PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he can play and the risk of reinjury is low (which I doubt), I don't like Mac going into a game with barely any practice for the week. He's not a veteran who can just show up on game days and be reliable. He has 5 picks in 3 games, dude needs all the practice he can get.

They should just rest him. Let him heal more to avoid further injury. It's a NFC game so a loss vs GB is not as bad as a divisional loss/conference.

Maybe Mac will be the emergency QB this week. So he can tell his team he's "playing" - technically he's not lying. ;)

Maybe Mac will be the emergency QB this week. So he can tell his team he's "playing" - technically he's not lying. ;)
I think we did see something like that in 2016 when Brady was in jail, Jimmy G was injured, and Brissett was also injured but had no choice but to start. Jimmy was active as the backup but probably in no condition to play. We did lose that game in a shutout.

Don’t worry, Brian Hoyer is ready to have some “fun” at lambeau

This is weird. No point to it. Mac didn't even flinch his ankle to move his left foot during that video clip. I bet he was wheeled out there to stand for the media portion. But WHY? What do we think this is proving or gaining? Do you think the Packers are scared of either Mac or Brian? It's just stupid. Let the kid heal for another week or two - he doesn't need to be standing around on the bench in pads either. Hoyer could do enough to beat the Lions, it's not their defense we have to worry about, it's their offense which is getting pretty potent. Our D needs to get rolling. Let Mac come back if/when he can start running again - at CLE or vs CHI

I have this mental image of the Pats rolling Jones out onto the practice field on a standup dolley and standing him up in position before the media is let in. Then, loading him back on the dolley and wheeling him off the field after the media left.

Just something to amuse myself on a long Friday afternoon at my work desk.

I have this mental image of the Pats rolling Jones out onto the practice field on a standup dolley and standing him up in position before the media is let in. Then, loading him back on the dolley and wheeling him off the field after the media left.
I think that actually happened - he was wearing some kind of mask and muttering about "Clarice", fava beans, and chianti.

very encouraging that he’s practicing. Dont see him playing this week but it gives me hope he can be back next week or the week after if all goes well.

C'mon Packers you slackers. Where's my injury report? 4pm EST. Would help if Jaire were out. Gotta make sure he's fully healed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes