PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Super Bowl Thread- On to the Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably right. I'd never seen it there until Tuesday this week. Parked near the UPS,Fedex guys. I drive past there daily.
I took this pic last week from the plane I was sitting on at PVD (the day after the AFCCG). The weather was terrible and we pushed back and sat there for two hours and then the captain changed his mind and we deplaned. At least I got to see this beauty up close again!
IMG_2734.jpg

Who covers Gurley out of the backfield on those wheel routes. If he is healthy the Pats don't have an answer for him. Or do they? This a terrible match-up.

Damian Williams destroyed the Patriots in the 2nd half of the AFCCG beating linebacker coverage. How they handle Gurley is the key to this game defensively.

Since the Rams are more of a zone not power running team, the Patriots will play a lot more dime than you would expect so Gurley will be covered by a DB not a LB. I expect the Pats to play a lot of 5 man front with High and KVN on the ends. Being wider will help them set the edge better. No one is talking about it but the Rams OL doesn’t match up well with the athleticism of the Patriots’ front. That will come to a surprise to many of the experts on this board and in the media.

I think you’re also going to see a little more zone than usual and this is one reason why. The other is the Pats are going to really pressure Goff and in zone they’re more likely to get a pick or two.

spread 51% Patriots. But obviously they were one of the 2 books at -3 so that changes things.

But anyway I think this will all even out until kickoff. The huge bets are just coming in right now. Highest bet before was 35k. Now today there was the first 2million bet. If it was on the Rams things will change quickly...

That makes a lot more sense and explains why the line is where it is. Those reports of 90% of the action on the Pats with the line where it was made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Any word on Hightower illness and if he practiced today??

The Sweet Victory news is amazing, I just hope I am able to enjoy it come halftime.

Isn't there always some guy who places a huge (millions) bet at the last minute? He bet on Philly last year and that made me nervous.

They are going to play SpongeBob's Sweet Victory on the Half Time Show

**** me dudes, we have to win this **** now!

tenor.gif

Interesting article by Phil Perry:
How can you stop Rams? Coaches offer ideas

I liked this quote from a head coach who played the Rams this year, regarding the Rams offense: "It's the [bleeping] Patriots," the coach said. "They know what the [bleep] they're doing. I think you can hold this team under 30. They could score 30. They shouldn't score 40. The question is can the Patriots score 35?"

Did they say if Hightower had a food poisoning kind of illness or if it was a sniffles/sneezing kind of illness?

Lawyer is an interesting choice considering he was only here for the first ring and then left in an ugly situation.

Its just, if he was better within a day my money is on food poisoning. Most likely from one of those ATL restaurants

That makes a lot more sense and explains why the line is where it is. Those reports of 90% of the action on the Pats with the line where it was made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Citing one book (William Hill) doesn’t change the perception much. They are the only book to report a shift. All of the other numbers are heavy in NE’s favor.

I think the report from “The Ringer” is due to two things: 1) the podcast was taped early in the week, and 2) the majority of the action will occur this weekend. Still, I think they were exaggerating a bit with the “75-90 percent” statement, but I suppose that would depend on who they talked to.

Here is a decent breakdown that I found:

Super Bowl LIII Action Report: Late Rams Money Will Impact Line Movement - RotoGrinders

Love hearing that about Lawyer and BB.

Good to hear the reports from Reiss, although I take Belichick’s positivity with a grain of salt since he says the exact same thing every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST