Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Cincinnati

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As we wait to find out the final seedlings and our first round playoff opponent, I’m wondering who would you rather see the Patriots face, and why?

Great news - NFL just announced Pats play Saturday no matter which opponent it is. If it’s Bengals, it’s 4:30. If it’s Buffalo, 8:15. Cardinals/Rams is the Monday night game.

I’d rather face Buffalo first, get them out of the way. I think the Pats could beat them in the first round of the playoffs, less confident if they’ve played and won a playoff round before facing them again. i think the Pats would get up for the first round, too much chance of not being at the same level second round. Buffalo seems to me to be the tougher opponent so let’s tackle them right away.

I honestly prefer Buffalo. Cincy is such an unknown. Buffalo you know what you’re getting. I really wanted another crack at them after last time. The Bengals are so explosive, I think it’d be better to avoid them until you have to play them.

Buffalo. Just seems like it would be more fulfilling to pull off the upset against the Bills. We're not going far in these playoffs, but it would be nice to shut another fanbase down.

I'd prefer it to play better than we have been, no matter who it is.

Bengals can quickly run up the score against us .. but no matter what in post season we need to play the best ...

So it shouldn't matter .

buffalo went to the AFCCG. bengals havent won a playoff game since 91. Bengals. But looks like chargers are going to lose.

I would slightly prefer the Bengals

but...If I get ahead of myself and think of what happens IF the Patriots win next Saturday, it might be better to be the 6th seed, which would pit them vs. the Titans, assuming the #7 seed loses to KC. I think the Patriots match up better with Tennessee than with KC

i dont think pats will be able to beat buffalo twice on the road. The whole thing about weather and toughness will only fuel them more. Wouldve preferred the bengals but my god the chargers are dumb.

Cincy. I like JC vs Chase

It would be nice to knock Buffalo out

It doesn't matter. Either team has smarter coaches than the Pats oc

no AFC team is backing into the playoffs like the Patriots. I don't think it matters whom they play. Saturday night in buffalo will be the most raucous crowd this team has faced in eons. they have a rookie QB and a conservative philosophy. it will take +1 turnover minimum, 50% minimum on third down, and 24 pts minimum - and that's if the defense shows up and actually makes buffalo punt.
I sure hope captain conservative doesn't think he's going to rush for 150 in buffalo and only pass on third down. you can't expect to win by punting on 4th and half a yard from the 50

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back