PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Pats @ Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully they're rusty

Pierre Strong on 6 carries already had a longer run (44 yards) than Harris' longest (30) in 86 carries this year.....

I don't know Patricia maybe you should use a fast RB. IDK might just be me. I get Stevenson is a beast and Harris is the veteran but nuts how it took Stevenson and Harris being out for him to get a few touches.
Damien Harris is going to lose a lot of $$$$$$ in FA. He spends way too much time on the pine. Harris and Wynn/Lose will not get contracts with a lot of guarantees.

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office
Wynn is just now going on ir :rofl:
Yess yesss! BB have had enough of him I hope it's season ending.

Last edited:
Yess yesss! BB has had enough of him I hope it's season ending.

It essentially is regular season ending unfortunately since there are just 4 games left. If we make the playoffs he could return

Pierre Strong on 6 carries already had a longer run (44 yards) than Harris' longest (30) in 86 carries this year.....

I don't know Patricia maybe you should use a fast RB. IDK might just be me. I get Stevenson is a beast and Harris is the veteran but nuts how it took Stevenson and Harris being out for him to get a few touches.
Pierre Strong Jr is a breakaway runner he's our fastest RB. A year from now he and Rham will be the best RB Duo in the NFL Book it!

The Patriots will soon have their pass rush trio of Judon, Uche and Barmore
Don't forget Wise and Ekuale feeding off them. The O won't know who's coming.

Play action helps the line, not hurt it. You line Jones up under center and you run the play action (which the Pats are very effective at), it will slow down the rush. The whole purpose of play action is to make rushers bite on the run and hold up and coverage players to stop their pursuit of the receivers making receivers open quicker.

Running play action out of shotgun isn't nearly as effective.
It maybe surprising but our running game right now isnt all that effective. Rhamondre's hard runs mask it but we arent dominant running team in every game to threaten play action

Watching the Raiders, it's hard to predict how they'll do. The basic McDaniels offense is there: run up the middle out of the I behind Jak Johnson; get width by sweeps and reverses. They tried to use Mack Hollins the way that the Pats used Cordarrelle Patterson to terrorize the Bills.

Once they have Renfrow and Waller back as zone beaters, they should be pretty formidable. On the other hand, their collapse against the Rams was really poor. Mayfield just ran around a bit to break things up and threw to whoever got open.

If McDaniels gets to motivate them to play a tight game, it's going to be a hard test. On the other hand, surely, surely, surely, the Pats will get the O-line and play-calling fixed at last ...

It maybe surprising but our running game right now isnt all that effective. Rhamondre's hard runs mask it but we arent dominant running team in every game to threaten play action
We lacked cohesiveness along our OL there have been injuries and sickness. The RT position have been very inconsistent hopefully Yodny Cajuste can solidify it.

Last edited:

Hopefully they're rusty

Oh so they have TE Darren Waller and WR Hunter Renfrow back. :rolleyes: Two can play at that game we have TE Jonnu Smith back he's been in the witness protection program all year and was recently given his freedom.

I got raiders in this one. I just can't overlook the fact that Belichick isn't good against former assistants. 2-8 or some **** in his last 10 games on the road against them. Just get the feeling it's gonna be one of those "come back to bite you" games where people mockingly say "Belichick actually chose Patricia over Lombardi for OC"

Only slight hope is that Raiders defense has blown 4 or 5 games where they led by 13+ but then I realize Pats offense has scored 20+ points once since mid-October (I don't really count the 22-17 game against the jest, defense setup the offense for 3 points which should have ended in a pick-6 instead of 3 points if it wasn't for a ticky-tack roughing the passer)

Just get the feeling this will be the definitive exclamation point on the (very wrong) decision to make Patricia OC.

Last edited:
I got raiders in this one. I just can't overlook the fact that Belichick isn't good against former assistants. 2-8 or some **** in his last 10 games on the road against them. Just get the feeling it's gonna be one of those "come back to bite you" games where people mockingly say "Belichick actually chose Patricia over Lombardi for OC"

Only slight hope is that Raiders defense has blown 4 or 5 games where they led by 13+ but then I realize Pats offense has scored 20+ points once since mid-October (I don't really count the 22-17 game against the jest, defense setup the offense for 3 points which should have ended in a pick-6 instead of 3 points if it wasn't for a ticky-tack roughing the passer)

Just get the feeling this will be the definitive exclamation point on the (very wrong) decision to make Patricia OC.

I see a close game based on how well the defense plays. Raiders are better than the Cardinals without Kyler and this is a pretty good offense with Waller back. But their defense is terrible after Crosby and, maybe, Jones. Limit those two and you should be cooking with gas.

I don't know why people think that's ticky-tack. Mac got leveled well after the ball was out.

Just get the feeling it's gonna be one of those "come back to bite you" games where people mockingly say "Belichick actually chose Patricia over Lombardi for OC"

So generous of you, giving the Pats a “slight hope” against a 5-8 team. :rolleyes: I’m not feeling very confident myself by it’s absurd to think that a Raiders win is almost a sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST