different professors with different biases and standards. But that's exactly what PFF purports to do, by ranking players against one another.

I would rather do the "eyeball" test/evaluation

Go Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back