PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the leader of the team. Everyone freaks out when Bourne says something, or Brown, but when, like you say "the starting QB" acts like a child it's fine?
Who is freaking out when Bourne says something? The media?

Mac yelled on TV. Big deal.
I get it, you don't care. I'm sure there are a lot of fans that don't care. Except the ones that are booing him. He needs to perform or he's going to lose the majority of the fan base, if he hasn't already.
giphy.gif
Who is freaking out

Last edited:
On field interactions you see between players can tell you things, Matthew Slater’s warm celebrations with Mac Jones during the victory formation kneel downs at the end of both the Dolphins and Cardinals games tell me the longest tenured and most respected player on the Patriots really likes his 2nd year QB quite a bit.

If Matthew Slater doesn’t have a problem with Mac Jones then neither do I, nor should you or Boomer Esiason.

On field interactions you see between players can tell you things, Matthew Slater’s warm celebrations with Mac Jones during the victory formation kneel downs at the end of both the Dolphins and Cardinals games tell me the longest tenured and most respected player on the Patriots really likes his 2nd year QB quite a bit.

If Matthew Slater doesn’t have a problem with Mac Jones then neither do I, nor should you or Boomer Esiason.
He may be a great guy but he’s a below average QB and bottom of the barrel passer.

No matter what Allen will most likely play at least the first half on Sunday, they won't sit him for the whole game even if they win tonight and KC loses Saturday.

Matt Barkley is the back up and he's not very good at all. We just gotta keep the game close till Allen gets pulled. After that the defense should be able to shut Barkely down.

He may be a great guy but he’s a below average QB and bottom of the barrel passer.
No. He’s probably a crappy guy and an above average QB. The coaches and team in general have screwed him and the 2022 squad.

Bourne. Bourne. Bourne.

edit!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) Doesn't it make sense that teams are going to lose more often to good QBs and win more often against bad QBs?
(2) Did you do this exercise for other mediocre (~8-9 win teams) teams in the league and see how it went for them too, or just the Pats?
Of course I did it for every team. But why would anyone here care about the Jaguars?

Because the Packers are going to win and we get some Rodgers ballwashing
I'm ok with the Packers making the playoffs. It just means another choke for Rodgers.

I'm ok with the Packers making the playoffs. It just means another choke for Rodgers.
Hmm I'm not sure about that.
As much as I hate to admit it the Packers have seemed to figure it out. They have a lethal running game and a defense that causes turnovers. Rodgers doesn't need to carry them

If Mac was the QB for any other team w/ his onfield histrionics, you would be saying the same thing as Boomer. I know you don't approve of this.

But we're not the #1 seed. We're praying for 3 other teams to lose so we can back into the playoffs. That's his point. Perform on the field, carry your team to wins, and then you can take a sh*t in the mof for all we care, instead of sh*tting yourself and acting frantic.

He's acting like Rodgers, being a drama queen on the field. Only difference is he always says the right things in his pressers unlike Aaron who throws his teammates under the bus.

He hasn't earned the right to act like that because he hasn't shown he can deliver when it matters. We've seen several young QBs go out there with poor OLs, coaching, etc, like you know most teams have in the NFL and perform. Not b*tch and moan but perform. He needs to stfu and get it done. Enough with the excuses. Stand in the pocket, quickly scan the field, move around to buy time if you have to, and deliver a strike to your receivers. Do that consistently so it leads to TD scores and we'll forget about the rest.

He's the leader of the team. Everyone freaks out when Bourne says something, or Brown, but when, like you say "the starting QB" acts like a child it's fine?

I get it, you don't care. I'm sure there are a lot of fans that don't care. Except the ones that are booing him. He needs to perform or he's going to lose the majority of the fan base, if he hasn't already.

emmettkaeel6large.jpg

Hmm I'm not sure about that.
As much as I hate to admit it the Packers have seemed to figure it out. They have a lethal running game and a defense that causes turnovers. Rodgers doesn't need to carry them
I've heard it all before with Rodgers. 2020 was his last best chance and he blew it. I don't see him winning another Super Bowl. The AFC is winning the Super Bowl this year unless Brady faces Buffalo or Mahomes. His owns both until the day he retires.

Game plan needs to get more deep throw plays. Phins game got Thornton more involved with deep passes.
Stop doing the quick pass to WR at the line. They have not produced much yardage in the past 3 games. Waste of a play.

You're trolling over a quarterback with <3000 yards, <15 TDs, and a sub-.500 record??

Let's wipe the slate clean for Mac heading into this one - good and bad. He has a chance to change some opinions favorably with a solid performance and a win against an elite quarterback. Let's see what he's got in a big spot.

You're trolling over a quarterback with <3000 yards, <15 TDs, and a sub-.500 record??

Huh? No.

Let's wipe the slate clean for Mac heading into this one - good and bad. He has a chance to change some opinions favorably with a solid performance and a win against an elite quarterback. Let's see what he's got in a big spot.

What slate? I always want Mac to do well.

You seem to have my post confused with someone else's.

Huh? No.

What slate? I always want Mac to do well.

You seem to have my post confused with someone else's.
You're trolling @venecol, correct? I don't know why you're confused.

I think McDermott will get his team to go all out on Sunday no matter what like Coughlin did in 07. Pats will have to earn it and that’s the way it should be. If they can still beat the Bills their playoff outlook brightens imo.

I hope they do force the Pats to "EARN" it. If they do, then the Pats will really be firing and looking in the right direction for the play-offs.

It appears you have a problem with Mac Jones, is that correct? That seems your concern here.
I think my posts are self-explanatory. He's got at least one big game ahead of him this season. We'll see what happens. But I think it's premature for victory laps when a quarterback is below 3000 & 15 and sub .500.

Odds that the Pats and Bills get moved to Monday or later given the circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents