PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Bucs record and Brady's stats 2022

crawhammer

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Quickly going through the Bucs schedule...

LOSS @ Dallas
LOSS @New Orleans
WIN Green Bay
WIN Kansas City
WIN Atlanta
WIN @ Pittsburgh
WIN @ Carolina
WIN Baltimore
LOSS LA Rams
WIN Seattle
WIN @ Cleveland
WIN New Orleans
LOSS @ SF
WIN Cincinnati
WIN @ Arizona
WIN Carolina
WIN @ Atlanta

I can envision a slowish start to the season with Godwin possibly not ready by week 1. Ultimately I don't see more than 4 or 5 losses on their schedule so 13-4 or 12-5 which will win their division. I think their season ends with a loss in the NFCCG or the SB (unless it's Bucs vs Bills then Brady wins that one).

Brady will have another pro bowl season (his record 16th) and be in the MVP conversation (but won't win it). Currently the WR and TE depth isn't as good as it was the last two seasons. A lot will depend on the recovery of Godwin and how well Gage fits into the WR3 spot. They could still add a veteran WR and/or TE with several interesting names still available. They should get decent production from their RBs in the passing game and running game (although their running is probably screwed if Fournette gets injured). They lost both starting guards from last season but acquired Shaq Mason, drafted Luke Goedeke, and will be promoting Aaron Stinnie as a starter. They have pro bowl calibers starting tackles. They should have a lower top10-ish defense.

Prediction for Brady’s number...

4930 yards
38 TD
9 INT

Probably going to be Brady's last season and he'll go out still playing at an elite level. It's amazing how his detractors continue to doubt him and try to diminish his accomplishments as now a mid-40-year-old quarterback.

Our resident Brady hater MAC10 continues to argue Brady is washed up and can't beat any good teams, only the bad ones (despite going 6-3 against teams with a winning record and being an MVP finalist last season). He says Brady's going to suck without Gronk and AB and facing a difficult schedule. Granted he also thinks Peyton Manning with a quarterback rating of 56.6 won MVP of SB 50. Sorry, Brady is the only quarterback in the history of the NFL with a Super Bowl Ring and Super Bowl MVP with two different teams.

Quickly going through the Bucs schedule...

LOSS @ Dallas
LOSS @New Orleans
WIN Green Bay
WIN Kansas City
WIN Atlanta
WIN @ Pittsburgh
WIN @ Carolina
WIN Baltimore
LOSS LA Rams
WIN Seattle
WIN @ Cleveland
WIN New Orleans
LOSS @ SF
WIN Cincinnati
WIN @ Arizona
WIN Carolina
WIN @ Atlanta

I can envision a slowish start to the season with Godwin possibly not ready by week 1. Ultimately I don't see more than 4 or 5 losses on their schedule so 13-4 or 12-5 which will win their division. I think their season ends with a loss in the NFCCG or the SB (unless it's Bucs vs Bills then Brady wins that one).
I think they go 13-4, same as last year. May be enough for HFA.
Brady will have another pro bowl season (his record 16th) and be in the MVP conversation (but won't win it). Currently the WR and TE depth isn't as good as it was the last two seasons. A lot will depend on the recovery of Godwin and how well Gage fits into the WR3 spot. They could still add a veteran WR and/or TE with several interesting names still available.
No depth at TE w/ Gronk out and 2 unknowns w/ their rookies. They need to do something here (vet signing).
They should get decent production from their RBs in the passing game and running game (although their running is probably screwed if Fournette gets injured).
Agree.
They lost both starting guards from last season but acquired Shaq Mason, drafted Luke Goedeke, and will be promoting Aaron Stinnie as a starter. They have pro bowl calibers starting tackles. They should have a lower top10-ish defense.
Yes.
Prediction for Brady’s number...

4930 yards
38 TD
9 INT
I think Mike Evans finally goes off in his 3rd year w/ Brady. He should top 40 TDs.
Probably going to be Brady's last season and he'll go out still playing at an elite level. It's amazing how his detractors continue to doubt him and try to diminish his accomplishments as now a mid-40-year-old quarterback.
It's amazing, never to be equalled again.
Our resident Brady hater MAC10 continues to argue Brady is washed up and can't beat any good teams, only the bad ones (despite going 6-3 against teams with a winning record and being an MVP finalist last season). He says Brady's going to suck without Gronk and AB and facing a difficult schedule. Granted he also thinks Peyton Manning with a quarterback rating of 56.6 won MVP of SB 50.
Yea I saw that. Lol, what an idiot.
Sorry, Brady is the only quarterback in the history of the NFL with a Super Bowl Ring and Super Bowl MVP with two different teams.
And in 2 conferences which makes it more impressive.

5478 yards 56 TD ;) thats not random take a look at the record books and you’ll see what I mean lol.

I’ll go 12-5. Unless injuries get in the way Bucs go all the way this year and Brady retires a champion the way it should be for the GOAT.

It's going to be tough sledding for the Bucs. Supporting cast on offense and defense are getting worse. With that being said, the NFC is so bad I still think they should end up in the NFCCG.

I'll go with 12-5.

40 TD's and 13 INT's.

Our resident Brady hater MAC10 continues to argue Brady is washed up and can't beat any good teams, only the bad ones (despite going 6-3 against teams with a winning record and being an MVP finalist last season). He says Brady's going to suck without Gronk and AB and facing a difficult schedule. Granted he also thinks Peyton Manning with a quarterback rating of 56.6 won MVP of SB 50. Sorry, Brady is the only quarterback in the history of the NFL with a Super Bowl Ring and Super Bowl MVP with two different teams.
LOL too scared to tag me?

You said in your post (that since got deleted):

Brady's the only quarterback with Super Bowl rings and MVPs with two franchises.

Brady did not win the MVP as a Buccaneer. If you are talking about SB MVP, you should have been more specific. And of course Venechump calls me an idiot without realizing you were wrong, so that makes him an even bigger idiot, but I digress. Manning, on the other hand, won the MVP and SB as a Colt and Bronco.

I will repeat what I wrote in the other thread before it got locked. Perhaps you can explain to me why Tommy Boy only played well last year against crappy teams. Here's a breakdown for you:

vs bad teams - 31 TDs, 5 INTs (Atl, Mia, Phi, Chi, Wsh, NYG, Atl, Car, Atl, NYJ), 6:1 TD/INT ratio

vs good teams - 12 TDs, 7 INTs (Dal, LAR, NE, NO, IND, Buf, NO), approx. 2:1 TD/INT ratio

In other words, he lit up the worst teams in the NFL last year while playing above average vs everyone else. Next year he doesn't have Gronk or Brown and is playing a varsity schedule.

vs good teams - 12 TDs, 7 INTs (Dal, LAR, NE, NO, IND, Buf, NO), approx. 2:1 TD/INT ratio
Combined 94 Rating against those teams. That’s bad?

No depth at TE w/ Gronk out and 2 unknowns w/ their rookies. They need to do something here (vet signing).
I believe Ko Keift is strictly a blocking TE and Cade Otton wasn't exactly a prolific pass catcher either (although he seems to have potential with his size and skill set). Word is Tampa Bay was fairly confident Gronk would be coming back so I think they've found themselves a bit behind the eight ball. Jimmy Graham and Jared Cook are still looking for a team but both are probably spent. Eric Ebron is younger and probably has enough left if he's healthy. I've heard Kyle Rudolph mentioned too but he's been on a steady decline for years now. Maybe Gronk resurfaces week 10 after Tampa Bay's bye?

Brady did not win the MVP as a Buccaneer. If you are talking about SB MVP, you should have been more specific. And of course Venechump calls me an idiot without realizing you were wrong, so that makes him an even bigger idiot, but I digress. Manning, on the other hand, won the MVP and SB as a Colt and Bronco.
More specific? I said Super Bowl rings and MVPs. You knew what I meant, you just flubbed your response. And I don't care if Manning won league MVPs with multiple teams, I'm talking about the Super Bowl where every single time Manning has played like a loser. He only has a ring with a second team because BB gagged up the #1 seed and HFA in 2015 and Denver's defense overcame Manning's ineptness with a dominating performance in SB 50. Overall, Manning 3 TDs and 5 INTs in 4 Super Bowls. Brady had 3 TDs in the 1st half of his 7th SB victory.

vs bad teams - 31 TDs, 5 INTs (Atl, Mia, Phi, Chi, Wsh, NYG, Atl, Car, Atl, NYJ), 6:1 TD/INT ratio

Firstly, two of the "bad" teams were over .500 and one made the postseason.

Secondly...

Brady had 4 TDs and a game-winning drive against Dallas.
He threw for 432 yards against the LAR. Against only 4 other times did the LAR even allow over 300 yards (including once to Brady in the postseason).
Brady was mediocre against the Patriots and BB still couldn't beat him.
Brady had 375 yards and 4 TDs against New Orleans on the road.
Tampa Bay beat Indy during a 12-game stretch when Indy's only two other losses were in OT.
Brady hit Breshad Perriman for a 58-yard game-winning TD in OT against Buffalo (what more do you want?).
Literally the entire offense went down with injuries against New Orleans... Godwin, Evans and Fournette with Brown and Perriman already out.

In other words, he lit up the worst teams in the NFL last year while playing above average vs everyone else.
LOL! Good point. I mean what are you trying to say here? Brady was at least above average against everyone? Is that supposed to be a criticism?

Next year he doesn't have Gronk or Brown and is playing a varsity schedule.
Ok so what's Tampa Bay's record in 2022? And give me an idea of just how bad you think Brady will be.

12-5 or 13-4

Losses to NO, Kansas City, Rams and Cincinnati/a team they have no reason losing to like last season vs Washington

Combined 94 Rating against those teams. That’s bad?

LMAO, Rodgers, Cousins, Stafford, Burrow, Prescott, and Wilson all had higher passer ratings than Brady did last year…

Brady had 4 TDs and a game-winning drive against Dallas.
He threw for 432 yards against the LAR. Against only 4 other times did the LAR even allow over 300 yards (including once to Brady in the postseason).
Brady was mediocre against the Patriots and BB still couldn't beat him.
Brady had 375 yards and 4 TDs against New Orleans on the road.
Tampa Bay beat Indy during a 12-game stretch when Indy's only two other losses were in OT.
Brady hit Breshad Perriman for a 58-yard game-winning TD in OT against Buffalo (what more do you want?).
Literally the entire offense went down with injuries against New Orleans... Godwin, Evans and Fournette with Brown and Perriman already out.

In other words, other than the Dallas and first New Orleans games, Brady would have had 4 TDs against quality opponents last year...that's great to know.

Fun fact - only two QBs had a lower passer rating against Belichick than Brady did lol

I thought this was a Patriots site?

Where have you been the last few years? The site has become half NE and half Tampa...

LMAO, Rodgers, Cousins, Stafford, Burrow, Prescott, and Wilson all had higher passer ratings than Brady did last year…
Again, is that supposed to be a criticism? All of those quarterbacks had excellent passer ratings. As did Brady who had more TDs and passing yards than everyone. At age 44.

Fun fact - only two QBs had a lower passer rating against Belichick than Brady did lol
9 quarterbacks had a lower passer rating against Belichick than Brady. So besides being incredibly wrong again, I don't get what you're laughing at. Brady came into Gillette and beat Belichick with a pedestrian effort.

Again, is that supposed to be a criticism? All of those quarterbacks had excellent passer ratings. As did Brady who had more TDs and passing yards than everyone. At age 44.

9 quarterbacks had a lower passer rating against Belichick than Brady. So besides being incredibly wrong again, I don't get what you're laughing at. Brady came into Gillette and beat Belichick with a pedestrian effort.

He also had the second most passing attempts in NFL history....something you don't seem to understand.

So Brady is in the bottom 10 of all QBs Belichick has faced...that's good to know. And it wasn't Brady who beat Belichick. It was the Bucs kicker who was responsible for most of the Bucs points that day.

He also had the second most passing attempts in NFL history....something you don't seem to understand.

So Brady is in the bottom 10 of all QBs Belichick has faced...that's good to know. And it wasn't Brady who beat Belichick. It was the Bucs kicker who was responsible for most of the Bucs points that day.
Amazing to see how many of us are now talking just like Manning Colts fans a couple of decades after we all mocked their takes just like this one.

Also it was Belichick and the coaching staff who lost that game.

14-3 team record. Ideally Brady doesn’t need to throw as much as he did last year because that simply isn’t sustainable. Give me some ultra efficient 32 TDs 6 INTs backed up with a strong running game type of offense.

Amazing that all of you are predicting a 14-3 or 13-4 record with a former Jete head coach with a 24-40 record...

Not only that the Bucs look worse on paper than they did last year.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back