PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wasn't Cajuste already hurt when BB stupidly traded Herron to Josh. Now we're relying on 34-year old Cannon, who many were frustrated by 10 years ago when he was young and healthy. Herron is no world beater, but he held up pretty well in his opportunities at LT. They must really be happy with Bill Murray as the only backup tackle after Cannon :rolleyes: But seriously, perhaps Stueber is progressing to the point of being ready to go soon?

So wasn't Cajuste already hurt when BB stupidly traded Herron to Josh. Now we're relying on 34-year old Cannon, who many were frustrated by 10 years ago when he was young and healthy. Herron is no world beater, but he held up pretty well in his opportunities at LT. They must really be happy with Bill Murray as the only backup tackle after Cannon :rolleyes: But seriously, perhaps Stueber is progressing to the point of being ready to go soon?
Herron was completely lost in pre-season and basically ushered defensive linemen to the QB or running backs. The only thing more efficient would have been for Herron to turn around and tackle the QB himself.

What's wrong with you people? Did your mother's not love you enough when you were little?

A 3 time Super Bowl champ is about to suit up for us again. He's a back up this time. Some things don't need to be overanalyzed and can just be enjoyed.

Try to keep up. We're talking about OL depth. It's a fv*&ng mess. We're one injury away to one of our two injury prone tackles to become a sh*t show.
I have the Patriots winning on the road in the Predict the Score contest because I'm running for President of the Dan Shaughnessy Society for Tomato Cans for Fan Boys.

Looking at the Patriots' offense, I'd say QB is a bigger depth issue today than OL. Combined, Brian Hoyer and Bailey Zappe haven't won a regular season game as a starter in the NFL since the Obama Administration. (2016). I wonder what Ryan Fitzpatrick is doing this afternoon.

But seriously, perhaps Stueber is progressing to the point of being ready to go soon?
He was placed on IR during the preseason and so is ineligible to return.

What's wrong with you people? Did your mother's not love you enough when you were little?

A 3 time Super Bowl champ is about to suit up for us again. He's a back up this time. Some things don't need to be overanalyzed and can just be enjoyed.
I appreciate that take. I'm trying to banish the doom and gloom.

Put it this way. We were likely to lose. They're a really good team, we're not proven to be good at all, and we weren't before the Jones injury. We had just seen Jones using Parker as the "true number one" it says he is on the tin, that's something. Now Jones is out. Meyers is out. Good to have Hoyer around. At his peak he could "not lose the game for you" but not as well as Jones was purported to be able to "not lose the game for you."

So yeah, we're looking at Hoyer the Employee, BUT -- believe it or not, this week, this is a positive thing -- to put it mildly, Mac was not playing lights out. It's a frustrating moment, because I felt with the connection he had with Parker in week 3 there were "green shoots" peeking through. But since we already had concerns, now Hoyer should be, we hope, a little closer to the QB he's replacing than the few times he came in for Brady.

And there's no pressure. If it were the JETE, it would be pressure. As Chris Rock would say, you're SUPPOSED to beat the JETE. You not SUPPOSED to beat the Packers. So, classic low-pressure set up. You can succeed, you can't really fail. (along those lines, if Hoyer stinks up the joint, it gives you latitude to put Zappe in... although I know many here think it's "throwing him to the wolves.")

But I mean, if we WIN this? That would drive a lot of insufferable narratives about how Jones was actually HOLDING BACK this team ( maybe Meyers too.) And God knows we'd hear how they finally embraced the playcalling they "should have been" dialing up when they were losing. All I know is it would be just a cool feeling to have that toughness proven out as their response to diversity. That is something to build on. Sorta.

Oh forget the rationalizing, just win for some reason known only to God.

Put it this way. We were likely to lose. They're a really good team, we're not proven to be good at all, and we weren't before the Jones injury. We had just seen Jones using Parker as the "true number one" it says he is on the tin, that's something. Now Jones is out. Meyers is out. Good to have Hoyer around. At his peak he could "not lose the game for you" but not as well as Jones was purported to be able to "not lose the game for you."

So yeah, we're looking at Hoyer the Employee, BUT -- believe it or not, this week, this is a positive thing -- to put it mildly, Mac was not playing lights out. It's a frustrating moment, because I felt with the connection he had with Parker in week 3 there were "green shoots" peeking through. But since we already had concerns, now Hoyer should be, we hope, a little closer to the QB he's replacing than the few times he came in for Brady.

And there's no pressure. If it were the JETE, it would be pressure. As Chris Rock would say, you're SUPPOSED to beat the JETE. You not SUPPOSED to beat the Packers. So, classic low-pressure set up. You can succeed, you can't really fail. (along those lines, if Hoyer stinks up the joint, it gives you latitude to put Zappe in... although I know many here think it's "throwing him to the wolves.")

But I mean, if we WIN this? That would drive a lot of insufferable narratives about how Jones was actually HOLDING BACK this team ( maybe Meyers too.) And God knows we'd hear how they finally embraced the playcalling they "should have been" dialing up when they were losing. All I know is it would be just a cool feeling to have that toughness proven out as their response to diversity. That is something to build on. Sorta.

I don’t care about narratives. Just win baby. And if we win, rejoice!

I don’t care about narratives. Just win baby. And if we win, rejoice!
Trying to procrastinate via fan board Tom, sorry about all the paragraphs :D

But I'm wit ya - our laundry goes out on the field in the frozen tundra, and I will be rooting for our laundry every time that scoreboard lights up and I see Hudson. Lambeau. Those other guys. Hudson's why we have a draft.

2022 sports year for me has been consistent, all my teams are in a tough place. they all lose on the same weekends. What are the chances that today will buck the trend? so far 3 of 4 have lost this weekend. Pats last team to play...

Yep - there is no rest for the wicked. Positive outcomes are simply a means to crow the opposite narrative for the "volume posters" (is this like a volume scorer? Antoine Walker wants to know) of the board.

We have returned to the "Curse of the Bambino" culture where nothing will ever go right, everything sucks, and wallowing in misery is the regional birthright.

This might be another listen on the SXM radio while taking care of the yard or some other task I put off till today. We will see. If the crew wants to have a few beers I could be talked into watching. Either way I will pay attention to the score.

I used to hate the Pats away uniforms with those ugly blue pants. Their home uniforms are so bad, I look forward to seeing them on the road.

Reminds me of the middle of 2020. Pats went 4-1 with Cam and UDFA WRs and a 7th rd TE with wins against Lamar, Kyler, and Herbert (and a close-ish loss to DeShame and another win against a SB winning QB when JC was getting torched). Had zero expectations for wins against any of those teams, but the Pats pulled it off. It was almost refreshing to not have SB expectations. Personally I'll probably have patience until about the 2023 maybe the 2024 season. Then I'll get surly if the Pats still don't have a playoff win.

Hopefully this is the game that Bourne gets going ! He and Parker need to have big games if we have any hope of coming away with a win !

When I was young, the Red Sox reminded me of the Norse gods on their End-of-the-world day, Ragnorok. They are fated to lose and to die horrible deaths but they're all about how honorably they lost :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots