PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Strong isn't injured, he's just been inactive? They only carried 2 active RB's yesterday. That's worrisome, but this week we'll have no choice, Strong seems guaranteed to get some reps this week, and I hope he can show something. BB said it's doubtful Ty is back, and I doubt they bring up a PS RB, although JJ at least has experience over Strong. I'm just concerned putting the whole load on Rham so early in the season, we're going to need him down the stretch. Either way, Browns were awful against the run vs. Chargers, so hope we can take advantage again.

Rham is built to be a 30 carry a game RB, he could carry the load for an entire season if he had to

What might have been Ash: we Drafted Harry instead of A.J. Brown. :( Imagine A.J. Brown/Meyers instead of Harry/MEYERS we might have been in two more SB's with Brady.
I don't know if I was the only one, but I was beside myself PISSED when we picked up Sanu because I knew it would take away development time from my binkie.

I don't know if I was the only one, but I was beside myself PISSED when we picked up Sanu because I knew it would take away development time from my binkie.
Jim what's your take on this contract year Meyers? I'm at a loss at how good he's playing he's still leading all Patriots' WR's in yards after missing consecutive games. Boy he looks possessed playing out there man on a mission.

Rham is built to be a 30 carry a game RB, he could carry the load for an entire season if he had to
Hes a beast but 30 a game is way too much. Maybe 1-2 games if it allows....

Since it seems Harris will be out for a bit, curious to see if Strong will get some carries here and there now and/or Harris gets activated off the PS.

Jim what's your take on this contract year Meyers? I'm at a loss at how good he's playing he's still leading all Patriots' WR's in yards after missing consecutive games. Boy he looks possessed playing out there man on a mission.
I've already said my goodbyes. Will continue to keep enjoying the last year. I was pleading with the Pats to extend him 2 summers ago (because binkie), when I predicted 85rec/900yds for 2021 and 120rec/1200yds for 2022, but it's probably too late now.

Hes a beast but 30 a game is way too much. Maybe 1-2 games if it allows....

Since it seems Harris will be out for a bit, curious to see if Strong will get some carries here and there now and/or Harris gets activated off the PS.
Yeah Kevin Harris is a big time RB was kinda surprised when we drafted him but he can spell Rham some running the rock.

Man, all these games are a must win at this point, but this one especially. Jets (GB) / Phins (Min) / Bills (KC) have a decent chance of all losing which can put the Pats right back in the thick of things.

I've already said my goodbyes. Will continue to keep enjoying the last year. I was pleading with the Pats to extend him 2 summers ago (because binkie), when I predicted 85rec/900yds for 2021 and 120rec/1200yds for 2022, but it's probably too late now.
I'm hoping for a extension he'll be 26 by FA just entering the prime of his career. I think it would be $$$$ well spent if I was shopping for the groceries there is a lot to like here.

I love Rham but Harris will be missed. Harris is the better pure running back, especially with the stretch/crack/wide concepts they're running. He rarely loses yards, finds creases, has ridiculously strong, tree-trunk legs, great vision and pad level.

Rham is a nice complement, an extremely good player in his own right, and absolutely a RB1. Bit more of an open-field playmaker, better with the ball in his hands. But I want to see a downhill, decisive runner. Kevin Harris is probably the closest thing they have to that right now. Not sold on Strong from what I've seen - would rather see Harris or Taylor ... or have Strong show up and surprise me.

Yeah Kevin Harris is a big time RB was kinda surprised when we drafted him but he can spell Rham some running the rock.
Even though I prefer Strong (speed) to KHarris, KH ran much better in preseason - just had that fumble v Raiders which was a big no no, especially considering he only had 1 his entire college career (almost 400 touches).

Miles Garrett, Jadeveon Clowney,Taven Bryant and Jordan Elliot...at home with a raucous crowd...and almost all of you see some kind of BIG VICTORY on the horizon. Excuse me....you guys DO realize who is playing right tackle for us, right? I sure hope Strange has his big boy pants on for this game because Andrews is going to take a real beating all day. You can do war dances screaming Zappe! all week long but take a look at what the Pats are facing up front. My strategy would be pound pound pound Mondre and quick, short passes. As the running game takes its' effect there will be shots down the field, as in ANY NFL game...but make no mistake, Zappe is facing an extremely VICIOUS, hard hitting front four on defense. He cannot afford to get knocked out of this game.

I don't see anyone saying it's going to be a "BIG Victory". Most people are cautiously optimistic at a win and that it would be close.

Not sure why you think that Andrews is going to take a beating from the smallest D-line in the league that is also the worst Run Defense in the league.

Bryan and Elliot do not scare me at all. Garrett is the only front 7 player on that team that scares me. Clowney isn't the threat off the edge that he was in Houston. Injuries have taken their toll on him.

Getting Deontae Jones from the Falcons should help that defense. Eventually. But it's not going to take a defense that allowed 8.6YPC to Ekeler and Kelly and magically make then a 3YPC team.

The Pats will need Strong and Taylor to step up to help Rhamondre.

Ash don't forget Kevin Harris: BB loves those North - South between the Tackles type.
Don't think we'll see him this year, BB values ball security more than anyone, and Harris had some issues this summer with that.

Really hope we scheme well on Defense the Browns have some pieces @ RB - WR and TE. One thing of note regarding Jacoby Biscuit he ain't throwing it in the EZ they really on Chubb and Hunt there. This could be a FG type game unless either Team is not inside the 5 yard line regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes