PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pregame Preseason Thread 8/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the hell would trade for Aghalor’s contract?
The Raiders are by far the most likely option:

Win-now team in a super competitive division
Second most cap room
QB that he had success playing with
Offensive scheme that he knows
Joint practices for them to get a fresh look at him
Their projected #3 WR has never had a 230 yard season

The only starters I would have in there is the Oline...but I'm not the coach and that's a good thing.

Second most cap room

Well Josh would be doing Bill quite a solid.

Who the hell would trade for Aghalor’s contract?
Yeah that would be a hard $9Mill to eat knowing they are cheaper alternatives *for other Teams that is*. So if we cut him we eat $5Mill dead money it's only 5Mill: IF that's the case I suggest we keep him WR's do get banged up.

Well Josh would be doing Bill quite a solid.
Ziegler, Lombardi, Schuplinski, Hardegree, Bricillo, Graham as well. Agholor had 896 yds with Carr throwing him the ball. They have had a successful history together.

Good piece by Lazar regarding best players so far in camp...polled a few Pat beat writers: Agholor has had a really good camp so far, don't think he's getting traded. Could be a lot worse things than having good depth at wr.

Best/Favorite player in Training Camp so far? (and you can't say Christian Barmore)
Davon Godchaux. He's brought a lot of energy to the defensive line and the defense as a whole. So far, the d-line has had the upper hand over the o-line throughout camp and he's a big reason why. He was given a hefty contract extension at the beginning of camp and his practice performance indicates he knows what is expected of him. -Fred Kirsch
Nelson Agholor – He's been the most consistent player at camp and gets open with regularity. -Paul Perillo
Barmore would be an easy choice, he's been a beast. Otherwise, give me Mac Jones. Yes, the offense has had their struggles, but Mac has shown good ownership and delivered some awesome throws to just about all of his weapons. I'm excited to see how he looks once it all starts to click. -Mike Dussault
Nothing groundbreaking here, but DeVante Parker's early chemistry with Mac Jones gave glimmers of hope with the offense having so many off days. That first contested catch he made on Day 1 really set the tone for the rest of camp, and Tuesday was another strong showing to keep him fresh in our memories. -Alexandra Francisco
Tyquan Thornton. Observing a rookie wide receiver with legitimate field-stretching speed who knows how to use it is exciting for the team. Thornton had some eye-opening reps in one-on-one drills during practice. -Evan Lazar
DeVante Parker. He's been a threat on the field, especially in contested catches. His size and athleticism have been a tough matchup throughout camp. -Tamara Brown

Second most cap room
Nice hope Nelson Agholor lights it up against his old Team.:cool:

We have to wonder how much they like WR Kristian Wilkerson maybe he's ready to make that next step.:cool:

Thornton, Strange, Nixon, and Jennings is who I'd like to focus on tonight...not sure if Strange is going to sit because he is a starter though
Cole Strange is still a Rookie who needs work.

I want to see better LB play tonight. We need guys who flow better to the ball and I don’t want to see their name running downfield. In terms of overall D, I want to see multiple guys in an area and less guys on an island being the only one to make a play.

Offensive Tackles Yodny Cajuste and Justin Herron are worth watching moving on from Isaiah Wynn-Lose would be nice. :)

Normally I wouldn't watch much of the first preseason game especially with most of the starters out, but there are a lot of back ups that could be fighting for starting rolls (or at least significant role players) that will play that have a lot of buzz like Ray, Jennings, Cajuste, and Bledsoe.

$9 million isn't a lot of money for a WR anymore. When the top receivers are getting north of $20 million, a guy who can be an ok starter is a bargain at $9 million.
Rob let's not get carried away if Agholor was on another Team same scenario BB wouldn't be Trading for him. The Patriots are not the smartest minds in the game: that said those WR's who are making $20Mill are Great!

Hoping LaBryan Ray gives them a tough time and more importantly stays healthy , everything crossed !!

Health, no injuries above all else - please.

I am having problems with my Game pass membership so may not be able to watch the game at all.....pain in the ----

I am sure there will be highlights somewhere (tomorrow)

]
Rob let's not get carried away if Agholor was on another Team same scenario BB wouldn't be Trading for him. The Patriots are not the smartest minds in the game: that said those WR's who are making $20Mill are Great!

Different teams have different needs/wants. Decent WRs that are outperforming their first contract will come with a much lower cap hit, but will come at a much higher draft capital cost. Some teams value draft capital over draft space, and I could see a WR needy team be willing to take the cap hit without having to surrender valuable draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back