PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pregame Preseason Thread 8/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac hit the wall last year.

Maybe it's not a bad idea to shorten his season a bit, if Mr No Days Off agrees.
Mac's stronger and has better cardio than he did last year, also he has done it once already and better understands what it takes to play a full season.

None of the Patriots or Giants starters are playing tonight because the two head coaches spoke and agreed that neither side was ready for it. They'll roll the starters out in game two of preseason.

Rookie watch time

Who the hell would trade for Aghalor’s contract?
A team that needs a proven WR.

He has a one year deal for 9.9 million, that can easily be absorbed by any team.

I want to see who he goes up against. If Herron is at LT and Cajuste is at RT, those should be good matchups. I think it also will tell us if Cajuste is a good option at RT, depending on Wynn's health status. If not, we know Herron is not the answer at RT, then we might be looking at moving Onwenu back there.
So you're saying this could be a Cajustement period? :D

Three games in the preseason. No starters in this one. While I know BB is high on joint practices, pun intended, I just don’t see why this isn’t the prime chance to get the offense some real reps. Giants are a Bill friendly franchise, no one is trying to get hurt, get the reps. I don’t buy the « they are so far behind they’d fail and people would cry » narrative…
When have starters played in the 1st preseason game under BB?

Who the hell would trade for Aghalor’s contract?
Agholor is due approximately 9million this year I believe, which is a bargain for what receivers are getting paid. Perhaps a team who is desperate for a wr - Dallas, Cleveland etc.....Personally, I don't think it will happen, but Kyed's point was that it is a possibility.

He has had a good camp, we are deep at the position and Thornton has impressed so far.

makes 0 sense why they are eliminating possible game reps with a new offense

it depends…if Daboll and Bill agreed ahead of time to put back ups in tonight it would explain a lot. Mac and the starters going up against 2nd and 3rd stringers makes little sense in the first preseason game.

When have starters played in the 1st preseason game under BB?
Only during covid… traditionally starters have always played in game 2 or 3.

it depends…if Daboll and Bill agreed ahead of time to put back ups in tonight it would explain a lot. Mac and the starters going up against 2nd and 3rd stringers makes little sense in the first preseason game.
The Giants are playing a lot of starters.

makes 0 sense why they are eliminating possible game reps with a new offense
Only thing I can think of is that they put more weight on joint practices (probably for good reason) vs preseason games.

History has shown guys are less likely to be any good if they have terrible names and Bailey Zappe is one awful name. It’s even worse when you hear it. He has his work cut out for him.

Aside from Thornton, Pierre Strong is a guy I’ll be watching for tonight.

The Giants are playing a lot of starters.

Then Hoyer is going to get his ass kicked against the Giants defensive front of Thibideau, Williams, Lawrence, and Ojulari...sucks for him

Id think as many live reps against an actual team in game action would help see where the offense is truly at. To me, theyre missing an opportunity for that. Joint practices are great, im sure theyll help...But they arent game reps. With less games, youd think theyd get a series or 2 at least

Only thing I can think of is that they put more weight on joint practices (probably for good reason) vs preseason games.
I agree. I think they can control so much more in the joint practices. Down and distance, repeating plays, and probably some ability to limit injuries a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next few years preseason games are gone and replaced with joint practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back