PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Going to be an interesting week. Not a lot of people will give us a chance, that's usually when BB and the Pats surprise!! Green Bay coming off a Tampa win and are 2-1. We'll need to play better and of course cut down on the turnovers which have killed us in both our losses.

I saw some of the Packers game yesterday and their defense was pretty impressive and they still have Rodgers on the offensive side so they are they are dangerous.

Also need to keep an eye on the injury front, Mac, how long is he out, do we get Meyers and Dugger back. Is Guy ok? Do we want to see Hoyer or Zappe if Mac can't go?

A lot to discuss, but getting to 2-2 with a weak stretch is imperative.

Stop Jones and Dillon.
Get out to a lead first and Pats will have a shot.

Zappe gives me hope.

Progress towards the future is good enough for me.

Looks like we get the "A" team this week. Hope we can put up an "A" performance!!!

Jaire Alexander might be out for this one. Left the game yesterday after the 1st drive because of a groin injury.

Hoyer CAN win if he doesn’t puke on himself and the Pats defense can draw up something to slow down the Packers like the Vikings and Bucs did.

I said can not will. But it’s not impossible. At least Hoyer won’t be intimidated by the environment. If he sucks it’s just because he’s bad.

Hoyer CAN win if he doesn’t puke on himself and the Pats defense can draw up something to slow down the Packers like the Vikings and Bucs did.

I said can not will. But it’s not impossible. At least Hoyer won’t be intimidated by the environment. If he sucks it’s just because he’s bad.

Yeah, he certainly won't win us the game, but if everyone else plays well he can play well enough to not lose it. I give him a little bit of a pass on his last start against KC, because he basically went in cold after not practicing as the starter all week. And they were still in that until KC pulled away in the 4th.

I'm not betting on a win though, no doubt. Tough team, tough place to play.

Yeah, he certainly won't win us the game, but if everyone else plays well he can play well enough to not lose it. I give him a little bit of a pass on his last start against KC, because he basically went in cold after not practicing as the starter all week. And they were still in that until KC pulled away in the 4th.

I'm not betting on a win though, no doubt. Tough team, tough place to play.

The way the media is playing up Rodgers this season so far like he hasn’t lost a single step though is not unexpected but getting increasingly absurd.

1664200518371.jpeg

Meanwhile

1664200553640.jpeg

It’s going to be a close game. We score enough to win. Belichick goes all in on formulating a game plan, esp on offense. It will be one of those masterful coaching performances.

Can the defense do its job?

Rolling into Green Bay with Tommy Hodson and fecking Marc Wilson. WTF???

Should be a fun little matchup against by far the best QB in the NFC. Belichick held that bad man to just 17 points in the previous meeting.

A good test before the real games start the following week.

The way the media is playing up Rodgers this season so far like he hasn’t lost a single step though is not unexpected but getting increasingly absurd.

View attachment 45704

Meanwhile

View attachment 45705

Yup, getting Rodgers early in the year while he's still trying to work things out with a bunch of young receivers is a good thing this year. Still have to play a really good 60 minute game, but this isn't the Rodgers/GB offense we're used to seeing yet.

Looks like the Packers found a decent one in that Romeo Doubs kid we scouted him quite a bit but didn't draft him.

Neither GB or TB looked that good last night. I know it's a near certainty that GB wins at home vs Hoyer led offense, but who knows. I really don't believe Mac at this stage of the offense's development will be that much worse off with Hoyer. He has zipped the ball pretty well the last 2 preseasons. Start bringing some more screens, get the TE's involved, and let Rham & Harris pound the ball.

Neither GB or TB looked that good last night. I know it's a near certainty that GB wins at home vs Hoyer led offense, but who knows. I really don't believe Mac at this stage of the offense's development will be that much worse off with Hoyer. He has zipped the ball pretty well the last 2 preseasons. Start bringing some more screens, get the TE's involved, and let Rham & Harris pound the ball.
I think the time off will do Mac some good he'll now see what we are all seeing open receivers while he's locking on to a covered Receiver.

GreenBay does a lot of short stuff this season. I'm sure BB planning to take that away

Screenshot_20220925-155046_NFL.jpg

I can't see us getting to 20 points with Hoyer.

Going to be an interesting week. Not a lot of people will give us a chance, that's usually when BB and the Pats surprise!! Green Bay coming off a Tampa win and are 2-1. We'll need to play better and of course cut down on the turnovers which have killed us in both our losses.

I saw some of the Packers game yesterday and their defense was pretty impressive and they still have Rodgers on the offensive side so they are they are dangerous.

Also need to keep an eye on the injury front, Mac, how long is he out, do we get Meyers and Dugger back. Is Guy ok? Do we want to see Hoyer or Zappe if Mac can't go?

A lot to discuss, but getting to 2-2 with a weak stretch is imperative.
Not a popular opinion but I'd like to see Zappe start. I know BB won't do that. At least, I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes