PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Super Bowl Thread- On to the Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Mr. “Don’t whine about the refs on this show” Felger is claiming refs helped the Pats win and he won’t wear the ballgag.

What a 2 faced napkin wearing b*tch.

I think you mean 'What a successful media personality.'

Because that's all he is. And he's damn good at his job because people tune in and won't stop *****ing about him.

I feel pretty bad for Gordon. Pretty clear he's unwell but gave it his all while he was with us.

Imagine working your whole life to make it to a Super Bowl and relapsing during the one season where you might have made it if you could have just stayed sober.
Really is pretty crazy but who knows if they get this far with him .. The offense seemed to get better /more consistent once they stopped having to worry about having him involved.

But he made some big plays while here and even though he relapsed, really seemed to work hard and embrace being a Patriot while here.

Grande Romo indeed . transcended the art of game calling . because he's like still playing it . like he never really could - through goat coaches and goat qb

I never appreciated Romo and always expected him to crack when the game was on the line but seeing him talk about the game has given me a new perspective of him. I almost wish the guy had won a Super Bowl now.

They can spread it out a bit and now with Hunt not in the picture anymore I think they will be able to keep the three together.

The question is how much they can improve their defense.

They won’t be able to keep Hill/Kelce one will go you can’t pay a qb 200mill and pay everyone else. Hill/Kelce are at the top of there positions they’ll get top dollars

Nah but I feel like this is the last hurrah for both of them together. I’ve felt this way for a while. Win or lose, I think this is the last time we see BB and Brady as a HC/QB combo. I expect this comment to take a lot of heat. It’s more of a hunch
Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheat?

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhunch?

The replay is on NFL Network right now and it's almost as exciting. Brady to Gronk at the 3!!!!

What a stupid ******!
“OMG, the defender genitally touched the QB's face. It should not be a penalty because the touching must exceed 50 lbs of force."
Look at that stupid face. You cannot touch QB's face, PERIOD. The refs missed some calls on the Chiefs too. What a hot garbage.
Well, to be fair, if he touched Brady's face with his genitals, that should be a penalty. Possibly a felony.

They won’t be able to keep Hill/Kelce one will go you can’t pay a qb 200mill and pay everyone else. Hill/Kelce are at the top of there positions they’ll get top dollars

They can structure the QB contract easily in a way where Kelce will be way past his prime when the big numbers hit the cap. Don't forget TK is already 29. They won't have to pay Mahomes until Kelce is 31.

You do the math.

Well, to be fair, if he touched Brady's face with his genitals, that should be a penalty. Possibly a felony.
yeap, it came out funny and I was like "close enough".

So who does Jackie Slater root for? The team that he played for and is still employed by, or his son's team?

I apologize if this has been posted already, I haven't gone thru the entire thread yet.

Thanks so much for that. This is so much better than the castrated version we will get from the Pats. Nice nugget to hear that our OL actually is happy they get to face Suh. Also great little nugget with Hoyer/Slater about the coin toss.

I feel pretty bad for Gordon. Pretty clear he's unwell but gave it his all while he was with us.

Imagine working your whole life to make it to a Super Bowl and relapsing during the one season where you might have made it if you could have just stayed sober.

While ultimately the suspension is on him I am pretty pissed at the league for not at least letting him be with the team and in the facilities. If you really want him to get better at least give him a framework he can build on and some kind of minimal pay that prevents him from becoming desperate.

I think being around those people during a run like this can do wonders for your own mental health and also toughness.

Still buzzing --- Game finished around 3'30am Irish time, was up at 6.30am for work... Not one bit of work will be done today. I've the game highlights on repeat....That catch from Hogan in the 4th was outrageous .

The two third down conversations by White in the first half where he did a 360 while catching the ball were absolutely insane as well. And keep an eye on how long it took Edelman a fraction of a second longer than most people realized to secure the ball on the second third down in OT. It was still a bit loose before going down.

The entire win just shows how small the margins in this game often are. Sometimes you succeed despite bad drives but you can magically pull 3rd down conversion out of your ass. Sometimes the most surgical drive that looked like total perfection ends because of one mistake.

The corollary is that playing defense is just so hard these days. You can have a 90% success rate on plays but those 4-5 that you allow can be 14 points against an offense like the Chiefs.

While ultimately the suspension is on him I am pretty pissed at the league for not at least letting him be with the team and in the facilities. If you really want him to get better at least give him a framework he can build on and some kind of minimal pay that prevents him from becoming desperate.

I think being around those people during a run like this can do wonders for your own mental health and also toughness.
Dude is not 16 years old.

Men suffer the consequences of their actions. Well, men used to anyway.

I was not the impressed with Goff out there yesterday. He lost track of the clock and acted surprised when the 1st ended while the Rams we're at the line of scrimmage.

What an emotional game for me. Of course, I wanted the Pats to win badly. If they didn't play well I would be pissed I said to myself. Then there is the opening drive, 7 PTS, easy. Yeah, what a bummer for me when Brady threw an interception in the end zone. Then the Edelman missed catching the ball for an interception. Then KC ahead. Then we tie. Then we win. Just outstanding.

During the season I never thought this Patriots team would go beyond the first game of the playoffs. What do I know about the Patriots I have been a fan for 59 years?

After the game I called my Cardiologist, I was spent.

Congrats Patriots and all Patriots' fans

On to Atlanta for the SB.

Go Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes